Tinnitus
Syllabic
Isao
8 posters

Go down

Hello folks :) Empty Hello folks :)

Post by Isao Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:23 pm

Hey everyone

I've been in the chat for a couple months now, and it's a very relaxed place to hangout, I appreciate it Smile

As for introductions:
Been playing RuneScape since uhhh... 2005 I think? I've been involved in several clans during that time, often playing some role in clan management/leadership. The most interesting of these was probably the Triumvirate - which originated as an initiative by several Jmods - where three god-aligned factions competed in events for honour and prestige. The competitive aspect petered out, but we merged those factions into one big clan that's still sort of going as far as I know Smile

Either way, the push for microtransactions in RS3 got too much for me, and I quite RS for around 5 or 6 years. Now back exploring new content in OSRS on an ironman account Very Happy I still remember a lot about the game from back then, and I've been absorbing info about new content too, so I can usually help out with some advice.

Outside of RuneScape I'm a computer scientist teacher at a local highschool. I enjoy cooking, worldbuilding and game design. I keep a log of all the films I've ever watched (600+ and counting), have been playing Magic since I was 6 years old, and love old maps and cartography. Recently I've been getting into tabletop roleplaying games too, though 2020 sure threw a spanner in the works there.

Well, that's enough about me I reckon Razz I'll see you all in the clan chat (or possibly on here or discord, though I'm not as active on either of those)
Isao
Isao

Back to top Go down

Hello folks :) Empty Re: Hello folks :)

Post by Syllabic Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:54 pm

Ayy, he's finally done it! Glad to see my superior powers of persuasion finally won out, aha.

Never heard of the Triumvirate, but I wasn't into the clan scene much back in the day. Sounds like a really interesting idea, actually. Always liked how lore-focused people used to get. You ever check in on them now and again? Pretty cool that it still exists after all these years.

I'm also a map/cartography fanatic. You do much of your own work, or is it more a general appreciation? I'm admittedly not much of an artist, but I used to be pretty into it. Worldbuilding isn't so much my strong suit, but I find the physical ink and paper aspect to be supremely relaxing. Should still have some of my own stuff laying around, but I doubt it's half as good as I remember Laughing

What kind of tabletop RPGs are you into? My friend group is pretty huge into D&D, Call of Cthulhu, that sort of thing. One I've been really wanting to get into recently is Lancer, actually. Huge fan of the aesthetic/lore they've got going. Would recommend checking it out if you haven't already Smile And, while only tangentially related, you might find our board game night idea appealing? https://www.osrsadvice.com/t4954-muffin-n-syllabic-s-stupendous-game-night-time-tbd Hasn't seen a ton of support so far, but if you think you might be interested then we'd love to have you!

Anyway, enough outta me. Thank you for the post!

Hello folks :) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:18 pm

Hey Isao,

Thanks for the intro! Better late than never. Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever posted an intro when I came back to OSRS a few months ago. I did years ago though when I first joined, so I guess that counts =p.

I felt the same way about RS3. I started an iron a few years ago and haven't looked back since. You'll definitely encounter pieces of content you otherwise would never even consider doing on a regular account, although some of it may not be the most entertaining, as you are already aware =p. Overall, absolutelyyyyy worth it though!

Pretty cool to know we have a few educators in the clan. You guys are invaluable for the work you do. I feel teachers sometimes don't get the respect they deserve, especially during these times. 

Good luck on your goals. I know you were wanting to grind out RC but were having some trouble getting essence. It can be a struggle sometimes for us irons, but I know it's worth it in the end.
Cheers man! Thanks for the intro again  FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello folks :) 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by 11 Eleven Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:25 pm

Welcome! I remember The Triumvirate as well. And like you, micro transactions wore thin on me. We have tonnes of irons in the clan to answer any questions. Have fun exploring OSRS!

Hello folks :) U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Isao Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:25 am

Re: Syllabic - Concerning maps, it's mostly a general appreciation, though I have dabbled in drawing some maps of my own. I usually get too ambitious with it though, and then abandon it again Razz As far as tabletop RPGs, Ive done some Pathfinder and Call of Cthulu with some colleagues last year, and currently looking into D&D5E to do some dm'ing myself. I'll definitely have a look at the board game night, though no promises

Re: Tin - The wyrm task was nice to me, got over 1k essences now Razz Now starting to get into the part of slayer where there's some more tasks that drop em, so should be good, and that old Cromperty at least gives me a few every day Very Happy
Isao
Isao

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:57 am

Good to see you on here, I wish i'd had a bet with Syll yesterday that he would get you here sooner rather than later.
I love maps too, maybe oddly ive been fascinated by them since first finding the ones on the inside cover of Winnie the Pooh books!!! I'm sure that counts Smile. I applied to be a cartographer when I left school but ended up in a bank instead for various reasons ( and loved it). See you in game, my pm is always open. Smile
ladybird2

Hello folks :) NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:39 am

Welcome, on a more 'official' basis, to the clan mate Smile Great to see you making an introduction post!

It's been a pleasure having you in the cc and watching you achieve your in-game goals. I was tempted to not reply in an attempt to revolt against that cheeky comment you made to me in the cc earlier about those 2 extra pest control points, but, how could I actually resist when I know you were joking and just wanting to niggle me for actually being on this long old grind hehe Razz Razz

Another congratulations from me for completing the Mage Training Arena, it surely is one heck of a grind haha. What's next on the grind list agenda? Wishing you all the best and success for whatever it/they may be Smile

PM is always on if you need anything, although you're a superior IronMEME so I'm sure you won't need a lil normie like me for advice haha! A final warm welcome from me mate, looking forward to seeing you in the cc when we're both online.

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Hello folks :) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi Isao,
Like you, I've been playing RuneScape for quite a while - since 2006 for me and continuing when it transitioned into RS3 and EOC, though I no longer actively play RS3. I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile and have been really enjoying it. I like the nostalgia aspect of re-learning things as well as being introduced to new content.

I'm fairly new to the clan but in the time I've been here, everyone has been friendly and helpful. It's a great clan to be part of. Welcome to the clan. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Isao!!! Awesome to see you finally make it to the offsite!
I've been playing since Classic myself, but once EoC hit that was it for me...didn't play until after mobile hit and could go back to the good ol' ways Smile

I tried logging into RS3 once, just to see what it was like...There were so many pop ups and dailies and flashing things and O_O I was so lost I logged out in about 20 seconds and will prob never go back myself XD

Def will keep shouting out to you in game 8-)
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down