+2
This Land
Katavaria
6 posters

Go down

My Introduction Empty My Introduction

Post by Katavaria Wed May 13, 2020 4:10 am

Hello, my name is Kat or Katavaria,

I started playing Runescape in 2005 and have played the game on and off since then. Currently I am playing a lot more after finding a love for the game once again along with the community involved in it. I discovered the clan through the forums as I'm sure a lot of you have as well. A few things about me are I'm a web developer that makes gaming fansites much like this one I'm posting on. Currently I'm making two for this game as well as one for League of Legends. They are not currently online as they are in the making. I won't list them ever anyways because I do not wish to take from any other community or use any other platform for any advertisement of my own personal gain. Instead I'll talk to you about some of my favorite skills in the game. I believe my favorite skill happens to be mining. I like the ability to afk while watching movies and videos.

A little about me. I enjoy gaming and cinematography. I also really enjoy technology, specifically that in computers. I grew up in a small town and moved around a lot so friends have always been hard to come by. I have not attended college so I am a self taught web developer, however managed to make out a name for myself doing my own small little gigs here and there. I appreciate kindness and I'm very much into psychology as well as all the other liberal arts. I'm not a fan of political things and will not discuss them as this is not the place for that. As far as my beliefs I am spiritual and believe in walking a path that brings myself to happiness. I'm hoping that I can make good friends with some if not all of you and I'd very much value your time in getting to know and grow with you.

Thank you for reading this post and I wish you all a lovely and fantastic day/night! Happy 'scaping!

- Katavaria
Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down

My Introduction Empty Re: My Introduction

Post by This Land Wed May 13, 2020 6:06 am

Hey Kat and welcome officially to the clan and offsite!

Pretty sure I've seen you around for a while now so good to see you making an introduction post. Was really lovely reading your introduction, you've got a really awesome job it sounds like a lot of fun having the opportunity to work on projects like that! Even more impressive that you're completely self-taught having not attended college or university, I feel like in today's age people often feel forced to attend further education to progress to where they want to be but it's very refreshing to see you've made it without needing to go down that route!

RE: Mining as your favorite skill - absolutely love to see this, especially as it's a different opinion to many. I'm also a little bit outside of the box with one of my favorite skills (Agility) so good to see as I also enjoy the afk / watching movie element of training a skill it's super relaxing.

Have you built your own computer having said it's one of your hobbies? If so, share the specs! Very Happy

Here's the link for our discord if you're interested in joining in on the fun that goes on there: https://discord.gg/osrsadvice

All that's left for me to say is another warm welcome! PM is always on in-game if you need anything so don't hesitate to pop me a message anytime. Until them, stay safe, take care and I look forward to chatting more soon!

Best,
Mitch-
This Land
This Land

My Introduction YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Katavaria Wed May 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it! It is a blessing to be able to work on projects for sure. Even more so that I am able to do this without having to go through years of classes. Of course I still sort of do that because I got to keep up to date with things going on.

Agility huh? That is one I don't hear too often at all, but I could see how it is your favorite skill. Especially with the addition of rooftop agility courses. Something about seeing that end course experience drop is just satisfying.

I have built computers before, yes. Currently I just use a laptop at the moment though. Hoping to build one with this spec list as I see it is doable for me. The laptop is an Asus Zenbook Pro

Ryzen 9 3900x: Could go with higher thread and core count, but it's not really needed too much for what I'm doing. I'm not editing 4k footage like some others out there are.

Graphics card: RTX 2080 Super from MSI: Not too far off a ti and for the buck to performance it seems to be a pretty solid card.

RAM: 64gb Trident Neo 3600 from G.Skill: Never had a problem with G.Skill in the past for RAM so I trust the company and the ram kits they make have pleasing aesthetics.

Motherboard: MSI Prestige X570 Creation. I was thinking either this or like a ROG motherboard from Asus. I'm not sure quite yet. I had some rough patches with MSI on motherboards before, but I never like to totally throw out a company completely for a few minor things.

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL (Either in White or Silver): I'm not too much of a fan of crazy lines on computers that scream out gaming. I like sleek modern style that can fit in an office building and not draw too much attention. Of course I still like to look at the build as anyone. This case is easy to build in and has the design that appeals to me.

Fans: Fans for me are always from Corsair or Noctua. Either of those brands depending on the build are my go to.

Power supply: Either a Corsair power supply or a EVGA power supply with at least gold certification.

Cable kit: Cable mod kit either in white or silver color to match the specifications of the power supply to bring better appeal to the build. I don't care for the default cables. They look at bit clunky to me. Although cable kits are pretty expensive just for some cables, running at like 100usd, I still feel it is worth it.

CPU Cooler: Either Corsair Hydro series or a DEEPCOOL aio (all in one). I haven't decided quite yet what I would like for this particular build.

Peripherals: Logitech G915 Wireless along with a G903 mouse from Logitech.

Monitor: AW3418DW 34" ultrawide from Alienware. I don't see the need quite yet to upgrade to their newer model even though it has some slight graphical changes in coloration quality. Usually Alienware is known for some crazy designs that wouldn't normally appeal to me, but their monitor line has quite a good look and monitors from Dell typically are some of the best panels on the market. Unfortunately I can't say the same for their prebuilts and the other things.

Once again, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. My PM is also always open if you ever need anything. Same as the username on here and everything. Looking forward to chatting with you more soon!

