5 characters required!

+3
Musicked
Alexander
Panda Cat
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5 characters required!  Empty 5 characters required!

Post by Panda Cat Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:52 pm

I'll keep it mean, keep it lean, keep it clean... Enjoi.

I was introduced to this clan by Ravi Flux in-game. We met cooking at Hosidius. That's what my Avatar and Forum Signature are based off of by the in-game screenshots taken of the scenery. We were reminiscing RuneScape. Something that doesn't happen often or maybe it happens so often, people are just tired of going through the same conversations over and over. But we managed to share a few good laughs. They brought up the clan and out of curiosity I searched for it.

I think when I first played RuneScape 3, as I was hunting for clans in the same manner. Word of mouth. Google searching. Forum digging. I might've found OSRS Advice at least once. The website banner looks familiar to me for some reason. It being familiar and then having someone mention it to me and even willing to see if I could get in; I found a reason to invite myself into the community as a guest.

A guest because I am part of another community, they're RuneScape 3 based. I quit RuneScape 3, but they allowed me to stay as a member of the clan regardless. And I don't want to hide any facts from anybody about multi-clanning. I figured I would come clean up front.

My stats in-game are: Combat Lvl 66.75 (LOL)
45 Attack | 59 Hitpoints | 62 Mining
42 Strength | 55 Agility | 51 Smithing
56 Defence | 30 Herblore | 73 Fishing
67 Ranged | 25 Thieving | 80 Cooking
45 Prayer | 81 Crafting | 50 Firemaking
62 Magic | 99 Fletching | 98 Woodcutting
45 Runecrafting | 48 Slayer | 38 Farming
8 Construction | 11 Hunter |
Total Lvl: 1230

At the time of writing this, that's what they are. I'm aware you can probably search me up on Rune Lite or official hi-scores. But here they are in the flesh for anyone wondering what I'm about.

Goals for the account. Simply to become a Main at some point in time. I wanted to stick close to being the lowest combat level that I can be with 99 Ranged, HP, and Defence. 70+ Prayer & Magic. And less than 50 Attack & Strength. The pros would call this a Ranged Tank. But these are my dream stats since the day I started playing Runescape. So instead of maxing out to 126, I'm going after something incredibly specific to what I want out of the game. Which isn't a lot. I want to be someone who can farm Zulrah all day & enjoy some Skilling without being forced to do it like an Iron man. (Which I also have speaking of which).

Iron man: Ample Mammal
Discontinued play but will eventually go back.

That just about wraps up everything for Runescape.

Graphic Designers. Look no further. I am one too.
I made my avatar 200x200. Original file size was 78.7Kb. The forum editor didn't allow me to upload it so I went on: optimizilla to compress the image down to a smaller file size (for free), they managed to get it down to 23Kbs instead (-71% file size), allowing me to upload it to the forum editor of my profile. Then for the forum signature, I started with a project file with the dimensions of 500x500 as a canvas to work within first. Then created a new layer consisting of these dimensions: 500x150 painted black. Created a border in white that was about 4 pixels in thickness. Took a print screen of Runescape zoomed out at the Hosidius range using 117 HD Graphics from Rune Lite. Resized using MS Paint. Used Gimp 2.10 for everything else. Added "Kumaneko" text, duplicated 3 times, each beneath the other by 5-6 pixels in height, and then a decreased opacity going down like 45% each. Giving it a 3D effect. Using a filter that's part of Gimp called "Solid Noise" to create a cloudy backdrop, made it transparent as an overlay, giving the runescape image a cloudy effect. Moved my Username to the bottom left corner and called it a day. Centered using the forum editor and uploaded to Imgur.

:D
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

5 characters required!  Empty Re: 5 characters required!

Post by Alexander Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:15 pm

Howdy Panda Cat,

First of all, very thorough intro! I am actually impressed. Smile

I would like to welcome you to OSRS Advice. I wish you the best of luck with your Ranged Tank build. That sounds really fun!

See you around. Smile

Alexander
Alexander
Alexander

5 characters required!  YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:53 pm

That’s an amazing intro, Panda Cat. Makes me want to post a short post to keep it all clean! Welcome to the clan, i’m sure you’ll love it here Like a Star @ heaven
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:46 pm

Alexander wrote:Howdy Panda Cat,

First of all, very thorough intro! I am actually impressed. :)

I would like to welcome you to OSRS Advice. I wish you the best of luck with your Ranged Tank build. That sounds really fun!

