Introducing myself. New Player: AdSpeed

3 posters

Go down

Introducing myself.  New Player: AdSpeed Empty Introducing myself. New Player: AdSpeed

Post by AdSpeed Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:17 pm

Hi there.  I'm AdSpeed (also my RSN).

The name AdSpeed is from a 3rd party CPU that was available for Amiga computers in the early 90s.  It upgraded the MHz of the Amiga from 7 to around 14 MHz.  I was an old Amiga fanboy and ran a BBS when I was a kid.

I got this clan info from Reddit, looks great and I joined the Discord.

I'm older, in my 40s, and I live on the west coast so Pacific ( GMT -8 ) time - nights and weekends.  I've been gaming my whole life (PC, Commodore Amiga, Consoles), and have been playing MMORPGs since Ultima Online in college (1997).  I've been members of (and led a few) high level raiding guilds in various modern MMOs, and I tend to lean towards RPG single player games when I play my PS5 or Steam Deck these days.  These days I prefer to follow rather than lead.  I have more time than some to game, but less time than many - I work two jobs and have a family and demanding Corgi.  So OSRS is a bit meditative and relaxing for me, at least until I get to more attention-required PVM.

I play OSRS on PC+Runelite and on my iPad sometimes in bed at night.

I have a little bit of experience playing RS3 during covid but I never did anything beyond low-level quests and exploration. Oh, and I spent a lot of time jumping into a hole on the beach during an event.  Bizarre!

OSRS became more appealing to me due to the community and population, so I decided to give it a real go, so even though I have a basic familiarity with the game, you can all consider me brand new because I've forgotten most of it.

Im currently using runelite's optimal quest guide and just doing low level combat training at the moment.

Looking forward to meeting people and making some friends.
AdSpeed
AdSpeed

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself.  New Player: AdSpeed Empty Re: Introducing myself. New Player: AdSpeed

Post by rackroll Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:28 pm

Welcome AdSpeed! That's a great origin for a username! I know exactly what you mean about the jumping in a hole on the beach thing with RS3, I've also only played it a bit but I definitely did that as well lol.

This is a great place for a newish player, lots of experience and advice going around. The optimal quest guide is a great route to go, that's what I personally used for most of my quests as well. Still working on it, but down to like 17 quests myself.

See you around! Smile
rackroll
rackroll

Introducing myself.  New Player: AdSpeed YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself.  New Player: AdSpeed Empty Re: Introducing myself. New Player: AdSpeed

Post by Musicked Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:59 pm

Welcome AdSpeed! I'm sure you'll ove it here <3 See you aroud ingame Very Happy

Cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Musicked
Musicked

Introducing myself.  New Player: AdSpeed YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down