Mobile warrior

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mobile warrior - Page 2 Empty Re: Mobile warrior

Post by Guthran Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:07 pm

God of thunda graciously gifted me a massive upgrade to my gear the other day! Huge shout out to him! This morning I decided to take the armor and an abyssal dagger with bgs to vorkath to test it out. Works like a charm! Was slaying vorkath at a better rate than using dcb with far less supplies used. Using melee I can bank more instead of pouring back into pots and bolts. No need for Sars brews even. Got myself 12 kills or so and brought in just over 2 mil. Good morning!

Still on that attack grind though. Still on the bandos kick also. I have 52 bandos kc now boiz! One tasset drop but we have been dry for 6 hours now sadly!
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior - Page 2 YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by B1oodDruid Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:10 am

Sounds like your making some serious gains! Keep it up gamer!
B1oodDruid
B1oodDruid

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:44 pm

I hope Bandos blesses you with more drops in the future. Smile
Alexander
Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:24 pm

I have been super busy in game. Running so much bandos bring my bank up and now with full bandos and dhl I've gone back to vorkath! My vorkath kills...oh my...it's a slaughter in his domain!

I have like 360 kills now or something like that. Will have 90 attack tonight and try to run some more bandos!

Ladies and gentlemen the time is near! The time for breaking the ice with raiding is on the horizon!

This has been a slow climb. A climb of gaining comfortability on mobile doing content ive never done. It all started with vorkath, then to bandos trios then doing bandos duos to meleeing vorkath with nearly all bis items. I can prayer swap, gear swap and tab swap with a level of comfortability I didn't think possible for me before I began this journey at the start of ds2!

The time is now to officially announce...toa...is now at the top of the list for content to explore. The road is unclear and I'll admit I have my doubts. This is a do or don't do scenario though. Either I get good and can do this on mobile or not and the not...is NOT an option.

This week's schedule is this:

90 attack (tonight)
90 def which will be the majority of this week
Followed by 99 strength next week (possibly next friday)
Then...beneath cursed sands Saturday night
Then...the trial will begin. Two months of knocking down pillars I set for myself and this is the one at the apex of this climb in goals I have set for myself.

So! In two weeks...if this all goes well...prepare yourselves. If you have seen in chat lately I've been asking for bandos groups for 2 weeks now. 2 weeks from now the obsession may be raids. Then I'll be blowing up the cc for groups in toa!

The new lands be on the horizon!
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by lilhob Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:30 am

So stoked for you Guthran!!!!! Also Gzzzzzzz for 90 attk if you have it now! Love reading this 😁 and even more impressed that its all done on mobile 🤯
lilhob
lilhob

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:28 pm

lilhob wrote:So stoked for you Guthran!!!!! Also Gzzzzzzz for 90 attk if you have it now! Love reading this 😁 and even more impressed that its all done on mobile 🤯

Thank you lilhob =] I did achieve 90 att about 8 hours after you posted. Was only 80 something thousand xp away upon logging in.

Thanks again=]
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:45 pm

I'm still in love with bandos! Last night I grouped with 2 randoms. Such a good run! Other dps went afk and died and me and the tank duoed for a while for him to get back. I LOVE those runs that get a little sweaty. Someone tried to crash our party and we had a couple scuffed fights until he finally world hopped.
The guy who died brought a replacement dps but me and the tank who were there from the beginning stayed at bandos for almost 4 hours!! Picking up cb pots and str pots, squeezing every single last bit out of our resources to continue getting kills! I love runs like that! It was a dry run though. Ran the pot up to around 1.6m. I gave the tank my split. I can make 500k at vorkath in 3 kills lol. So I show love to tanks when the runs are bone dry.

Still determined though because we can get lucky with multi unique drops in one trip! I don't gamble with money but I'll gladly gamble with my time. Besides vorkath can get a little sweaty if you mess up and bandos is generally pretty chill even if you're duoing.

One thing I have enjoyed learning while doing bandos is prayer flicking. I've never done that before either but when supplies start running low I want to get every last second I can out of my supplies. Last night even started flicking piety when all my cb pots were run dry lol.

One fight I did have to tank and it went really well. I've watched several different styles of tanking over the past 2 weeks so my strategy is the 2 hit method or whatever. I'll hit him once or twice then run under him to allow the dps to smack him around while he dancing over me. If I need to heal then I heal. I've read that bandos does his ranged attack every 3 attacks or so. Maybe I'm just making that up in my head but I could have swore I read that at some point. I haven't paid attention to his attack rotations tbh though.

I've decided to go ahead an push for strength this week. I'll be 97 strength soon and being so close to max str I'm just going to go ahead and go for it for maximum dps. The times I do have to tank bandos aren't to difficult so I'm content with my defense for now. Guide recommends 90+ def for bandos tanks anyway so I'd say I'm doing ok on defense for now.

