Howdy!

5 posters

Go down

Howdy! Empty Howdy!

Post by illegitimate Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Howdy,
My name is Jim aka illegitimate and I have played OSRS on and and (mostly) off since release. I was a very active RS3 player during my breaks from OSRS though so I am very familiar with RuneScape in general, just not so much the Old School side. I am now giving OSRS another shot and have been looking for a beginner-friendly community that predominantly revolves around social and skilling playstyles, with perhaps some casual PvM on occasion. After much consideration OSRS Advice seems to be that clan for me. Right now my short-term goals are 99 Fletching, Firemaking and Thieving. My long-term goals are 99 Slayer, Farming and achieving a Quest Cape. As I'm essentially a "returning player" I'm going to be looking for lots of advice and tips and tricks to accomplish my goals. I have been making great use of the Wiki as well as YT guides but sometimes nothing can beat talking directly to an experienced player! I will link my stats below.
Howdy! HZVwoA3

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Jim king
illegitimate
illegitimate

Back to top Go down

Howdy! Empty Re: Howdy!

Post by Tinnitus Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Hey Jim,

Welcome to the clan and offsite! Glad to hear you're giving OSRS another shot. I personally haven't put in much time into RS3, but if I ever get burnt out on OSRS or complete most of my goals, trying out ironman mode on RS3 is definitely something I've considered. 

Lots of questions are asked daily in the cc, and lots of helpful responses tend to follow =p. I tend to be a wiki user myself, but you can never replace getting a second opinion from someone else. So definitely do not be afraid to ask anything in chat, that's what the clan chat is for! =)

We also have a discord server that's pretty popular. If that's your thing, definitely check it out!

Looking forward to seeing you in game. Best of luck on your goals!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Howdy! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:20 pm

Hey Jim, welcome to the offsite. Nice to have you back on Old School. Sounds like we should be a pretty good fit for you.

Got a pretty nicely built account already. Those 99 grinds should be pretty easily attainable, considering you're already so far along with them. Good stuff to work toward in the long-term as well, Slayer especially. Best of luck, and perhaps I'll catch you around at Wintertodt at some point (unless you're one of those nuts that likes to burn logs in a line Suspect)

Anyway, happy to have you. Hopefully you find the chat helpful.

Howdy! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Hi Jim,
Like you, I've been playing RuneScape for quite a while - off and on since 2006 for me and continuing when it transitioned into RS3/EOC though I no longer actively play. I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile though not frequently until the past few months.

Good luck on your short and long term goals as well as achieving the quest cape.

I'm fairly new to the clan but in the time I've been here, everyone has been friendly and helpful. There are all types of people in the clan from those that enjoy skilling to PvM to bossing with many knowledgeable people. The clan is very active and social. Welcome to the clan. Smile

Spiritika
Spiritika

Howdy! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by CelticArrows Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Hey there,

Welcome to the clan and good luck on these goal
CelticArrows
CelticArrows

Back to top Go down