~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^ ^ ~~~

+3
Moon Light
rk_
Matt Ross
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ Empty ~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^ ^ ~~~

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:02 am

Well guys, I'm two months in - and Hopelessly Addicted! Gotta get that HIGH at least once a day, of hitting the grind -of doing that quest -of afk bliss..
So I'm here to post my goals, accomplishments, and perhaps a thought or two, as I grab-a-deh ganja, and roll around on my budget gaming chair.

I downloaded osrs back in November - 62 days ago or thereabouts. I play casually, but consistently. Never really no-lifing, but often prioritizing. In that amount of time I've reached modest stats:

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ HheqQFt

Obviously got a looong way to go, but I've made great strides!
In these first couple of months I've hit decent melee stats, gotten my first Fighter Torso, completed Monkey Madness, and generally re-kindled my vast knowledge of the world of Gielinor.

Goals:
95 (barb) fishing
70 agility
My first goal was to hit 95 fishing through barb training, along with 70 agili. I have not yet achieved this goal because it's a bitch and a half and I forgot how much I generally hate high and repetitive click intensity. At least shift-dropping somewhat revolutionized the process and has made it reasonably afk'able.
Currently at 75 fishing & 52 Agili.. would like to get fishing to 95 to fully benefit from the str xp before training it out of reach.. but it's so freakin boring and slow, with a lot of clicking.

100% Hosidius Favor
got this, in anticipation of 99 wc/99 cooking at some point. I really enjoy afk skills like these, generally speaking, and the wc guild is new since last I played. I previously got to 99 chopping yews in Gnome Stronghold. Talk about an upgrade..

50 prayer was my goal, but I've gotten it to lv 70.
Blew this one out of the water because:
1. I bought a pack of bonds worth 30mil
2. Piety looks to be the fucking shit
3. House altars are constantly hosted
4. OS Buddy makes it so you can 2-click offering bones at the home altar without burying them.
5. Getting to lv 70 cost under 5Mil and took like 3-4 hours, doing it partially afk sometimes.

Monkey Madness
Completed this absolute shithole of a quest (took me about 2.5 hours).

70 atk
At the time of writing this, I have to kill 333 more Yaks to hit 70 attack. Using Super Pots to speed this process up.
I'll have 60 str, and 47 def. (Used the brine saber to 60 atk, like a real champ)

Here's my setup:
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ 1WKv0LD

Next up I'll be fulfilling all my stat reqs for RFD.

70 cook
(then I'll be getting my Dragon Defender)
70 str
70 def
Currently trying to decide if I should train my stats to 70 at the NMZ!
NMZ looks insanely awesome, and I've been researching it for days now, smackin yaks in anticipation.

10 Slayer
40 Ranged
59 Magic
53 Thiev
25 Herblore
40 Crafting
50 Mining

Barrows Gloves
RFD – 167 QP

King’s Ransom Quest

Nightmare Zone
80/80/80
Start working towards 85+ Slayer
Get void armor
Afk'able skills (like cooking & wc at the new and spectacular Hosidius!)

Obviously my goals kind of taper off near the end there, but so that's where I am currently!

Last edited by Y_Sky_Y_Y on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ Empty Re: ~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^ ^ ~~~

Post by Matt Ross Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:59 am

Goodluck man, looking forward to your progress/journey.
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ Empty Re: ~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^ ^ ~~~

Post by rk_ Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:41 pm

nice going considering when u started, good luck ill be sure to check out how u go Smile
rk_
rk_

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:39 pm

Got my dragon defender today!
only to realize I need 60 def to equip it XDDDD
took me roughly 2k tokens. not bad.
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ EF5fVGk
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Gzz on the defender! 2K tokens wasn't too bad, seems like you got lots of alchables:D

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ NuD0cpJ

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Moon Light wrote:lots of alchables

Yeah now just to get my magic higher than lv 14 Rolling Eyes
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:25 pm

Been hittin it pretty hard!
Right before I got that Dragon Defender, I went and trained cooking to 70, soz to have some monkfish that paid for themselves floating around, and also to get my cooking to 70 for RFD.

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ MiNknnY

I got my range to 40 on yaks, first using hard leather and steel darts, then studded leather, then the dor'gshun crossbow with bone bolts whenever the upgrade was applicable. I also used range potions. Overall this was a bit tedious tbh, but I remember range was like that before, too. As I recall, range becomes significantly more fun the better you get.

