Introduction: Eqcile

4 posters

Go down

Introduction: Eqcile Empty Introduction: Eqcile

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:03 pm

Hey all,

I've been in the clan chat for a few days now and I'd like to say the chat is extremely welcoming. Any questions that I've asked have been answered and I've been made to feel welcome, it's nice to see that a complete casual noob like myself can ask for guidance, so thanks to you all!

So, my name is Rob but I go by Eqcile in-game. I've been glued to a computer screen from birth and some of my fondest memories are of Unreal Tournament, Doom, Command and Conquer, Warcraft 1, 2 & 3, Age of Empires, World of Warcraft and of course RS (now OSRS). The list really could be endless, TLDR; I'm a nerd.

I'm a graphic & web designer by profession but when I have free time I of course like to sit in front of the computer even more to listen to music and play some games. Yes, my eyes are definitely square.

Even though I've logged into this game every couple of months for years, I still don't know a huge lot about it, so here I am... I'm looking forward to gaining further insight into the game.

Thanks for reading.

-Eqcile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Introduction: Eqcile Empty Re: Introduction: Eqcile

Post by This Land Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:16 am

Hey Rob and welcome to the clan Smile

First off, I have to say that it put a big smile on my face seeing that you've already selected your flag for the offsite and... hurrah... we have another Brit joining us haha. Really nice to hear that you've had all your questions answered in the clan chat so far and that has only added to what I hope has been an overall positive experience for you in-game and in the cc!

Glued to a computer screen from birth = that's my kind of motto Razz I'm a massive fan of the Doom series and dabbled in Age of Empires also but I never really got into WoW because I was firmly an RS nerd hehe. How long have you been a graphic and web designer for? Did it take a college course to get there or did you just start learning on your own and slowly get to where you are now in the industry? Would love to see some of your work, if you were willing to show it, of course...!

Make sure you ask away in the cc for anything you're unsure about, there really is no such thing as a stupid or dumb question here (so long as they're in-line with cc rules of course haha). Realised that you've spent a lot of time saying you're a nerd and I feel the same about myself so I have to ask... Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings? Very Happy

PM is always on if you need anything mate so never hesitate to pop me a message with a question or just a hey Smile Until then, take care, stay safe and enjoy your game time! Chat to you in the cc soon!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Introduction: Eqcile YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:19 am

Hey Rob/Eqcile! I'm just now learning that I'm an idiot. Read your name like 5 times without realizing that it's supposed to be pronounced "exile"...

Very happy to hear you've been liking the CC so far. We've all been in your position at one point or another (self-professed 'casual noob'), so it's the least we can do to try and help you along a little bit Smile

I don't have much experience with most of the games you listed, if I'm honest. I think I'm just slightly too young for most of them to have been relevant when I was growing up (WoW excepted, of course). I was pretty big into Age of Empires, however. II and III, at least. Those are still the gold standard for RTS games as far as I'm concerned. I wish they'd give them a bit more love nowadays, rather than just releasing remastered versions.

Hopefully I'll catch you in clan chat soon. Feel free to have a look at our Discord server as well (in case you haven't already), if that's something that interests you. Got all the info on our various events on there, and lots of knowledgeable folks willing to help if you need it FeelsOkayMan

Introduction: Eqcile NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:03 am

Hi Eqcile! Like you I've logged into RuneScape for years - since 2006 for me but sometimes off and on, though I'm fairly new to OSRS.

You seem to have a wide range of games you've enjoyed in addition to RuneScape! I've never tried any of those games outside of a couple of days during a free trial for WoW. Beside RuneScape, I've played quite a bit of Skyrim and dabbled in Elder Scrolls Online.

It's great to see long time players like you logging in and still enjoying the game. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Hey Mitch!

Nice to meet you my man, glad I'm boosting up the numbers for the Brits, haha.

This Land wrote:How long have you been a graphic and web designer for? Did it take a college course to get there or did you just start learning on your own and slowly get to where you are now in the industry? Would love to see some of your work, if you were willing to show it, of course...!

I've been a graphic designer for around 7 years now although I've always been tied to a company since leaving uni. If you're interested in learning I'd really recommend having something that you'd really want to design and honestly YouTube it, there are so many useful resources over there.

This Land wrote:Realised that you've spent a lot of time saying you're a nerd and I feel the same about myself so I have to ask... Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings? Very Happy

I am most definitely a fan of Lord of the Rings! Essential nerd material!

This Land wrote:PM is always on if you need anything mate so never hesitate to pop me a message with a question or just a hey Smile Until then, take care, stay safe and enjoy your game time! Chat to you in the cc soon!

Thanks my dude, I'll be sure to pick your brains from time to time.

-Eqcile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:29 pm

Hey Syllabic!

Syllabic wrote:Hey Rob/Eqcile! I'm just now learning that I'm an idiot. Read your name like 5 times without realizing that it's supposed to be pronounced "exile"...

Haha! Well you know what the say... lucky number 6! (I guess? Laughing)

Syllabic wrote: I don't have much experience with most of the games you listed, if I'm honest. I think I'm just slightly too young for most of them to have been relevant when I was growing up (WoW excepted, of course). I was pretty big into Age of Empires, however. II and III, at least. Those are still the gold standard for RTS games as far as I'm concerned. I wish they'd give them a bit more love nowadays, rather than just releasing remastered versions.