See you around. :)

Alexander

It had to be done! I wanted to come in with a bang! That I did!! Nice to meet you Alex, thank you for the welcome
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Non-Sensical wrote:That’s an amazing intro, Panda Cat. Makes me want to post a short post to keep it all clean! Welcome to the clan, i’m sure you’ll love it here :star:

Thank you for posting Nonsense! :D I would be a liar if I said I wasn't refreshing the page for replies! Thank you for the welcome!
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:34 am

Panda Cat wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:That’s an amazing intro, Panda Cat. Makes me want to post a short post to keep it all clean! Welcome to the clan, i’m sure you’ll love it here Like a Star @ heaven

Thank you for posting Nonsense! Very Happy I would be a liar if I said I wasn't refreshing the page for replies! Thank you for the welcome!
Very relatable hahaha. I love forums like these, they feel a bit more old school, just like the game we play. It has a charm that beats things like Discord for me.

See ya ingame and hopefully here too!!
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:51 pm

Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:That’s an amazing intro, Panda Cat. Makes me want to post a short post to keep it all clean! Welcome to the clan, i’m sure you’ll love it here Like a Star @ heaven

Thank you for posting Nonsense! Very Happy I would be a liar if I said I wasn't refreshing the page for replies! Thank you for the welcome!
Very relatable hahaha. I love forums like these, they feel a bit more old school, just like the game we play. It has a charm that beats things like Discord for me.

I agree with that. These forums do have a charm to it. I would use Discord more, but it's hard for me to keep up with all the conversations, since I can't respond right away to each conversation.

I'm more of a fourmer because of my involvement in the official RuneScape forums. Smile
Alexander
Alexander

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:07 pm

Alexander wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:

I agree with that. These forums do have a charm to it. I would use Discord more, but it's hard for me to keep up with all the conversations, since I can't respond right away to each conversation.

I'm more of a fourmer because of my involvement in the official RuneScape forums. Smile
Yesss! It's nice to know there are some clan mates who like this style of conversing with each other^^ IT's something you can go back to and keep up with in a bit of a slower pace. I wish more clan mates would be active regularly here, but we're already with a cool group of users who are here right now! And the fact that people keep joining and introducing themselves is very nice <3
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down

Post by B1oodDruid Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:29 am

Welcome to the clan Non-Sensical, reminiscing has brough a few of us back I imagine! This game is hard to get away from even after 20+ years Very Happy I hope your tank build keeps progressing along smoothly. I know you said you plan on doing some Zulrah with it but do you have any other plans with it or your discontinued iron?? lol!
B1oodDruid
B1oodDruid

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:03 am

B1oodDruid wrote:Welcome to the clan Non-Sensical, reminiscing has brough a few of us back I imagine! This game is hard to get away from even after 20+ years Very Happy I hope your tank build keeps progressing along smoothly. I know you said you plan on doing some Zulrah with it but do you have any other plans with it or your discontinued iron?? lol!
Hahah I think you meant Panda Cat, but I’m also pretty new so thank you✨😆
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down

Post by lilhob Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:46 am

Hey Panda Cat!

I really enjoyed ready that - there have been some good intro's lately! I am not a graphic designer but I liked that you wrote the last piece in terms i could keep up with XD

Goodluck with the range tank! I hated range for a long time but I finally feel like I can appreciate it now, I can see the appeal.

See you in game!! Smile
lilhob
lilhob

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:58 pm

Non-Sensical wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:That’s an amazing intro, Panda Cat. Makes me want to post a short post to keep it all clean! Welcome to the clan, i’m sure you’ll love it here :star:

Thank you for posting Nonsense! :D I would be a liar if I said I wasn't refreshing the page for replies! Thank you for the welcome!

I'm more of a fourmer because of my involvement in the official RuneScape forums. :)
Yesss! It's nice to know there are some clan mates who like this style of conversing with each other^^ IT's something you can go back to and keep up with in a bit of a slower pace. I wish more clan mates would be active regularly here, but we're already with a cool group of users who are here right now! And the fact that people keep joining and introducing themselves is very nice <3

Forums are the best. I make a long thread full of information, preview, fix it up some more, post, and let it sit for like a week and then come back to it only to see it blow up. My only problem is multi-quoting ain't workin' for some reason. But other than that, I thrive off seeing replies eventually and I go to the extra mile to reply to everything! And BB codes work, even better! Some forum sites do an image cap or no bbcodes :C but this forum works the best so far
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:02 pm

B1oodDruid wrote:Welcome to the clan Non-Sensical, reminiscing has brough a few of us back I imagine! This game is hard to get away from even after 20+ years :D I hope your tank build keeps progressing along smoothly. I know you said you plan on doing some Zulrah with it but do you have any other plans with it or your discontinued iron?? :lol!:

If I learn anything from playing going forward, I've been a skiller like all of most of my runescape career, regarding PvM, then maybe like training slayer for cash, or killing monsters for the experience is what I would do with the account apart from eventually getting everything that I can to 99 except for combat skills.

