Mobile warrior

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mobile warrior Empty Mobile warrior

Post by Guthran Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:36 am

I feel it's more appropriate to post here rather than on the goals and achievements.

Recently I finished ds2. Which...to me...is HUGE. I never thought I could over come that on mobile.

This morning I gave vorkath another shot with my less than optimal gear to say the least. In previous attempts he killed me several times this past Monday. This morning though I managed to not get KOd and lose the nervousness of fighting him. I even tried to melee him with a whip lmao. Which didn't end up too bad because his ranged attacked hardly hit me compared to my ranged set up.

In the mean time between getting the salve amulet this weekend I'm still working on att and def. Once my def gets to 80 I might push it to 85 or continue with strength.

This is all really exciting to me because I'm really nervous about raiding in the future on mobile. I just feel like being able to handle vorkath on mobile is a nice step towards what it's going to take to do raids.

Sometimes I like to post things in kind of a story format so I'll make those kinds of posts here and leave the goals post more simple and cleaner.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Mobile warrior Empty Re: Mobile warrior

Post by Splindaugh Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:33 am

First of all, massive congratulations to you my friend. Galvek is not a super easy fight, and only made harder with lower tier gear. Couple this all together while playing on mobile, truly incredible. I can't wait to see how your raiding journey unfolds! Good luck gamer <3
Splindaugh
Splindaugh

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Hedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:35 pm

Smashed out a hard and elite clue scroll today. Gave Watson all but an elite for a master clue earlier. Finished off the hellhound task I had to look for cs drops. The elite cs I did today was extremely easy! 5 steps and 4 out of 5 were go here talk to so and so.

In the first step I had to go to the ancient cavern. Saw the green dragon thought meh...green drag. He cast magic at me. Ahh.. brutal green dragon well ok then. Had to kill a water fiend and really underestimated that thing.

Also, interesting note....basilisks lvl 67 drop elite clue scrolls. Idk I just think that's strange. They drop elite clue scrolls and have a really low drop rate on ensouled heads. Weird.

Received my first basilisk task after having completed fremmy exiles a couple weeks ago. Super excited I immediately went to the basilisk knights. Dharok plate, legs, slayer helm(i), v shield, whip ( knights +0 crush def ), d boots, war scroll, barrow gloves, fury and that sweet myths cape is my melee set up. 30 kills in so far and it's not bad. I don't mind the slower tasks these days. Not much left on the slayer table from here on out so the longer I spend getting it to a higher lvl the better my cb stats will be to handle what is to come.

Lost my prayer a few times and all that galvek and vorkath practice came out lol. Quickly re potting and enabling quick prayers. I'm really enjoying the pvm on mobile. The next big step I feel is being able to have inventory open to heal and quickly opening prayers and swapping an overhead and back to inventory effectively.

Getting close to 80 def. I could have had it tonight but I've been grinding for too long. I just like nmz when I first get home. So I can do my evening routine and get some gains towards the content I want to do.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:01 pm

What a morning it's been. I want to talk about my methods for killing vorkath that I've been working on.

First off I thoroughly enjoy and am looking SO forward to the upcoming customization options for mobile players. Once that drops it could be a complete game changer. As it is now though it's not too bad. The hardest thing I find about the vorkath fight is the undead bug. My default position is with vorkath on the top of the screen zoomed in enough so my thumbs can rest just a few tiles away from my character, in order to dodge the fireball, which makes it slightly uncomfortable in seeing which way he shoots the bug. When he rears his head back I depress gently on the screen an zoom out just a little so I can see the direction. Then rotate the screen so that the bug is almost within tapping distance of my default thumb positions. I've found that missing two taps is almost a fail the majority of the time. So maybe almost 2 seconds and if it comes to that I get ready heal.