Well, this made me feel EXTREMELY old. I always loved AoE 1, I think they are/have remastered the AoE series so I'd definitely look that up!

Syllabic wrote: Hopefully I'll catch you in clan chat soon. Feel free to have a look at our Discord server as well (in case you haven't already), if that's something that interests you. Got all the info on our various events on there, and lots of knowledgeable folks willing to help if you need it FeelsOkayMan

Thanks for the warm welcome mate, will hopefully chat to you in-game soon!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:34 pm

Hey Spiritika!

Spiritika wrote:Hi Eqcile! Like you I've logged into RuneScape for years - since 2006 for me but sometimes off and on, though I'm fairly new to OSRS.

It's actually a completely different game to me now than it was when I was younger. I actually have an understanding of things instead of begging for gp hahaha.

Spiritika wrote:You seem to have a wide range of games you've enjoyed in addition to RuneScape! I've never tried any of those games outside of a couple of days during a free trial for WoW. Beside RuneScape, I've played quite a bit of Skyrim and dabbled in Elder Scrolls Online.

I would definitely recommend WoW (even if you hit level cap once), it's such a great game for social immersion - although this is an extreme contender right now as I haven't used a forum for around 10 years haha, but I am definitely welcoming it. Skyrim is a solid game! I can't believe how old it is now...

Spiritika wrote:It's great to see long time players like you logging in and still enjoying the game. Smile

Likewise, Spiritika! Will hopefully see you in-game soon. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Eqcile wrote:I would definitely recommend WoW (even if you hit level cap once), it's such a great game for social immersion - although this is an extreme contender right now as I haven't used a forum for around 10 years haha, but I am definitely welcoming it. Skyrim is a solid game! I can't believe how old it is now...

If I were to go for a WoW-type game, it would probably be Elder Scrolls Online (which I've only dabbled in so far) because the lore ties in directly to Skyrim which is my favorite single person game. To be an 9 year old game, Skyrim sure has held up well, though I'm sure a large part of that is the modding community. It was interesting having my ESO character (who is an ancestor of my Skyrim character) visit the area where my Skyrim character lived before traveling to Skyrim. I'm enough of a nerd that I roleplay in Skyrim and have carried that over into ESO and more recently Oblivion. Cool I love how the lore spans all the Elder Scrolls games. Likewise, with RuneScape I love the lore and the quests. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Double post. Edit to the second one to delete comments.

Last edited by Spiritika on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 am

Hi Rob,

Welcome to the offsite and clan mate! I played a bit of WoW a few years ago when some IRL buddies convinced me to play it. I remember playing as a Demon Hunter class. I got a really OP helmet (type orange) for the demon hunter that would do huge amounts of AOE damage in crowds, and I nicknamed it the "meme beam" Razz

I've seen you around in the chat a few times, and you seem like a chill dude. Looking forward to learning more about you!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Introduction: Eqcile 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:53 am

Eqcile wrote:Hey Mitch!

Nice to meet you my man, glad I'm boosting up the numbers for the Brits, haha.

This Land wrote:How long have you been a graphic and web designer for? Did it take a college course to get there or did you just start learning on your own and slowly get to where you are now in the industry? Would love to see some of your work, if you were willing to show it, of course...!

I've been a graphic designer for around 7 years now although I've always been tied to a company since leaving uni. If you're interested in learning I'd really recommend having something that you'd really want to design and honestly YouTube it, there are so many useful resources over there.

This Land wrote:Realised that you've spent a lot of time saying you're a nerd and I feel the same about myself so I have to ask... Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings? Very Happy

I am most definitely a fan of Lord of the Rings! Essential nerd material!

This Land wrote:PM is always on if you need anything mate so never hesitate to pop me a message with a question or just a hey Smile Until then, take care, stay safe and enjoy your game time! Chat to you in the cc soon!

Thanks my dude, I'll be sure to pick your brains from time to time.

-Eqcile

So great to see a reply from you too in return! I have to say... I have absolutely no idea how you separate the quotes so eloquently to respond to different sections haha, I end up just hitting 'Quote' and adding in a massive wall of text so it looks like you're more comfortable using the offsite already than I am Razz Razz

Sounds like you're really experienced with it all then which is awesome. AND you're a Lord of the Rings fan which is even more awesome! Can't wait to chat more about it in-game and yes, please do pick my brain if you ever need to Smile

Take it easy bud!
This Land
This Land

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:40 am

Tinnitus wrote:Hi Rob,

Welcome to the offsite and clan mate! I played a bit of WoW a few years ago when some IRL buddies convinced me to play it. I remember playing as a Demon Hunter class. I got a really OP helmet (type orange) for the demon hunter that would do huge amounts of AOE damage in crowds, and I nicknamed it the "meme beam" Razz

I've seen you around in the chat a few times, and you seem like a chill dude. Looking forward to learning more about you!

Hi Tinnitus!

Ah it IS always better to play with a bunch of friends. That class is crazy good, still!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I shall no doubt see you in-game!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down