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ XAobFEc

I splashed on rats from like 14 to 58, and alch'd to 59.
This was some of the most fun I've ever had training a skill tbh: that's part of why I'm prioritizing utilizing NMZ. I loved researching with other windows open while I knew my character was getting a "solid" 23-27k xp/hour, lol.
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ PZ8nzwS

I also got my thieving up to 35 at the Hosidius fruit stall today, but I guess I need to update my laptop setting to take pictures automatically. I'm about to go do The Feud Quest to get my 15k Thieving XP and also get access to Blackjacking. Gotta get my Thieving up to 53 after all.

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ TZWqL5C
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ XxQIbY5
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ BaJQquy

ALSO, probly gonna go get some Boots of Lightness first. It would help everything a little, right? and it would really up my little sexy elf girl's Fashionscape.

OH also I've been working on Flipping. I flip natures mostly, but also some other small oddities here and there. Usually I buy like 50k natures at a time, and flip them for a few gp profit.

I bought another pack of 10 bonds too, lol

P.S. ~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ XjGrLtg

Last edited by Y_Sky_Y_Y on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:09 am

Went ahead and did the Feud, which wasn't that bad.. took maybe 40 min.

But Blackjacking was a total. fucking. bitch. Hated it. SO much clicking, So much timing, and shit for payoff. I was getting maybe 45kXP/hour, but it felt like my mind was being anal gaped. So, I went back to the hosidius stall where I could at least half-watch a twitch stream while I played.. (Thing is, I'm playing on a mac, without a numpad for osbuddy's mousekeys, and I'm using one of those "magic" mouses that's basically like a big movable button)
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ 8s0lrbX
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ UXf1wdH
Ready to move on to my next goal in prepping for RFD!

Next up, going to clean some herbs or makes some potions just to get to lv25.
Going to craft some gold into amulets for lv40 crafting.
Going to mine (iron ore? gotta research it vs blast furnace or granite or whatever) to lv50.
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ Empty Update: 1-30-2018, Starting the RFD Quests!

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:23 pm

Alrighty, here we go! Time for a HUGE milestone for me personally, because I Never actually got the full RFD gloves, even on my previous main with 90+ all combat stats and 1800+ total level.

Since last I updated, I reached level 28 Herblore by making attack and strength potions (took like 10 min, if even).
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ 6frIHCY

I also hit lv 40 Crafting doing gold bars (super easy)
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ 1rpZ8wX

Hitting 50 mining was kind of fun..
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ PYtXcrw
It had been SO LONG since I powermined at Al Kharid. It wasn't even too hard to mine and watch videos. I had a lot of fun watching Autumn-Elegy's mining vids as well as some of the links on the sidebar or through his recommendations. Some of the youtubers have GREAT opening sequences, others.. not so much lol. But that's beside the point: basically I discovered that powermining Iron is still going to be my best bet until around 70 mining, at which point I'll head on over to the Motherlode, for semi-afk. Shit experience.. but whatever. I foresee myself using this option at some point, both for afk bliss and the prospector outfit.

Powermining granite is good because it uses 3-tick quite effectively, but it's just too much for me to bother with.. I'm not going for 99 at this point, much less 200mil or skilling contests, like Autumn Elegy was.
Blast Mining is another interesting option, and somewhat appealing because my Firemaking is quite low and who doesn't like efficiency? Less click-intensive than Granite, but still a bit of a learning curve and requires 100% attention. However, xp rates are about 80% faster than Motherlode, profits are really quite respectable, and it's not like I especially enjoy Motherlode mining. So, I might give it a shot down the line.

Anyway, with so much Iron mining going on, I went ahead and got the Varrock 1 armor, for the 10% chance to get double ores. Took me wayy too long for me to get, at around 2 hours, but that's because I did the Digsite and stuff, which honestly needed to get done anyway so it's all cool.

SO NOW
I'm ready to begin the pre-requisite quests for RFD lolol
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ UJnun7p
I've only done a few so far, maybe 10, but I definitely made a few extra Silverlight!! I will forever hate that I was too lazy to get more ore for a second Blurite Sword Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Y_Sky_Y_Y on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:30 pm

I'm living for this thread! Lots of stuff to read :O

GL with the rfd subquests Razz

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Woah the depth is real, good stuff!
GL
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Moon Light wrote:I'm living for this thread! Lots of stuff to read :O

GL with the rfd subquests Razz

MattRoss wrote:the depth is real, good stuff!

TYSVM! Glad you are liking the read Very Happy  I try to write as if we're actually talking.
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ Empty Mac Daddy

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 pm

So today I did the mac daddy of all Ye Quests of Olden Yore: Dragon Slayer.

