Allow me to introduce myself!

5 posters

Go down

Allow me to introduce myself! Empty Allow me to introduce myself!

Post by Viccx Sun May 24, 2020 11:15 pm

Hey how's it going!

My name is Viccx, or Anthony.

I've been playing Runescape on and off since I was in 8th grade (2005ish), so I've been around for a while lol. My RS3 account is near max, but I grew tired of RS3 and decided to work on my OSRS account. I found that OSRS is much more rewarding and I enjoy it way more than RS3. My account on OSRS isn't maxed or near it but I'm currently 101 combat, firecape, barrows gloves etc. Working on getting 85 in all my combat stats right now through slayer.

I love bossing, PVM is my favorite content in this game (I can't stand skilling, so kudo's to you people who can do it!). My favorite bosses to hit are Armadyl and Bandos. I haven't had the opportunity to hit the new ones on OSRS due to low combat stats but I look forward to learning all of it with you guys!

My personal life. I'm 29 years old. I served in the United States Marine Corps for 8 years and currently serve as a US Army Recruiter. I love my job and love helping change peoples lives. I love riding downhill mountain bikes and competing in Jiu Jitsu.

Please feel free to hit me up and get to know me a little more!
Viccx
Viccx

Back to top Go down

Allow me to introduce myself! Empty Re: Allow me to introduce myself!

Post by Kanagawa Sun May 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Welcome Anthony.

Happy to have you in the cc. How did you end up finding out about OSRS Advice?

I see that you said PvM is what has your heart. We have a few weekly events that are PvM Based aswell. Info on those can be found on the Discord server. There is usually a pretty large group of people that are very active in the cc that are really into group bossing.I feel like I'm always hearing about them getting amazing loot from a GWD Trip, Corp Trip, or even Raids! I'm sure that they would be happy to have you along on those trips!

Personally I tend to gravitate to the skilling side of the game (Level 3 Skiller BTW), as I got very bored with PvM on my old main account. That being said, If you ever want advice on various skilling methods/efficient training, feel free to shoot me a PM. Smile

Looking forward to chatting in game. See ya around!

Last edited by Kanagawa on Sun May 24, 2020 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling :))

Allow me to introduce myself! NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon May 25, 2020 1:25 am

Hey Anthony, nice to meet you. I never found myself able to get into RS3, personally. A lot of the content (quests especially!) is super cool, and I honestly don't mind how they tried to rework combat, but the pay to win aspect really puts me off. I've heard it's great if you're an ironman though, because you're pretty well insulated from all that.

I've personally not done a ton of God Wars (done Zammy and Bandos a bit), but I'm interested in getting a bit more involved with those bosses. Haven't done any Arma or Sara, so those are first on my list. I am a pretty big Corp fan, however. Would be willing to do some of that if you're keen, once you get the required gear/stats  FeelsOkayMan We've also got various ongoing mass PVM events that should be useful for getting you back into the swing of things. I see you've already joined, so feel free to check out #events on Discord for more info. And yeah, as Kana said, the PVMers in the clan are always looking for more people to tag along. Doubt you'll have much trouble finding groups when the time comes!

Thank you for your service, by the way. Got lots veterans/active military in the CC. You're in good company!

Hope you enjoy the clan chat. Looking forward to seeing you around Smile

Allow me to introduce myself! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 am

Hey Anthony and welcome to the clan Smile

I see you've already had a super warm welcome from Syllabic and Kanagawa so I won't waffle on too much haha I just want to wish you all the best with your current goal of hitting 85 in all combat stats (enjoy the slayer) and anything you have planned after!

I try not to be bias at all but after playing both games I would definitely have to agree that OSRS seems to be a lot more rewarding, I think the way skilling became too easy in RS3 took away the real 'grind' that was needed and loved about Runescape Smile

A very warm welcome to you again sir! My PM is always on if you need anything so feel free to add me and send a message my way if you have a question or just want to say hey! Until then, take care and stay safe - happy gaming! Very Happy Very Happy

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Allow me to introduce myself! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Mon May 25, 2020 12:41 pm

Hi Anthony! Like you, I've been playing RuneScape for awhile. I started in 2006 and continued through the transition to RS3, which I played for years. Also like you, I was near max in RS3 - for me all 99s except for Invention (which is 50) and the new Archaeology skill (which is 1). I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile. I enjoy the nostalgia as well as the simplicity. I think you're right in that it's rewarding in a way RS3 isn't.

I'm quite the opposite of you when it comes to content as I prefer skilling over combat. You've seem to accomplished quite a bit on your account as far as levels and gear. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Allow me to introduce myself! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down