starting a skiller acc any tips? :)

2 posters

Go down

starting a skiller acc any tips? :) Empty starting a skiller acc any tips? :)

Post by Risa Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:39 pm

Hey guysssss!!!!

I have finally decided to make a lvl 3 skiller account I really love skilling and I am currently working on my main which will be mostly for PvM but on the side I want to make a lvl 3 skiller account and if it works out I might main it and only use my current main for PvM and quests and maxing. I absolutely love skilling and I am planning to maybe do either a agility or farming first I don't know but has anybody got any tips that will be useful?
Risa

starting a skiller acc any tips? :) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

starting a skiller acc any tips? :) Empty Re: starting a skiller acc any tips? :)

Post by OmniRick Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:55 pm

"only use my current main for PvM and quests and maxing" So everything?

For the skiller, set all attack options to hidden, turn auto-retaliate off, wield a bow with no arrows in the ammo slot to ensure you never accidentally get combat xp.

A lot of the skilling methods are equal to mains, with some noticeable differences (e.g. can't wield higher level tools, pickpocketing is usually unfeasable if you don't have 100% success rate).
If you plan to do farming, then start asap since you can fit your farm runs with whatever else you're training. Stock up on teleport tabs and jewelry, since you'll never cast spels.

It's possible to do some easy diaries, like Ardougne, and to get enough Kudos to access Fossil Island.
You can't get drops with just Recoil damage, but you can defeat some bosses that way, so some questing that includes a 'boss fight' is possible without dealing combat damage.

If you plan to level Slayer, put all xp lamps and books you get into it, because it WILL take longer than anything else. If not, just pretend it doesn't exist. Honestly, the saner option is to ignore it.

Feel free to reach out if you have specific questions on the subject.

P.S.: Your signature banner is adorable.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

starting a skiller acc any tips? :) Empty Re: starting a skiller acc any tips? :)

Post by Risa Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:56 pm

OmniRick wrote:"only use my current main for PvM and quests and maxing" So everything?

For the skiller, set all attack options to hidden, turn auto-retaliate off, wield a bow with no arrows in the ammo slot to ensure you never accidentally get combat xp.

A lot of the skilling methods are equal to mains, with some noticeable differences (e.g. can't wield higher level tools, pickpocketing is usually unfeasable if you don't have 100% success rate).
If you plan to do farming, then start asap since you can fit your farm runs with whatever else you're training. Stock up on teleport tabs and jewelry, since you'll never cast spels.

It's possible to do some easy diaries, like Ardougne, and to get enough Kudos to access Fossil Island.
You can't get drops with just Recoil damage, but you can defeat some bosses that way, so some questing that includes a 'boss fight' is possible without dealing combat damage.

If you plan to level Slayer, put all xp lamps and books you get into it, because it WILL take longer than anything else. If not, just pretend it doesn't exist. Honestly, the saner option is to ignore it.

Feel free to reach out if you have specific questions on the subject.

P.S.: Your signature banner is adorable.

lmao yes pretty much this main will be for the majority of the content but im planning to main a lvl 3 skiller now Smile its such a fun troll acc and I love skilling so much so I am up to do it!.

Thank you so much! OmniRick I actually never knew that about welding a bow without ammo stops you from getting combat xp! that is really good to know will do that asap. Yeah im pretty selling everything on my current main now so I can fun and start my skiller and also using my money making alts to fund the new lvl 3 main.

I am so excited and honestly im not really into bossing or pvm much and yeah It would be awesome to get a slayer cape on a lvl 3 would be an awesome goal to work. towards without ever getting any combat xp.

thank you so much to you and ash for the helpful tips! Very Happy

im gonna make my skiller acc right away! Very Happy

wish me luck!

also haha tyvm! ^_^ I love it too! im mad for the colour pink idk if u can tell lmao and shoved my beaver pet on it haha! its my first ever pet.

Risa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:25 pm

I learned the necessity of that bow trick from experience. The client one time changed my combat preferences for no reason so I got unwanted combat xp.

A slayer cape with 3 combat is rare for a reason, it's a years-long endeavour with very little return. Though it has some vanity points to it, don't let it consume the account. Skilling is the point of a skiller after all. Etongo

If you're gonna start with agility, you shouldn't need any gold upfront except for bonds.
Have fun on the grind. Thumbs Up
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Risa Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:18 pm

OmniRick wrote:I learned the necessity of that bow trick from experience. The client one time changed my combat preferences for no reason so I got unwanted combat xp.

A slayer cape with 3 combat is rare for a reason, it's a years-long endeavour with very little return. Though it has some vanity points to it, don't let it consume the account. Skilling is the point of a skiller after all. Etongo

If you're gonna start with agility, you shouldn't need any gold upfront except for bonds.
Have fun on the grind. Thumbs Up

Thank you so much for sharing the bow trick with me really helps especially when accidentally clicking on monsters and stuff.
I do love the slayer cape but don't like its emote lol the emote sucks!.

