Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours

5 posters

Go down

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours Empty Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours

Post by TFR Fail Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:20 pm

I don't know about you, but I am kind of getting sick of the amount of people that come in to the cc and flame and belittle others. Usually during the times of 8pm EST and 1AM EST, people join the chat and openly ridicule and troll other players. If anyone can either:
a. Be available for those times to moderate the chat to prevent this (existing mods)
OR
b. Nominate a new moderator(s) that could moderate the chat during this time so that the clan chat doesn't keep losing members during the evening hours.

Thanks,
TFR Fail.
TFR Fail
TFR Fail

Back to top Go down

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours Empty Re: Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours

Post by Greybird Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:33 pm

Hey @TFR Fail,
I'm aware of the problems we're having during the off hours and the team is working on getting them sorted as quick as possible. I know it's frustrating so I'll straighten a few things out for you here.

a) The only person who can dictate the playtime of our moderators is them. Our chat mods don't receive any compensation for their time input into moderating such a large chat (there is more work than people realize). They didn't ask for this responsibility, they are simply OSRS Players who want to spend their time in a mature environment and are happy to trade their free time to keep the peace as best they can.

b) This is something we've been actively doing since the take-over, and something we will continue to do as necessary. Six new Jr. Moderators have joined the team in the last month, five of them are off-peak players (8-9pm+ est till the Brits start waking up at ~2am est is what I consider our off-peak time). You have to understand that throwing more moderators at the problem will not magically solve it. There will always be blind spots, people afking or doing something that doesn't allow them to keep track of the chat, and trolls will always use this to their advantage.

Remember, anyone can take screenshots of any trolling or abuse and send them to me via offsite PM. Logging in and ban-hammering bad guys is the highlight of my day.

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours IIyCd

BA

Back to top Go down

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours Empty Re: Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours

Post by runtellthat4 Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:41 am

I will make every effort to be on those hrs..Times i have been on we havnt had trolls as last week at times Grey,Agi and myself we on those hrs....there is such a small window when this is happening and of course when no ranks one it makes sense that our trolls have someone in chat
runtellthat4

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:03 am

its bad news, and good that non ranks are prepared to try to deal with it, and support the ethics of the clan. I'm sad to hear that a couple of people left, as they obviously have the sort of values we are trying to establish. I hope when this is resolved that they give us a second try, and that those who don't deserve a decent clan are encouraged to leave. I think there are a few people that are a bit borderline, and agree with RunTell that to disrupt at times when there are less/no ranks to protect the clan does suggest it is maybe alts. or friends of clannies given a chance to enter and be childish or worse.
ladybird2

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:45 am

Ah no wonder I never see it I am working 2nd shift always gone 5ish pm to 3am Eastern time M-F. I'll support all I can when I am available. Hopefully Run and others who are on at that time can spot some excellent players qualified and interesting in maintaining the excellence of our clan chat. Grey you're the man! I see your "S" under your shirt peeking out. Giddyup all! <---superman reference for whomever needs the splain-ing to.
Fe Faerie

Toxicity and Trolling in Clan Chat During Off-Hours YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down