I've been running bandos with kharils top for magic defense but I think tonight I'll run with bcp for maxing my dps. Also someone in the gwd chat bandos spec isn't good for fang dps. I'm not too sure about this but I want to look into it more.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:44 pm

Past two night have been bone dry at bandos but I'm getting to group up with more of our clan members. Last night it was gfkilledme and dabs. Dabs tanked and gfkilledme was killing it with bowfa! Our total pot was like 1.5m so 500k each. I don't take the petty change. Here's why:

Went to vorkath right after and first run got 3 kills....total drops were 550k lol. So in 10 minutes I made at vorkath what a couple hours dry at bandos brings in. I'm not complaining though I mean gwd is 15 year old content and vorkath although kinda old himself still has better drops on average.

I haven't gone back to ranging vorkath since I've gotten dhl. Dhl is so nice and my personal best is now 1:21!  I'm even able to get 5 kills some trips!

I have thought about taking Sars brews to really get max kills per run but meh I'd prefer to bank after 3 to 5 kills and have minimal supply costs. Supply costs per run are half a divine cb, half extended super fire, 5 anglers, 11 manta rays and about 2 and a half pp.

Anyway I've been working on strength in the nmz while I'm not actually gaming. I might get 98 strength tomorrow. Not too keen on 99s tbh but 99 cb stats seems worth it imo.  So obviously maxing out damage is top of the list.

I took bandos chest plate to graardor last night and I don't think I'll be doing that again tonight. As cool as it looks and as nice as the att bonuses are I'm going to opt for more def....maybe lol...
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:47 pm

This is the day everyone. I made goals for myself and I set out and did them.

It started with ds2
Then bandos...
....and now I have enter the big league...

I have broke, ladies and gentlemen, the ice. My raiding has begun! I am now 2 toa entry levels completed!

This is by far the most engaging content I have ever done in runescape in all the years I have played. It's lived up to what I was hoping for and then some.

I sought a challenge. I sought something new that was more than the standard turn based game I've know since childhood. I found it.

Last night I was tired and went to bed early. So I woke up 3:30am this morning. No longer finding bandos engaging I decided to pursue what it is I planned. Complete beneath cursed sands and try an entry toa solo.

After completing the quest I won't lie I was hesitant. What laid ahead of me was either going to make or break my desire to play runescape. I'm limited to mobile and that's not going to change any time soon. So either I could get it done or get burnt out the same way I always have. It would have made me so sad to not be able to build the skills to do it and lose interest later on...

I decided to take it slow and easy. No invocation because the mechanics were more than enough to learn I figured. I went in with supplies for one boss at a time. Puzzle route was first. I struggle with memory at times so it had to be first. It went ok. The pattern of 5 is my worst fear tbh. All the other ones I can manage easily. I wrote a chart down to refer to on the counting puzzle.

That scarab boss took my 3 tries the first time. There was so much going on! Lmao.

Next was akka, then the croc, then baba. After killing them all individually and leaving to resupply and reflect on what I could have done better in the individual fights I decided to take on the final boss.

He smoked me the first time, not even the final phase but the guardian. No way that was going to deter me though. I HAD to know if I would be able to handle the chaos in that final phase!

Making easy work out of the first 4 bosses I reached the final chamber for a second time. Prepped my inventory and got to work. I handled the guardian much easy because I realized what I was doing wrong the first time.

Then...the true test began. I messed up on every rotation just about forgetting which side to stand but I managed to get to the final phase. So much going on I loved it!!! I sacked that big boy and took home a win! I was so pumped I wasted almost no time going back in! Posted on DC my accompliment and started another one!

The second on went smooth as butter! The guardian on the final boss was much easier and I made less mistakes on the final phase.

I'm going to keep running 0 level for a little while. Get even more comfortable with the mechanics and grow my skills with swapping prayers, gear and knowing what to look out for.

One of the hardest things I find about this whole raid ois breaking the jugs of water. I have to long press on stationary jugs for the option to break them. It's about 1 game tick for the menu to show so thats going to take some getting used to.

Anyway this is really long. For those that see this guthran is now raiding! Hopefully I'll get to play with more of you guys now that I'm here.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:44 am

Spent the last two days running toa solo and with some guys I've ran bandos with. All but 1 run were so much fun. Communication is the only thing that's an issue for me. If communication is required discord is best.

Absolutely loving this raid! I tried a solo 150 earlier today and got the final boss down to 100hp. Missed my ambrosia click and lost but exciting stuff! I love the chaos phase! In the duos and trios I've ran over clocked ( I think ) where the floor sweep move is 1.2 seconds faster or something really has made the normal speed a cake walk. So I can cheese a 150 by adding path finder and kephri isn't all bad neither is zebaks invocations. I haven't messed with aka because he can damage u through prayer anyway but from what I've seen some of his invocations I will add once I upgrade my gear.

