Chegolas
Greyne
9 posters

Go down

Greyne here, nice to meet you Empty Greyne here, nice to meet you

Post by Greyne Wed 25 Aug - 15:35

Hello, my name is Greyne.

Some background:
I started playing RS back in 2004 or 2005. A bunch of real life friends played, and honestly, my best memories of the game were from then. In late 2006 I got lured and lost most of my bank, and I was so devastated that I quit and started playing WoW. (I played the tail end of vanilla, TBC and WOTLK heavily, then played off and on. The last time I played a lot and did mythic raiding was Legion. I'm pretty much done with Blizzard these days, though). I didn't touch RS again until a friend told me about DarkScape. I got sucked in to that, and when it ended (RIP), I played RS3 for a bit, but was pretty turned off by all of the MTX, the crazy fashionscape, and just how much content was in the game nowadays - it felt overwhelming. I knew about OSRS, but I wasn't interested in starting over again after all those years of progress. I took some more time off, until the same friend that got me into DS convinced me to play OSRS with him.

Fast forward to now. I've played off and on for a few years, have gotten a QPC (need night at the theatre to get it back), 101 cb, ~1750 total, all mediums and some hard diaries done. I've never really had a social group in this game since the glory days of '06, so I thought I'd look for a clan to join. Y'all were the top post in the forums, and after joining as a guest, you seem like fun and nice people. I'm mostly looking for a social group, but am also interested in getting my feet wet in group PvM as my stats get high enough. I really enjoyed raiding in WoW, and have never really tried high end PvM in RS.

IRL I'm in my late 20s, married, with two cats. I work from home as a software developer and have lots of time to afk on a second monitor during the day. The mature aspect of the clan is quite appealing to me.

Anyway, nice to meet you! I am interested in joining. Let me know if you have any questions!
Greyne
Greyne

Back to top Go down

Greyne here, nice to meet you Empty Re: Greyne here, nice to meet you

Post by Chegolas Wed 25 Aug - 15:40

Great introduction! It's so fun/dangerous that you have a friend who keeps pulling you back in. Hopefully you'll find many more here Very Happy
Chegolas
Chegolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennirous Wed 25 Aug - 16:29

Very nice to meet you Greyne!

I too have been playing RS since 06'. I agree with you, that it was difficult for me as well to start over when 0SRS came out. I am so glad that it did come out, because I could not stand RS3. It felt overwhelming to me too with all the cosmetics and how easy it was to level up skills. I just did not receive the same proud feeling getting a 99 in RS3 compared to RS 06'.

When you feel like afking let me know! I've been afk fishing anglers for the past week (hunting for the heron) Very Happy
Jennirous
Jennirous

Greyne here, nice to meet you YP5zkAJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by bobert Wed 25 Aug - 22:06

Love that your reasoning to come back is so similar, also have so much time in between computer support work. Also similar stats and trying to get gud for 99 slayer and high level PVM. Nice to meet ya
bobert
bobert

Back to top Go down

Post by Tao Flow Thu 26 Aug - 13:55

Welcome Greyne! Welcome to Advice and solid progress on the new account. Perhaps you'll get around to that high level OSRS PVM eventually Razz

Cheers!
-Tao Pepo Heart

Greyne here, nice to meet you U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Lost Vegeta Fri 27 Aug - 5:58

It's awesome to meet you, and I love the introduction lol. As many people have said before me: You never truly leave this game, you just go AFK. Also you're in a clan with a whole bunch of computer science nerds (me included!). So my question for you is... What's your favorite language?
Lost Vegeta
Lost Vegeta

Back to top Go down

Post by EvanK-Hell Fri 27 Aug - 7:03

Welcome to the clan and off site Smile
EvanK-Hell
EvanK-Hell

Greyne here, nice to meet you YP5zkAJ

Zamorak

Back to top Go down

Post by RifleTactics Sun 12 Sep - 5:12

Welcome, Greyne! Good to have you in here. I started playing OSRS during the winter, took a break for a few months, and am now fully back into it! I think I'll stick with it, great game, great clan. See you in CC! Smile
RifleTactics
RifleTactics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Sep - 22:21

Welcome Greyne! I myself started when you did, quit and also started playing WoW, it's full-circle! Razz

You mentioned that you haven't found a social group, well rest assured you came to the right place. Looking forward to seeing you in the CC! Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Riolu Mon 13 Sep - 23:56

Welcome to the clan and offsite Greyne! That's pretty awesome you're also an old player as well. I've also been playing a pretty long time too. Hope to see you around soon :p
Riolu
Riolu

Back to top Go down