So I've been taking 1 rng pot, 1 extended anti fire, 1 anti venom, 1 super restore, 2 Sara brews and 2 prayer pots. For food I bring 5 anglers and 12 mantas. I've been healing in 2 different ways to try and maximize the amount of time I can do damage to him. I use the brews if needed while avoiding fire barrage and the mantas and anglers outside of fire barrage. If I have to heal when he casts fireball I like to eat while moving. My first 10 kills I used kharils top with dharok legs to try and reduce the damage taken from his range attack. The previous 20 kills have been kharils top and bottom. My pb is 3:52 seconds but i haven't had a kill in under 5min since kharil top and bottom so I'm geared right now with kharils top and dharoks legs. Maybe the amount of damage I'm taking because of the reduced range defense is why.

On another note I want to talk about the fails! Lol because there have been quite a few! I've experience the QUADRUPLE fireball...interesting lol. He likes to try and combo with cutting off prayer and casting fireball which, for me, got me twice. When he cuts off prayer I glance over really quick to the prayer emblem at the top right to enable prayers so in that split second I've learned to be prepared. He's KOd me after freezing me with a range att lol.

Also...I want to mention how uncomfortable it is to avoid the fire barrage while rubber banding! Or seeing his fireball mid air after a spike of lag! Lol. It gets sweaty really fast when I'm turning run on to avoid that, re-engage then turn it off again to avoid his fire barrage.

This has honestly been the most fun in runescape in a long time! Not that I don't enjoy the chill play or anything but never played runescape like this before and it's a nice, fresh experience.

The day before yesterday I was killing basilisk knights and someone there convinced me to attempt jad for the fire cape. Now...I don't buckle down and do it because of the time it could take. I did, however, attempt it 2 times with solid effort. I think the next time I try I can reach jad but it uses resources I've bought for vorkath. Since I haven't been grinding on slayer tasks my funds have gotten....uncomfortably low so using Sara brews and super restores for a possible blunder after a 1hr time investment with no monetary gain is not too appealing to me. It's certainly on my list in the next few weeks though!

Anyway, now that vorkath doesn't make me quiver (lol) anymore I'm not too sure where to go from here. I'll probly spend the rest of today killing him...maybe get lucky with another head drop. In that case I'd scoop up the 550 slayer points for the helm upgrade tonight and tomorrow!

I guess my goals now are gear upgrades. Doing more content that could make vorkath easier or actually do some money grinding through slayer, farm runs and rune ore mining.

I know this is really long but I have been kinda quite the past couple days i have a lot to say! Didn't play last night and had some irl stuff going on day before yesterday.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:22 pm

50 vorkath kills now! Over 4m in item drops and 3 heads so I can make the slayer helm when I get the points. I know this is all I'm talking about but it's exciting lol.
I put in about 2m for supplies and died 6 or 7 times so I'm still turning a profit. Won't need to resupply for a while. Some more Sara brews and prayer pots but antfire and venom pots are still up. Going to take a break. Snag those slayer points for the helm, grab 92 hp and 87 range while I'm at it!
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:35 pm

Barrage a half task of Abby demons today thanks to rapier! I will do those tasks like that from now on. Tysm!

Spent the day grinding slayer tasks with acquiring that sleek and sexy vorkath slayer helm in mind. Although now I am torn...I received the Abby demon head for the slayer helm today too! A 1/6000 drop. The head is orange and black but the helm is red and black. If the slayer helm would be orange and black...sorry vorkath helm the Abby demon would win hands down. That light blue patter for the slayer helm though bounce

Waited for blue dragons or gargs and finally got gargs as a task. 60 kills in through gg. My average time is 3 minutes so I'll probably just do the slow grind and finish the task with gg. I would like that pet =D
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:50 pm

Over 100 kills in grotesque guardians for my gargoyle task. I enjoy nearly all the battles tbh and I don't think the drops are too garbage considering how easy they are. Now that I can stay upwards of 10 kills compared to the 2 to 3 a month ago I think it's worth it. My loot tab is getting fat, my supplies aren't depleted and the profits are good. So is the experience. Nearing 87 range, 81 defense, 93 health and 88 slayer.

