twobviku
COCOMARBELLA
Pesky
8 posters

Go down

What's up o/ Empty What's up o/

Post by Pesky Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:03 am

Hi all

I'm Pesky, or Pesky PvM in-game if you see me in the cc. Probably the classic case of a returning player back for the nostalgia of 07, started around 2006 originally and then stopped playing as all the changes started coming in. Came back for OSRS launch temporarily but then life took over.

Thought I'd join this clan on my return a couple weeks back as a nice re-introduction to the game, seems like there's loads of cool people to hang / talk to and inevitably ask a bunch of bruh moment questions as it's been long enough to have forgotten 90% of what I knew back then...

Other fun facts outside of RS: I'm UK based, my day-job is a UX Design consultant, and I've played an MMO called Dofus for the past few years for those of you who may have heard of it. Maxed out there pretty much so wanted something new but with that nostalgic feel.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone in here better and making a contribution - not sure how much advice I can offer right now, other than if you want to know the best way to slay cows in Lumbridge hmu, but hopefully that'll change in the future...

Thanks!

P
Pesky
Pesky

Back to top Go down

What's up o/ Empty Re: What's up o/

Post by COCOMARBELLA Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:58 am

Hey Pesky!

Welcome back to OSRS! Smile glad to have you back in the game!

Will be great to see you get back into the game re-learn everything like I did as a returning player.

defo feel free to chat in the cc and come and say hi if you see us in game! Smile

COCOMARBELLA

What's up o/ OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by twobviku Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:33 am

Welcome Pesky!

I see you and I started for the same reasons, though I started about a year back! Very Happy And like you I joined this CC because I knew I was going to have several questions! This CC is the perfect place as we have so many knowledgeable and friendly people hanging out here every single day!

I'm sure you will enjoy your time here!

Viku
twobviku
twobviku

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:26 am

Hi Pesky! Like you, I started playing RuneScape in 2006. I played RS2/RS3/EOC for years but didn't start playing OSRS until around the time it was released on mobile. Like you, I'm enjoying the nostalgia of 07. It's been fun re-learning things as well as being introduced to new content. It's great seeing long time players returning to the game and still enjoying it. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

What's up o/ YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Hey Pesky,

Welcome to the clan bud, and welcome back to OSRS!

I was pretty much in the same boat as you. Started playing RS back then, took a break after EOC, came back a few times, etc etc, but I believe I am back for good =)

I look forward to learning more about you and your runescape goals! If you are interested, you could always create a thread under the Goals and Achievements section of the forums to share your achievements!

We also do have a discord server - not sure if you are into that kind of thing, but it's a great way to chat with people.

Looking forward to seeing you in game bud!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

What's up o/ 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:23 pm

Welcome Pesky! I also started RS in 2006, although it took me until 2018 to actually start an OSRS account, I continued to play RS3 throughout all the changes, and boy there were loads of changes throughout the years!
Playing osrs has definitely given me that nostalgic feel although sometimes it feels like a completely different game.

Hopefully catch you in game or in clan chat Very Happy
Avallan
Avallan

What's up o/ YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:41 am

Hey Pesky, good to meet you. Hopefully you're enjoying your time back with OSRS. Feel free to ask whatever questions you may need to. We've all been in your spot at one point or another, so you'll find that people here are pretty much always very willing to help.

Dofus is French, right? I've heard of it, but that's really the extent of my knowledge. I know it spawned Wakfu, which was like a sort of spinoff or sequel or whatever. But I don't know anything about that either, haha. Older MMOs like that interest me quite a bit tbh. Ultima Online specifically comes to mind. Never actually played it myself, but the (at the time) unique mechanics and intense collective nostalgia for that game make it really appealing to me.

Here's hoping you enjoy the clan as much as I do Smile Can definitely vouch for Tinnitus' Discord recommendation if you're interested in getting to know people better. It's very popular, and for good reason. A bit more of a casual atmosphere when compared to the CC in-game, and it's absolutely invaluable for coordinating events and group activities. We've got an excellent advice channel as well. A lot of the time it's easier to use that than to wade through all the replies you'll inevitably get in clan chat, haha.

Hope to see you in-game soon.

P.S. Your picture gives me the creeps, and I can't really explain why.

What's up o/ NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:17 am

Pesky wrote:Hi all

I'm Pesky, or Pesky PvM in-game if you see me in the cc. Probably the classic case of a returning player back for the nostalgia of 07, started around 2006 originally and then stopped playing as all the changes started coming in. Came back for OSRS launch temporarily but then life took over.