So many new things will be happening in the coming up weeks! I'm going to grind the skills for sote this week and if I finish them do me2 and sote this weekend. After that it will be learning and running the gauntlet for Crystal armor and bowfa. Meanwhile I'll finish maxing my strength and I'm unsure on att or def after that.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by lilhob Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:45 am

Goodluck with grinding the skills for the quests this week! And doing them this weekend. Sounds like you are coming along really well with your goals 💪
lilhob
lilhob

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:43 am

It feels like its been a long time since I've updated this blog lol...but so much has been done!

This past week I've worked steadily on hunter and farming. Saturday I reached 70 farming and right now I'm sitting at 67 hunter. I could have already gotten 70 hunter but I burn out quickly so I've been doing it a lvl at a time with a toa run as a break.

Toa...tombs of amascus...so much fun! I have pushed 4 solid attempts at 150 solos but fell short at the very end. Getting the boss down to 100 or less hp. This...was BEFORE I started taking my bgs. So this past week I focused on time and the amount of damage taken. My goal was to take 500 or less damage running lvl 50. Yesterday I finally achieved that with 473 damage taken AND that was with a small blunder during the windmill attack. I haven't tried a 150 with bgs yet though. Since I know I can easily beat a lvl 50 I just want to have fun in between the tedious hunter lvls >.>

So this week I'll be finishing off 70 hunter then 70 construction and 70 herblore. On Saturday night or Sunday it will be time for me2 followed by song of the elves!

I've had to take a step back too though. Instead of jumping in nmz when I get home I've decided I need to focus on my irl routine again before I hop on rs. I've made enough gains anyway with 91 att, 98 str and 88 def so I'm happy where I'm at.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by lilhob Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:53 am

hey guthran! nice work! Also I never ask anyone what toa means so im so glad you said it haha. I am on the path to getting 70 farming + this week also so I really understand your struggles! I have 66 hunter and think i'll go for 67 tonight then do some black salllys and see if i can get 68..

Also stoked to hear about you working on your irl routine again, its so easy to just jump on here and I know I also need to take a step back too so its a good reminder for us all.

love your updates, byee! <3
lilhob
lilhob

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:54 am

Congrats on your levels. Smile

TOA seems really fun and I tried doing some solos as a way to learn it (which probably isn't the best way to learn) but it was really fun. I think once I get more time, I would love to join you on some raids!

Glad to hear that you are taking care of life first, before RS. I hope things are well.
Alexander
Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:03 pm

Between my internet connection and this device not being the greatest I think I have to finally accept the truth. I think mobile is great and not a crutch but running anything more than a solo toa is awful. It lags so bad especially during the final boss. So I think I may be calling it. Even getting kc for gwd is terrible so it must be a mix of the two. I've played runescape on and off for almost 2 decades so skilling doesn't really appeal to me anymore. I also don't want to just do solo end game content because it feels kind of empty.

It really sucks because I'm having a great time but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment anymore right now. I'm not moving anytime in the near future for better connection and I don't forsee an upgrade on my device anytime soon either.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:06 pm

lilhob wrote:hey guthran! nice work! Also I never ask anyone what toa means so im so glad you said it haha. I am on the path to getting 70 farming + this week also so I really understand your struggles! I have 66 hunter and think i'll go for 67 tonight then do some black salllys and see if i can get 68..

Also stoked to hear about you working on your irl routine again, its so easy to just jump on here and I know I also need to take a step back too so its a good reminder for us all.

love your updates, byee! <3

Gl on the hunter and farming! Farming isn't so bad just plant and go about your business. Hunter though...um idk about you but I don't really enjoy hunter all that much lol.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm

Alexander wrote:Congrats on your levels. Smile

TOA seems really fun and I tried doing some solos as a way to learn it (which probably isn't the best way to learn) but it was really fun. I think once I get more time, I would love to join you on some raids!

Glad to hear that you are taking care of life first, before RS. I hope things are well.

I think you're right though. Going solo to learn the boss mechanics is good. Toa is a lot of fun! I've only done that one but watched videos on the past two raids. It seems like the team has come a long way in how they design their raids. Makes me excited to see what they will come out with next!

I may not be doing anymore team toa though...sadly. even though I would absolutely love to.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 pm

Hunter is actually not that bad if you do your birdhouse runs on Fossil Island. I did 40-99 Hunter there. Smile
Alexander
Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:27 pm

Alexander wrote:Hunter is actually not that bad if you do your birdhouse runs on Fossil Island. I did 40-99 Hunter there. Smile

Well to each their own brother. Hunter and nearly all skilling just isn't my cup of tea anymore. There was a day it was fun for me but that day is long gone. I'm also not too fond of 99s tbh. 99 combat skills make sense to me but for other skills that most certainly isn't my thing. Unless you just so happen to max a gathering skill for the sake of profit. I don't have any desire to simply get a 99 for the sake of having a 99. My hunter was only lvl 16 a week ago and I've only been doing that and a few others to unlock more pvm content.
Guthran
Guthran

Back to top Go down

Post by lilhob Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:58 am

I agree with you Guthran 😅 Hunter is not super enjoyable or atleast I havent found what I really enjoy yet
lilhob
lilhob

kermit

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next