Interesting thing I finally noticed to really speed up the kills (about 20 seconds for me) is that in phase 2 dusk will use blinding light on his 3 attack and 7 attacks after that so no more guessing. Often times I'm lagging ( not noticeably until this particular attack ) and it has slown me down because I have such little time to react. Now I can simply count the attacks and avoid it consistently. I think I'm at a total of 170+ kills now. I like the gg fights =] kinda chill and get 1300 slayer xp in less than 3 minutes consistently.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:25 pm

Smashed out a task of gargoyles at gg. Got one new item for collection log so now I've gotten the hammer and the gloves. Tbh I'm glad it's over with lol. Made a nice chunk of change and one of the good things about gg is they drop prayer pots, Sara brews and cb pots so it reduces the costs. They also drop tuna potatoes so that also helped reduced resources spent. It was a real grind though and honestly im not looking forward to doing it again...but I would really like that pet. Hopefully I get a blue dragon task before another gargoyle task because I'll do the same thing with vorkath. I've got 50 vorkath kills so far but I would like to have a long week worth of playing spending my non afk time running vorkath.

Right now my afk training is based around making me more sustainable for vorkath. Afk nmz after work for a couple hours and my defense lvl is starting to get nice and beefy. Same with my range lvl. Soon my range lvl will be higher than my mage lvl which is 91 and will make hitting vorkath easier I'm sure.

I've been thinking about bandos more and more lately. Yesterday I watched a guide about bandos so I'm thinking about seeing if anyone would want to group up and do some bandos this weekend. That armor would be nice. If anything for some hard cash to upgrade my weapon for vorkath.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:40 pm

Getting close to the vorkath slayer helm upgrade. 801/1000 points right now. Grinding out any tasks I would usually just skip. Not really sure what I want to do my 2 days off now. I watched a toa guide this morning and he had 70 stats so I'm thinking about doing beneath cursed sands and giving toa a shot.
At the same time there are so many other things I want to do now. I've been afk grinding nmz for a few weeks for a few hours each night after work while I finish my routine at home. I'm very pleased with the progress so far.

I really want to go back to vorkath but neive isn't showing me ANY love with a blue dragon task. I also want another gargoyle task to hopefully get some new gg drops....>.>..OR THE PET!  

Nearing 85 defense I'm about happy with it so I might switch to afk nmz Range tonight. Take my blow pipe, locator orb and just smash some xp out because that Range lvl is really getting up there. Over 3m range xp since I started playing again. Super excited to see my pb at vorkath now with all these additional Range levels.

Won't be running short on granite cannonballs for a while lmao! After the task of gargoyles at gg I now have 10.4k granite dust. Did a task of greater demons in less than 20 minutes yesterday. Absolutely loving that Range lvl.

- guthran
   <3
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:14 am

Well I received the blue dragon task tonight! Been at it for a few hours now and having a blast! Up to 89 vorkath kills and im very comfortable fighting him now. So that's what I'll be doing the next couple days. I might finish tomorrow or early Monday. So excited to grind over 100 vorkath kills straight! The drops are far more exciting than grinding a gargoyle task at the grotesque guardians lol! But I'd be happy if that were the next task either way. Possibly get lucky and blue dragon tasks back to back?=D

I had plans to maybe do beneath cursed sands tonight but I think this is for the best anyway. Vorkath is going to help me sharpen my reaction times I think for what lies ahead. Instead of finding the straight path while dodging the fireballs I'm just moving wherever and healing or potting at the same time. From videos I've watched of toa there's going to be a lot of that. In the past 20 kills or so I've only missed the undead spawn once and that's because I didn't see which way he went.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:50 pm

172... 172 blue dragons were my assignment. With vorkath recently unlocked for me I decided to dive head first into the fire...
Many hours were spent...so many of those hours spent with fear inside...

I have returned, ladies and gentlemen, to the surface. Victorious and 100 percent confident in slaying the beast. The last 60 kills could still fill me with uncertainty but the last 20, however, I found a dull ache inside. Then I realized he, vorkath, is nothing. No longer am I hesitant to engage him.

