Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.

4 posters

Go down

Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.  Empty Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.

Post by nn44ss Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:37 pm

Greetings,

I’ve been a member of OSRS advice for several years and could use some advice because i’m not sure what to do.

I tried to log in yesterday and got met with a temp ban message. I was flagged for botting according to the ban message. I do not use any botting software or third party clients outside of Runelite. I stick to the approved plug-ins.

The only modification I use to play is having Shift/Escape remapped to my mouse keys (assuming this is fine but now starting to wonder)?

I appealed through official channels and was denied with an accompanying message that my account was being tracked and confirmed using botting software? Jagex provided no proof in the message. I’m thoroughly confused and angry.

It’s just a temp 1 day ban, but not knowing how/what I was flagged for has me not wanting to log back in. I can’t get any form of human customer support to get any answers.. so i’m stuck.

There is really no point for me to continue building/playing this game/account if I can be hit with false bans and potential permanent account closure without being able to work with any kind of Jagex support.

Any advice is appreciated on where to go from here. Love the game and this community but this has been a pretty big turn off.
nn44ss
nn44ss

Back to top Go down

Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.  Empty Re: Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.

Post by Syllabic Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:19 pm

Hey Rush, really sorry to hear about this. I don't have any experience with temp bans myself, but I know at least a couple people in CC have run into the same problem, either for supposed use of disallowed plugins, or "bot busting". Obviously it's their word against Jagex's, and we can't know with 100% certainty whether they were being truthful or not, but I feel like we have a pretty trustworthy group on the whole, so I'd say you're probably in good company at the very least.

I'd be pretty surprised if your mousekey setup was what got your account flagged, as it sounds like your actions are still 1/1. I'm not aware of Jagex changing their policy on that recently. Is there anything else you can think of that might seem suspicious? I know people have gotten similarly flagged for doing loads of post-99 thieving at elves (though lord knows why anyone would bot on an account with SOTE prereqs done Rolling Eyes)

Honestly, for the time being I'd just keep trying to appeal. If they've denied it outright and aren't allowing you another one, I'd first make absolutely sure that you didn't do anything wrong, and then see if you can make enough noise on social media for a real person to take another look at your case. Twitter, Reddit, whatever.

Wishing you the best of luck with this, cuz I'd also be super cagey about continuing on that account if I were in the same spot.

Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.  NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.  Empty Re: Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.

Post by nn44ss Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:06 pm

Hey Syll,

Nothing out of the ordinary. I added some new plug-ins recently that are all approved and very widely used. The only two things I would have any suspicion about is the previously mentioned mouse binds and I added the Runelite plugin that extends your logout timer which I was surprised was aloud.

I was trying to not go the social media route even though I’ve seen it have moderate success for some people. Having that be the most effective route to get an actual person to review a case is so frustrating.

I’ll be removing the logout timer plugin just in case it could have caused something to trip.

nn44ss
nn44ss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:25 pm

None of these things listed get people temp banned. These plugins are used by thousands every day over and over. Remapping keys that stay 1:1 doesn't do anything either. Same situation thousands of people have click remapped to a key for ardy knights and it doesnt flag anything.

Unfortunately like Syll said you can keep trying to appeal but the most realistic scenario is accepting the 1 day ban and moving on with the account or if it really is too much for you starting another account I suppose. But I can pretty much promise you that none of those things you listed will get you banned.
Bob
Bob

Falsely temp banned. Scared going forward. Need advice.  YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:12 pm

nn44ss wrote:Greetings,

I’ve been a member of OSRS advice for several years and could use some advice because i’m not sure what to do.

I tried to log in yesterday and got met with a temp ban message. I was flagged for botting according to the ban message. I do not use any botting software or third party clients outside of Runelite. I stick to the approved plug-ins.

The only modification I use to play is having Shift/Escape remapped to my mouse keys (assuming this is fine but now starting to wonder)?

I appealed through official channels and was denied with an accompanying message that my account was being tracked and confirmed using botting software? Jagex provided no proof in the message. I’m thoroughly confused and angry.

It’s just a temp 1 day ban, but not knowing how/what I was flagged for has me not wanting to log back in. I can’t get any form of human customer support to get any answers.. so i’m stuck

There is really no point for me to continue building/playing this game/account if I can be hit with false bans and potential permanent account closure without being able to work with any kind of Jagex support.

Any advice is appreciated on where to go from here. Love the game and this community but this has been a pretty big turn off.

I made a new osrs account recently but it got false banned for macroing after 3 days. Permanent. Appeal denied. Waste of a bond. Was using runelite so I have no idea what triggered it (no I didn't use an autoclicker).

I'm afraid to make another new osrs account

The most recent activity on the account was agility at gnome/draynor followed by sandcrabs. What were you last doing in game on the account @nn44ss
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down