Best,

-Katavaria

Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed May 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Katavaria wrote:Hello, my name is Kat or Katavaria,

I started playing Runescape in 2005 and have played the game on and off since then. Currently I am playing a lot more after finding a love for the game once again along with the community involved in it. I discovered the clan through the forums as I'm sure a lot of you have as well. A few things about me are I'm a web developer that makes gaming fansites much like this one I'm posting on. Currently I'm making two for this game as well as one for League of Legends. They are not currently online as they are in the making. I won't list them ever anyways because I do not wish to take from any other community or use any other platform for any advertisement of my own personal gain. Instead I'll talk to you about some of my favorite skills in the game. I believe my favorite skill happens to be mining. I like the ability to afk while watching movies and videos.

- Katavaria

Hi Kat! I'm new to this clan and, like you, discovered it through the forums. I started playing RuneScape in 2006, so not long after you started playing. Also, like you, I've been playing off and on throughout the years. It's great seeing people still enjoying the game!

Happy adventuring! Smile

You mentioned mining. I did a lot of mining back in the day and spent many hours in the Fally mining guild as I'm sure you did too if you've been playing since 2005. My favorite skill is fishing because I find it relaxing, similar to how you enjoy mining because it gives you the opportunity to mine while multi-tasking.
Spiritika
Spiritika

My Introduction YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Katavaria Wed May 13, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi Spiritika! That's pretty awesome. Glad to see you made your return back to the game and that you're enjoying it once again! 2006? Not too far off at all! That was probably one of the best years the game and community has ever seen. Along with it being one of the most memorable years as well.

Oh yes, mining is quite lovely to me. Fishing is quite a good skill as well surely. I could see that being one of my favorites as well because of the same multi-tasking aspect it brings.
Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down

Post by sunkists Wed May 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Hello and welcome to the clan. You'll have to settle for Katavaria or Kata, we already have a Kat in the clan. Razz

I love to do afkable skills like fishing and mining too. I like my gameplay to be more relaxing. Hope to see you around. Pepo Heart
sunkists

My Introduction 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Katavaria Wed May 13, 2020 9:22 pm

Ahah, that's quite alright. Razz Thank you. Appreciate the welcome.

I hope to see you around as well. Have yourself a wonderful day! Happy Pepo
Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Fri May 15, 2020 2:35 am

Hey Katavaria. Sorry for the slightly late response here. Lots going on here on the offsite lately. Feels like it's getting easier and easier to miss stuff.

I didn't clue in to who you were until I checked your name on my friends list. This is your old account, right? https://www.osrsadvice.com/u2856 Nice to see you back!

Credit where's it due, super cool that you taught yourself web design! I'd love to do something similar myself, although I've never really felt as if I had the aptitude. I doubt feel like I'd be able to teach myself that sort of thing, anyway. Classes are probably a must in my case, haha.

I don't think there's anybody around here that will fault you for not being into political debate and such. It  has its place, but definitely not in the CC. Way too many strong opinions for that to ever end up anywhere pleasant, I think.

Just FYI, I'm pretty dang jealous of your Mining cape. It's certainly not my favourite skill, nor even my favourite cape, but it's just so dang tedious that I know I'm probably never going to get there. Would love to rush 99 just to get it out of the way, but I very much doubt I possess the necessary willpower Razz

On to the PC build, that setup would absolutely blow mine out of the water, haha. I'm running the following (I think? Just listing from memory here):

Processor: Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: MSI RTX 2070

RAM: 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 (cheaped out on the RAM more than I should have!)

Motherboard: ASUS Prime x570-Pro

Case: I...honestly don't remember. I just know that it sucks and I hate it. Don't buy cheap cases, people!

PSU: EVGA BQ Bronze 600w, or something. I dunno. Couldn't be bothered to go after something fancy. Works fine so far.

Peripherals: My keyboard is a Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Brown switches. Mouse is a standard wired Logitech G502. Nothing fancy, but they're both solid.

Monitor: I have an MSI Optix MAG321CQR 32". I'm very happy with it so far, but I'd really like a second monitor just for Discord and stuff. Kind of annoying having to tab out all the time.

But yeah, nothing super special. Gets the job done just fine though, and should last me for a few years. Would have liked to go a little overboard on some of the components, but money was a little tight when started my build. Plus I'm in Canada, so everything is ludicrously expensive. Oh well.

Anyway, again, good to have you back. I'll be catching you around in-game plenty, I'm sure.

My Introduction NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Marowana Fri May 15, 2020 11:35 am

Hey there!

Awesome history on runescape!! I started in late 2006 after a friend got me into the game and I was hooked lol. I play a bit of League/Overwatch and pretty much all steam games hahaha..

Currently trying to build my account toward PvM Bossing/Raids whilst on the pandemic lock-down...

Hope 2 see you around!!

Good luck

Maro
Marowana
Marowana

Back to top Go down

Post by Katavaria Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 pm

Those are pretty good computer specs! Also thank you. Yes that is my old account. It's good to be back. Took a long break and everything. That mining grind strained me along with the fishing grind the way I did it. Was the same thing for like 3 months straight for both of those.

Also I like your monitor. Never had MSI for a monitor. I been looking at the Prestidge monitor and it looks really good. Thinking I may eventually have to get that!

You'll be sure to see me around. Smile Hope to also see you around as well.
Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down

Post by Katavaria Fri May 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Thank you!

Yeah the pandemic has got me spending a lot more time on my account that I otherwise would. But, in time it will all go back to normal.

2006 is a good year. Probably one of the better ones for sure. My most memorable one by far along with 2007 and 2010.

I wish you luck in your pvm goals! Hope to see you around as well!
Katavaria
Katavaria

Back to top Go down