Introducing myself.

5 posters

Go down

Introducing myself. Empty Introducing myself.

Post by illegalchan Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:35 pm

Hello Fellow Humans,

Not really the best at introductions. I'm a 24 year old man who spends most of his time on osrs. The time I spend on runescape is distributed between slayer, bossing, and CoX. I don't go into the wildy at all, in fact, mage arena 2 made me so anxious it made me woozy. I'm pretty much a textbook pvm casual. The only other game I play of my own free will right now is Rimworld, of which I'm 700 hours deep. That's pretty much all I can come up with right now, so yeah. I hope I get to know some of you and maybe even do some content.
illegalchan
illegalchan

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself. Empty Re: Introducing myself.

Post by Tinnitus Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 pm

Hey man,

Welcome to the clan and offsite! 

I haven't played any of Rimworld myself, but many of my IRL buddies do and have been trying to get me to for ages. 700 hours is a fair amount of hours - how do you like it, and do you think it'd be worth the investment?

MA2 definitely is nerve wrecking. I'd be down to help you out and *attempt* to ward off any pkers when you are killing the bosses, only if you're interested of course. A fair warning, I'm a pretty bad pker Razz

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you in game. Not sure if you have already, but we do have a discord server you can check out if that's your thing.

Cheers!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Introducing myself. 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by illegalchan Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:17 am

Oh, I've already completed MA2, but thanks for the offer. On the topic of Rimworld, it's a HUUUUGE timesuck. Some related games are dwarf fortress, Prison architect, and Oxygen not included. So on the off chance that you played and enjoyed any of those, you'll probably like Rimworld. It's easy to play both afk when I'm doing something else, or actively when I'm afking osrs. Not to mention it's modding community, it's enormous. This probably comes off as a shill, but holy crap I love this game.
illegalchan
illegalchan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:34 am

illegalchan wrote:Oh, I've already completed MA2, but thanks for the offer.  On the topic of Rimworld, it's a HUUUUGE timesuck.  Some related games are dwarf fortress, Prison architect, and Oxygen not included. So on the off chance that you played and enjoyed any of those, you'll probably like Rimworld.  It's easy to play both afk when I'm doing something else, or actively when I'm afking osrs. Not to mention it's modding community, it's enormous. This probably comes off as a shill, but holy crap I love this game.

Ahhh, gotcha. Not sure how I misread that so hard -- I really should bust out the reading glasses after hours  FeelsOkayMan

Thanks for the info. I'll keep looking into it. Doing lots of skilling on my main right now, so it's always nice to have something to do on the side!

Welcome again my man!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Introducing myself. 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:37 am

Howdy there. Have yet to try any Rimworld, but I'm a massive Dwarf Fortress fan. Heard nothing but good things about RW, so I suppose I owe it to myself to give it a shot at some point. Not sure I have the attention span to manage DF and Runescape concurrently, but if you're already well-established in your current save then I guess I can see it being a good time sink. Although, the game performs notoriously poorly once you've gotten things built up. As a result, I often don't have anything else running at all Laughing Still, it's an idea.

Looking forward to seeing you around. Even if your name makes me suspicious.

Introducing myself. NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stinger Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:40 am

Hi'ya Chan, welcome to the offsite!

I'm always down to bossing, what are a few of your favourites to do besides CoX?

~zul
Stinger

Introducing myself. IIyCd

Lil Ashihama

Back to top Go down

Post by illegalchan Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:26 am

I don't have a ton of kc on bosses, but the ones I've enjoyed the most are Zilyana, Corp, Barrows, and zulrah. I'm pretty much rushing only slayer right now to unlock more of the bosses linked to the skill.
illegalchan
illegalchan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:43 am

Hi illegalchan,
I've heard of Rimworld but have never played it. Other than RuneScape, I've spent a lot of time on Skyrim. I probably have as many (or more) hours in Skyrim as you do in Rimworld. It's neat how people find games they enjoy that much. Cool

I'm fairly new to the clan but in the time I've been here I've found everyone to be friendly and helpful. It's a great clan to be part of. Welcome. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Introducing myself. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down