I can't think of anything else I would do otherwise. Maybe all the new events they keep adding to the game I can get to try them out and enjoy the other crap that can be done besides the regular stuff like fighting monsters, questing, skilling, and PvP. Which I hate pvp like crazy. Used to be fun when i was younger but nowadays everyone is just too great at it. I get woopy cushioned in a blink of an eye. :c

Whatever I do on the rank tank, will be mimic'd on the iron man too. Just afraid of Slayer between both accounts. They send me to the wilderness with a 50-100 kill count of something, that's like asking me to never do the task at all or skip it entirely. Meh.
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:07 pm

Alexander wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:

I'm more of a fourmer because of my involvement in the official RuneScape forums. :)

I felt that. Discord is like Reddit but faster. You can see when the person is typing, like a phone app for instant messaging. And then with all the different channels that exist, just a little bit hectic. When I first played Runescape, we used Teamspeak, which was basically the same thing, but a little easier to deal with in my opinion. And all the conversations you get notified of, even more hectic. I wish it was a little bit slower than it is, but that'd be asking too much.

Forums are slower paced and no one is indefinitely expecting a reply. It could be 24 hours, a few days, a week or a month before you see something. But I get the most joy coming to my profile after like 4-5 days with notifications that are new, and then going in to read everything, excitement overload. No one HAS to post a reply but when they do it feels good. Hard work paid off. It shows!! plus you can get a little bit more creative on the forums. I've seen people create masterpieces with a couple of images and like a table of contents worth of content too. At the tippy top of creativity. 100% For The Win!!
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:16 pm

lilhob wrote:Hey Panda Cat!

I really enjoyed ready that - there have been some good intro's lately! I am not a graphic designer but I liked that you wrote the last piece in terms i could keep up with XD

Goodluck with the range tank! I hated range for a long time but I finally feel like I can appreciate it now, I can see the appeal.

See you in game!! :)

:D it was a meme of words for my artsy self. I thought maybe someone with curiosity would find it interesting to know how something was made. It's pretty easy when the software that you use does all the hardwork for you with just a few clicks, you hardly have to be knowledgeable of anything to get it done, and that's where I come in!

But when I was a lot younger I used to poop out forum signatures like a madmen, for free of course too, my motto was; if I can do it, so could you!" certainly that was true! Never mind tutorials and all that too but just clicking stuff to see what it does, goes a mile!

Thank you for the good luck! I hate range too. Range and Def ironically. Dislike both of them with a passion and sadly, gonna be the only way I train the both of them T.T
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:56 pm

Panda Cat wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:

Forums are the best. I make a long thread full of information, preview, fix it up some more, post, and let it sit for like a week and then come back to it only to see it blow up. My only problem is multi-quoting ain't workin' for some reason. But other than that, I thrive off seeing replies eventually and I go to the extra mile to reply to everything! And BB codes work, even better! Some forum sites do an image cap or no bbcodes :C but this forum works the best so far
Yessss forums are the best! Multiquoting doesn’t work for me either, but I guess that means a little boost for your post count if you don’t visit regularly. I’ve started to live here now, so I must actively wait for something to reply to in a worthwhile manner hahaha. BB codes are the best, it’s something I’m very familiar with, so this forum feels like home.

You inspired me to make my own signature too, btw! Haven’t made one in a while, but I think it looks pretty slick ;p
Musicked
Musicked

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:08 pm

Awesome Intro Panda Cat! Very thought out and explained!

Glad to see you picked OSRS Advice as your new community!

I'm not a Graphics designer but I do run a Jeti Tauro H2500 led at work, I do some work with setting up art files. We print anything from alum/plastic signs to vinyl to carpets to banners.

Glad to have you on board! Yet again! Great job on the intro !
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

Back to top Go down

Post by Makemoola Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:37 pm

always good to have new people Smile welcome stay away from the iron memes jk jk but if u need help feel free to ask any question Smile we are friendly and helpful

side note : ur intro is impressive haha
Makemoola
Makemoola

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:17 pm

Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Alexander wrote:
Non-Sensical wrote:
Panda Cat wrote:

Yessss forums are the best! Multiquoting doesn’t work for me either, but I guess that means a little boost for your post count if you don’t visit regularly. I’ve started to live here now, so I must actively wait for something to reply to in a worthwhile manner hahaha. BB codes are the best, it’s something I’m very familiar with, so this forum feels like home.

You inspired me to make my own signature too, btw! Haven’t made one in a while, but I think it looks pretty slick ;p

I was going to say... I saw no forum signature for your account and then suddenly you have one! I was like Huhhhh? Just refreshed the page the next day and pop! Looks nice :D! I would almost ask you to make me one too ;D ;D
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Cat Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:19 pm

Makemoola wrote:always good to have new people :) welcome stay away from the iron memes jk jk but if u need help feel free to ask any question :) we are friendly and helpful

side note : ur intro is impressive haha

I'll obey your warning and stay away from the iron memes! I must retain my 1 defense streak. Well in this case... 57. <.< but whose counting anyways! 1 defense 20 defense 30 defense 57 defense and 99 defense. They're all the same number!
Panda Cat
Panda Cat

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next