My hunting prowess has reached a new level.
I fought him until it became second nature.
I fought him until I no longer feared death.
I know all his tricks inside and out now.
Through brute force without any interface aid I learned how to slay the beast with ease.

This is what I had hoped for. To come out of the other side of this assignment with this feeling. The feeling that at any time I wish I may hunt the beast and worry not about my ability to do so.

All this said I don't plan on going back any time soon. He is formidable with the gear I have. Fights ranged from 2:21 seconds to almost 7 minutes. My tactics may be solid but my gear and skills heavily discourage me from a task like this again.

I did grind out full void though half way through the task. Useless. Full kharils is far superior. You take too much damage with the meager magic defense void offers. It's something I've never done though, acquire the void armor. I am excited to use it in slayer tasks.

Now I'm exhausted! Last weekend a long grotesque guardian grind and this weekend I reached over 200 vorkath kills. Questing may be a nice break from the intensity of my recent events.

...at the same time though...despite the exhaustion...despite the 12+ hours spent in his lair...he still calls to me...nearing the ability to afford bgs and still having some supplies for the fight....a faint hunger remains. I want those drops. I want to break through into having the gear to REALLY grind him.

- guthran
<3
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:23 pm

Just a quick funny event from this morning. I cashed in my earnings from my weekend at vorkath. Bought a bandos God sword to use against him to lower his defense. Geared up, stood in front of him going over the following sequence of events to come.
Equip sword,
Enable spec,
Poke,
Spam touch until attack,
Equip antifire shield then begin fight as usual.

....landed the first spec, got greedy and received a lethal dose of b2b fire. Hitting me for a 59 and a 45. Was sent to falador to reflect on my blunder.

Returned and fought him twice with the same method only not getting greedy.

Decided to resell bgs and save up for other things.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:26 pm

Ran through 20 vorkath kills last night. I'm so obsessed with this boss lol...clearly. it's been all I've mentioned in the past week.

So it took me 220 kills to realize what's hurting me in the fight. My range lvl. I started killing him at range lvl 88 now I'm 90 range. Last night I noticed that while I'm potted sitting above 97 range I hit him more often then not.

Now my new goal is to crank out these ranged lvls. If I can consistently chunk out time of less than 3 minutes or slightly longer the supplies I take would possibly sustain me for 5 kills per trip.

Right now I'm sitting two slayer tasks away from completing the vorkath helm! Super excited about that and it's been two weeks in the making on the back burner slowly cooking.

Also last night I began my grind on range lvls at nmz. It's not as bad as I thought. Not as good as doing dharoks though because of the lack of defense wearing kharils but I estimate I'm running about 100 -120k xp per hour with blowpipe. I would be happy with 95 range because I think potting at that lvl would really help me slaughter vorkath. Then I'm just going to grind him until my mind goes numb...then grind him some more!
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:18 am

There it is ladies and gentlemen! Toruquise slayer helm! Now with the helm and the assembler I'm lookin fine if I do say so myself!

Mobile warrior Screen15
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:30 pm

My weekend is coming! So many things I want to do ugh! I want to try and farm bandos for some lucky drops, I want to get lucky with another blue dragon slayer task for another weekend at vorkath (20+ mil in drops! =D), want to get fire cape, wanna grind towards 94 slayer for elite void! So many things do to so little time!

Here's the real deal though...tomorrow night (won't be able to really play tonight) I'm going to do a couple slayer tasks. If I get blue dragons it's going to be another weekend spent slaying vorkath. This time I'm going in big with inventory full of restores and sara brews for max kills per trip since I'm really comfortable with him now. If not blue dragons I'm going to test my mettle against bandos to see if I can get lucky.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by B1oodDruid Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:27 am

You've got some serious progress going on. All those vorkath kills have me jealous I won't lie Razz You should absolutely give the firecape a go if you havn't done that yet. It will take your account to another level! Smile
B1oodDruid
B1oodDruid

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:32 am

B1oodDruid wrote:You've got some serious progress going on. All those vorkath kills have me jealous I won't lie Razz You should absolutely give the firecape a go if you havn't done that yet. It will take your account to another level! Smile

Thanks man!

