Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback.

4 posters

Go down

Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback. Empty Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback.

Post by Stephen_Lynx Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:16 pm

First of all, shoutout to nix for carrying me through entry tob. I tried to be a part of this community but it didn't work out for me. I wish nothing from this thread, only to give feedback to be reflected upon. My overall issue was the lack of maturity and toxic positivity that seems to permeate it. I will relate the incident that made me decide on leaving.
Warning, small spoilers for a kingdom divided.
I just did a kingdom divided, where a character has been in a permanent coma for the past 20 years due to a potion that damaged her mind. Then your character along with a NPC decide to kill her off, they decide there is no salvation for this individual and this is no way to live. This is literally euthanasia, "the practice of intentionally ending life to relieve pain and suffering". So I comment on the CC, "jagex actually went and put euthanasia on a child's game. Unless they don't consider osrs to be a child's game anymore". I didn't support or condone it in my comments, I didn't bring up any religious or political aspects, all I said was literally those two sentences.
The response? "Drop it". "Don't even begin to discuss it". That was unsettling to me, this site has "mature" right on the front-page in all caps. But I can't discuss a mature topic that is in the game, right now? I get the no-swearing and no drugs rules because often edgy kids will start behaving as if this is 4chan and we already have 4chan to do that. I get not letting people be overly political because of how fast and often discussions of this kind degenerate. But this? This sent me a message "in this CC all you are allowed to talk about is game mechanics and congratulate people for achievements". Again, I don't want anything from this thread. I don't want rules to change, I don't want people to apologize or decide to change the clan's culture, I have no intentions of joining or participating in it. I just thought that a social and mature community would be able to do something with a mature feedback on it's social aspect.

Have a nice day and goodbye.
Stephen_Lynx
Stephen_Lynx

Back to top Go down

Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback. Empty Re: Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback.

Post by Bob Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:08 pm

Ok. So I have to assume here because I was not online or part of the brief discussion. For the response to be so swift and straight forward has me thinking that this has most likely been brought up before or something has been brought up before that is related. Therefore the mod or whoever said this to you, knew it would lead down a path of people arguing and potentially creating toxicity in the chat. Perhaps if you had lead with more context and approached it slightly more tentatively a mature discussion may have developed.

I very much doubt it was anything personal and just seems preventative to me. I wish you'd stick around but understand if it's not for you and hope you find a happy home elsewhere if you're sticking to leaving! Good-luck and happy leveling. Smile
Bob
Bob

Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback. Empty Re: Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback.

Post by ladybird2 Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 am

On a personal note I have to say, as someone who has cared for and enjoyed this cc for 6 years I am somewhat relieved.
I dont want to start any sort of personal attack, but in general some people arrive, take a while to 'fit' and in the meantime cause potential disruption ( its a fine line). Euthansia is not a lighthearted topic, we have no idea of the daily life struggles that some people are dealing with, a lot play for a break in their circumstances. The last 2 years have been very challenging. Ok so connected to a quest was the context, but still not something for focus and discussion ( and I was there) and it was taken care of, and I did pm another mod, because its not an isolated incident, where failing to read your 'audience' results in drama and disruption.
If this clan was less mature some of the topics would have escalated and probably ( under the drama rule)this outcome would have been resolved differently, hence my relief. You dont suit us , and we dont suit you, I respect that.
We purposely dont string up a list of topics or trigger words or trolls would have an instant way to disrupt ( I do not think you are a troll) I did see you pursue one of your topics even when several people asked you to move on, me included.
I was pleased to see you being helped by Nix and thought it may be the start of you settling in. WE/you have to remember we are global and government corruption in some countries does not equate to everyones experience, you may recall that being shut down too.
When there are such runescape goodies on offer as nex and now leagues, and maxing and people helping each other, this is not the place for those discussions, any more than some illness like cancer and aids ( used more widely in other contexts) are appropriate, because, it is a mature and supportive clan, people have real life issues, some share, for some its kept personal, and we have to try to see the bigger picture. Sometimes the chat moves so fast, I have to scroll back, so its not like we sit in silence because nothing bonds us together. It is also an open clan and regardless of the fact that some people are in their 20's and 30's we cant be sure who is visiting at any given time, some of the most 'mature ' may even have children playing, so we bear that in mind too.
Its not perfect, but its somewhere I like to be in this toxic world and a lot of people have stuck around too over the years for that very reason.
Enjoy your runescape journey and I hope you find a clan you can call home.
ladybird2

Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback. NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:25 pm

ladybird2 wrote:On a personal note I have to say, as someone who has cared for and enjoyed this cc for 6 years I am somewhat relieved.
I dont want to start any sort of personal attack, but in general some people arrive, take a while to 'fit' and in the meantime cause potential  disruption ( its a fine line). Euthansia is not a lighthearted topic, we have no idea of the daily life struggles that some people are dealing with, a lot play for a break in their  circumstances. The last 2 years have been very challenging. Ok  so connected to a quest was the context, but still not something for  focus and discussion ( and I was there) and it was taken care of, and I did pm another mod, because its not an isolated  incident, where failing to read your 'audience' results in drama  and  disruption.
If this clan was less mature some of the topics would have escalated and probably  ( under the  drama rule)this outcome would have  been resolved differently, hence my relief. You dont suit us , and we dont  suit you, I respect that.
We purposely dont string up a list of topics or trigger words or trolls  would have  an instant way to disrupt ( I do  not think you are a troll) I did see you pursue one of your topics  even when several people asked you to move on, me included.
I was pleased to see you being helped by Nix and thought it may be the start of you settling in. WE/you have to remember we are  global and government corruption in some countries does not equate to everyones  experience, you may recall that being shut down too.
When there are such runescape goodies on offer  as nex and now leagues, and maxing and people helping each other, this is not the place for those discussions, any more than some illness  like cancer and aids ( used more  widely in other contexts) are appropriate, because, it is a mature and supportive clan, people have real life issues, some share, for some its kept personal, and we have to try to see the bigger picture. Sometimes the  chat moves so fast, I have  to scroll back, so its  not like we sit in silence because nothing bonds us together. It is also an open clan and regardless of the fact that some people  are in their 20's and 30's we  cant be sure who is visiting at any given time, some of the most 'mature ' may even have children playing, so we bear that in mind too.
Its not perfect, but its somewhere I like to be  in this toxic world and a lot of people have  stuck around  too over the years for that very reason.
Enjoy your runescape  journey and I hope you find a clan you can call home.

Ah wasn't aware the incident wasn't isolated when I responded here. Well looks like it'll work out for parties then. Life goes on!
Bob
Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:37 pm

you gave a nice measured response, and I'm glad you did. What you said represents how fair we try to be, some of what goes on is noted behind the scenes, and we try to give everyone a fair chance and show support, so thanks
ladybird2

Nix is a bro, but I will be leaving. This is my feedback. NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Makemoola Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:00 pm

never knew who you were but i wish the best on your future endeavors
Makemoola
Makemoola

Back to top Go down