Yeah maybe agility or woodcutting something I can do whilst working but I've started my skiller and omg does this feel good! Very Happy

I just bought a bond should last me til I get paid to buy membership lol.

thanks so much for the tips ^_^ I appreciate it so much!

Risa

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:55 am

If you plan to do farming ever, I really recommend starting a daily tree run asap, can be a thing to start or end the day, and adds up fast.
You can use Varrock/Lumbridge/Falador teleport tabs, either run to Taverley or move your PoH there and use a Teleport to house tab, then either run from Taverley to Catherby (if you do Fishing Contest for the underground passage) or use Camelot teleport tabs. Get some Necklaces of passage to access the Gnome Stronghold, you can use Rings of dueling to run to the Tree Gnome Village fruit tree patch, though I'd recommend getting Ardougne cape 1, shorter route.

For an idea, my route for a farm run is:
1 Tab to Lumbridge tree patch;
2 Tab to Varrock tree patch;
3 Tab to Falador tree patch;
4 Run to Taverley tree patch;
5 Run to Catherby fruit tree patch;
6 Necklace of passage to Gnome Stronghold tree and fruit tree patches;
7 Ardougne cape teleport, run west to Gnome maze fruit tree patch;
8 Ardougne cape teleport, run east, take ship to Brimhaven fruit tree patch.

Take like 2k gp to pay for passages and for tree digging, and an energy potion or a couple strange fruits (personally I always take noted payments for all trees too). I had a lot of strange fruits from thieving fruit stalls. Adjust the route as necessary (for example, for a while I was fly-fishing in Shilo Village so I'd start by taking a cart to Brimhaven and checking that patch).
I kept my PoH in Rimmington because I was using a different PoH's digsite pendant to access Fossil Island for birdhouse runs (as a skiller, you'll never be able to build a mounted digsite pendant due to a magic level requirement); the distance between Falador and Taverley isn't that great. You add can Teak/Mahogany once you have 35/50 Farming and access to Fossil Island; I tried to add Calquat, but it's way too difficult without another account for protection, because the patch has a few jungle spiders in the vicinity which can kill in 2 hits, and getting back there is a hassle.  Mad

This doesn't account for Farming guild patches because I like to leave those for Contracts, but if you don't care for that you can include a Skills necklace once you get at least 65 Farming and 60% Hosidius favour.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Risa Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:55 pm

OmniRick wrote:If you plan to do farming ever, I really recommend starting a daily tree run asap, can be a thing to start or end the day, and adds up fast.
You can use Varrock/Lumbridge/Falador teleport tabs, either run to Taverley or move your PoH there and use a Teleport to house tab, then either run from Taverley to Catherby (if you do Fishing Contest for the underground passage) or use Camelot teleport tabs. Get some Necklaces of passage to access the Gnome Stronghold, you can use Rings of dueling to run to the Tree Gnome Village fruit tree patch, though I'd recommend getting Ardougne cape 1, shorter route.

For an idea, my route for a farm run is:
1 Tab to Lumbridge tree patch;
2 Tab to Varrock tree patch;
3 Tab to Falador tree patch;
4 Run to Taverley tree patch;
5 Run to Catherby fruit tree patch;
6 Necklace of passage to Gnome Stronghold tree and fruit tree patches;
7 Ardougne cape teleport, run west to Gnome maze fruit tree patch;
8 Ardougne cape teleport, run east, take ship to Brimhaven fruit tree patch.

Take like 2k gp to pay for passages and for tree digging, and an energy potion or a couple strange fruits (personally I always take noted payments for all trees too). I had a lot of strange fruits from thieving fruit stalls. Adjust the route as necessary (for example, for a while I was fly-fishing in Shilo Village so I'd start by taking a cart to Brimhaven and checking that patch).
I kept my PoH in Rimmington because I was using a different PoH's digsite pendant to access Fossil Island for birdhouse runs (as a skiller, you'll never be able to build a mounted digsite pendant due to a magic level requirement); the distance between Falador and Taverley isn't that great. You add can Teak/Mahogany once you have 35/50 Farming and access to Fossil Island; I tried to add Calquat, but it's way too difficult without another account for protection, because the patch has a few jungle spiders in the vicinity which can kill in 2 hits, and getting back there is a hassle.  Mad

This doesn't account for Farming guild patches because I like to leave those for Contracts, but if you don't care for that you can include a Skills necklace once you get at least 65 Farming and 60% Hosidius favour.

Thank you so much for these pointers literally screenshot your list going to definitely be doing farming asap definitely a useful skill also would be cool to go for the cape/pet too if im ever lucky I think I ran out on luck with the beaver lol. but tysm I am defo going to be trying this out getting a feel for it as ive never done farming properly before so first time but excited.
Risa

Back to top Go down