I'm having a blast doing all this pvm that's been there for years while I still played like it was 07! Fire cape is definitely on the list. I tried it a few times with the intent on getting to jad but fell short around was 50. So I really looked into the strategies and next time I'm going to try them.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:03 am

Ladies and gentle...boys and girls!! What....a weekend it's been for me already!

Having reached 87 slayer some time this past week I finally received my first kraken task the day before yesterday. Then last night I received another one. I knocked both of them out immediately and the boss variant is pretty decent money. I think both runs were a total of a hefty few mil.

Huge shout to man vs god, his buddy 193 and tmmw

Man vs God and his buddy took me on my first bandos run and it was epic! We got the tassets in about 30 minutes! Then late last night boo hoo, tmmw and I ran in and scooped up another tasset drop within 30 minutes. TMMW and boo hoo are on a whole nother lvl though. Without a bgs I spec the BP I was using doesn't hit too well and both of them played like God like pvp'rs! Sredding gaarok with vengeance and tmmw with the fang! I did manage to come out on top a few kills and get the tasset drop =D

So I'll probably being bugging everyone in chat because I'm obsessed with bandos atm. All day yesterday I asked about once an hour if anyone wanted to run some bandos lmao!

I got a nex  key drop also. So when I was winding down for the day late last night I looked into what was behind this "frozen door" on the wiki. What I found inspired me so much to keep on trying new things! Nex is nowhere in the near future but I had no idea that's where torva gear dropped.

At the start of my weekend the hunger had kind of died...my goal lately has been a higher range lvl and a fatter bank to get a new cbow to farm vorkath for money to prepare for raiding. Maybe. Yesterday morning changed all of that!

Making a huge stack of coin(huge imo, maybe if lucky made a tassy sized split in a week of slayer with good tasks) has launched me weeks into my longer term goals!

Last night even did some vorkath an I scuffed so many of those kills lol. Good rng though my God! No grapes for me in those 30 minutes he showed me good love!

Anyway, I'm starting the day. Even hungrier than my beginning grind of vorkath!
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:38 pm

Well it seems I would hit general graardor more when I only had 81 attack. I'm now 84 attack and will be 85 tonight.

The past two groups I went with were so scuffed at bandos. It's really fun though to get a solid tank and me and another dps. Especially if we're geared for the part. I'd like to start tanking myself but I need about 15 more mil for the gear. It's really a blast though. I've grouped with some really cool people and made some new friends. I had no expectations going into this but I'm really surprised by the community.

Training hunter is sadly...on the horizon....sote has to be done at some point and some point soon =[

Maybe when I've had my fill with bandos and can wear that slick bandos armor I'll start that uphill battle called...HuNtEr which I really just don't want to do.
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthran Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm

3 hours dry at bandos. Some good laughs though! I've made friends with a guy and we've ran bandos 2 days in a row and plan on it tonight also, solid dude. I'm going to see if he's in a clan tonight.

We ran with God of thunda last night! He tanked for me and my buddy it was awesome! Thunda brought the bulwark and tragedy stuck initially making me have to tank the first kill! All in good fun though. We got to rolling and would have been able to do a solid couple hours if it weren't so late!

After thunda got off me and my buddy found another tank. Super scuffed start! Hilarious lmao!  My serpentine helm wasn't charged so when I did a gear switch outside the boss room I couldn't equip it lolol. Then tank ran in, then me...then my buddy forgot his kc! All in good fun though lol the tank ended up dying!

We all met back up, me with my helm ready, my buddy with his kc and we ran for just over 3 hours! No unique drops though sadly but got the pot up to almost 1.6m.

I've been having so much fun doing this lol.

Anyway I'm still grinding away at attack, sitting at 85 right now and will get 86 tonight before I begin the bandos session!
Guthran
Guthran

Mobile warrior YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next