Thought I'd join this clan on my return a couple weeks back as a nice re-introduction to the game, seems like there's loads of cool people to hang / talk to and inevitably ask a bunch of bruh moment questions as it's been long enough to have forgotten 90% of what I knew back then...

Other fun facts outside of RS: I'm UK based, my day-job is a UX Design consultant, and I've played an MMO called Dofus for the past few years for those of you who may have heard of it. Maxed out there pretty much so wanted something new but with that nostalgic feel.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone in here better and making a contribution - not sure how much advice I can offer right now, other than if you want to know the best way to slay cows in Lumbridge hmu, but hopefully that'll change in the future...

Thanks!

P

Hey Pesky, welcome back to the game and a warm welcome to OSRS Advice!

Looks like you've already had a fantastic welcome but I did really want to ask what a UX Design consultant is? I have to admit that I've never come across that title before so I'd love to hear more about what you do!

Also, I spy another UK member of the clan - if you're up for it, to go into your profile here on the offsite and select the British flag to represent our beautifully interesting (especially at the moment) country haha Very Happy

I can't speak highly enough of this cc - you'll make some awesome friends and have a wealth of support available as you progress through your adventures! Looking forward to chatting more in-game, until then take care and stay safe bud!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

What's up o/ YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pesky Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:20 am

Thanks all for the warm welcome, didn't expect such a nice response! I'm in the Disc so hopefully will catch you guys in there Very Happy
Pesky
Pesky

Back to top Go down

Post by Pesky Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:24 am

Syllabic wrote:Hey Pesky, good to meet you. Hopefully you're enjoying your time back with OSRS. Feel free to ask whatever questions you may need to. We've all been in your spot at one point or another, so you'll find that people here are pretty much always very willing to help.

Dofus is French, right? I've heard of it, but that's really the extent of my knowledge. I know it spawned Wakfu, which was like a sort of spinoff or sequel or whatever. But I don't know anything about that either, haha. Older MMOs like that interest me quite a bit tbh. Ultima Online specifically comes to mind. Never actually played it myself, but the (at the time) unique mechanics and intense collective nostalgia for that game make it really appealing to me.

Here's hoping you enjoy the clan as much as I do Smile  Can definitely vouch for Tinnitus' Discord recommendation if you're interested in getting to know people better. It's very popular, and for good reason. A bit more of a casual atmosphere when compared to the CC in-game, and it's absolutely invaluable for coordinating events and group activities. We've got an excellent advice channel as well. A lot of the time it's easier to use that than to wade through all the replies you'll inevitably get in clan chat, haha.

Hope to see you in-game soon.

P.S. Your picture gives me the creeps, and I can't really explain why.

Thanks Sylla! Yeah it's a French game, has a small but tight-knit international community too so a few people from CA too actually. Hah Thanos Griffin is giving a few people the creeps, an update could be pending Laughing
Pesky
Pesky

Back to top Go down

Post by Pesky Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:28 am

This Land wrote:

Hey Pesky, welcome back to the game and a warm welcome to OSRS Advice!

Looks like you've already had a fantastic welcome but I did really want to ask what a UX Design consultant is? I have to admit that I've never come across that title before so I'd love to hear more about what you do!

Also, I spy another UK member of the clan - if you're up for it, to go into your profile here on the offsite and select the British flag to represent our beautifully interesting (especially at the moment) country haha Very Happy

I can't speak highly enough of this cc - you'll make some awesome friends and have a wealth of support available as you progress through your adventures! Looking forward to chatting more in-game, until then take care and stay safe bud!

Best,
Mitch

Thanks Mitch Smile so I mainly work on user experience of websites. I will go in and perform an audit of a websites usability and design and work on testing this with users, then re-design aspects of it and re-test it. Basically, a glorified web designer and researcher hah.

Nice to see another UK face here and thanks again for the warm welcome Smile
Pesky
Pesky

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:36 am

Pesky wrote: Thanks Mitch Smile so I mainly work on user experience of websites. I will go in and perform an audit of a websites usability and design and work on testing this with users, then re-design aspects of it and re-test it. Basically, a glorified web designer and researcher hah.

Nice to see another UK face here and thanks again for the warm welcome Smile

I just edited the quote so let's see if it works, if not then sorry for the messy reply lol.

Sounds like really interesting work! Sounds a little bit like consultancy work too then in a way? I wouldn't call it glorified it sounds like an awesome job role to have, bet it's really interesting getting to look at loads of different website designs and their functionality etc...

Definitely lovely to see more UK representation Very Happy I see you've got the offsite flag sorted too so yay haha, I love representing our flag on here because there aren't 'too' many of us anyway!

Hopefully chat to you more in-game or on the discord buddy, take care until then!
This Land
This Land

What's up o/ YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down