Easy as pie with my stats & equipment. I think I ate like 1 food.
It was actually a pretty cool quest.. There was still a bit too much teleporting and running around for my utmost liking, but I really enjoyed the storyline for once.. you are assigned to slay a dragon that has decimated the beautiful island of Crandor.. you hire a ship captain but the dragon crashes your boat.. on the island of his lair. That's solid imho, at least compared to stuff like.. oh idk, Big Chompy Bird Hunting.

Best part? it only took about maybe 20min, thanks to the wiki and SnuggleQuest. SnuggleQuest is my favorite Youtube quest guide maker. She's like the cute half-cousin I always wanted to play runescape with growing up. Her guides are pleasant and no-bullshit.

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ AuJc3cO

I also did the Golem, Shadow of the Storm, and Merlin's Crystal. They were.. Pretty okay I guess. I liked Mr. Golem, and King Arthur's knights are kinda neat. I found them kinda forgettable/annoying though.

Most important thing I picked up was actually probably the Chronicle from Diango. Teleports to the Champion's Guild? Um yes? I went ahead and put like 60 charges on it.

Since last I played, there are a lot more accessible teleports, I feel. Like between Games Necklace, Ring of Dueling, TeleTabs and the little Tele-papers to more obscure locations, Combat bracelet, Amulet of Glory, & Ring of Wealth, Skills Necklace, and Necklace of Passage, I feel like most of the world is relatively easily accessible regardless of magic level or fairy rings, even.

The Battle Rages On!
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ OfPPJ2N

Dragon Slayer:
~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ 6nCA5tX

Feels good to have this one done.

Side note: back in the day, I used to LOVE Crandor. That was my go-to training spot as f2p. Mossies AND Lessers, two of the best monsters to train against in f2p at the time, with food nearby to mix things up with fishing. All in a peaceful and unique setting.
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 am

cheers more progress

I have to agree YouTube/SnuggleQuest has helped me speed through so many quests.

I completely forgot about the Chronicle from Diango, not even sure if i still have it lol..
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am

MattRoss wrote:
I have to agree YouTube/SnuggleQuest has helped me speed through so many quests.
Something about her voice & personality is just so soothing. Even her little opening diddy. Plus I like her no-bullshit approach. I feel like the other main guide producer's (slayermusiq1) guides are like twice as long..

Progress: I did my Shield of Arrav & Heroes Quest in about 45 min, thanks to the "osrs soa" chat. Found a good partner and we knocked 'em both out. Good stuff. Sadly, OSBuddy was behind on the update and I didn't realize it wasn't taking pics. Oh well..

Broke up the questing with some Barb fishing. I went ahead and learned how to 3-tick. It's really not bad at all.. with a metronome. And it really does boost the experience from around 32-40k/hr to more like 70k/hr, so I might actually atk sometimes. Especially since I learned that with a metronome at 100bpm, it's literally just a click for each tick. Squeezing in a shift-drop or two was even kind of fun. (dropping happens between the second and third tick, with the first click being tar, the second being the herb, and the third being the fishing spot.)
I could actually see myself doing this for.. oh, idk, maybe like 20 hours or something. I only did it for about 2, but the gains were noticeable:

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ WmCZO7a

Off to do some more questing! Doing the Plague City line.
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Nice that you learned 3-ticking! I've tried it once and haven't done it since Rolling Eyes

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:37 am

Moon Light wrote:Nice that you learned 3-ticking! I've tried it once and haven't done it since Rolling Eyes
The metronome made all the difference for me. Normally I hate click-intensive focused activities, but this one is pretty easy with the aid of the metronome and shift-dropping.
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by BitBug Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:23 am

I tried 3 ticking and just plain gave up after an hour of failing :p nice job getting the hang of it!

Good luck on ur next goals Smile if you haven't figured out how to do the automatic screens yet, the screenshot settings are under the "utility" tab in OSB settings, left column Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Y_Sky_Y_Y Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:02 pm

BitBug wrote:I tried 3 ticking and just plain gave up after an hour of failing :p nice job getting the hang of it!

Good luck on ur next goals Smile if you haven't figured out how to do the automatic screens yet, the screenshot settings are under the "utility" tab in OSB settings, left column Smile

tyty ^-^ I gave up before as well, before trying this method.

Usually the screens are taken! It was just when the update hadn't been accounted for yet, for some reason. And the reason I took the manual screenshot was to show how I had the metronome up, as well. If you ever try tick-play again, definitely go for using a metronome.
Y_Sky_Y_Y
Y_Sky_Y_Y

Back to top Go down

Post by God Bu Bu Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 am

Some impressive work you have there. I suppose there will be more screenshots coming onto this thread.
God Bu Bu
God Bu Bu

~~ ^^ ^ Sky's High Flying Adventures ^^ ^  ^ ~~~ YP5zkAJ

gold chin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next