Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :)

5 posters

Go down

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) Empty Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :)

Post by Im Not Mafia Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello and Kia Ora OSRS Advice!

My in-game name is "Im not Mafia" (but can call me Mafia for short).

I am a mid-20s Male from New Zealand (Kia Ora = Hello, in our indigenous Māori language that we try hard to embrace).
It's only been 4 days since I started this brand new account.

I wanted to join OSRS Advice because I feel like the name alone embodies a lot of what I get up to in real life Smile

My in-game short term goals are grinding Graceful then trying to smash out a good amount of quests. Long-term I hope to learn how to do bossing.

The last time I regularly played OSRS was 2 years ago but I was banned for doing naughty things, which I do not plan on doing now :3

I currently am training to be a doctor, also a sports coach and some of my hobbies are I am a beginner surfer, chess player and a guitarist/music theory wannabe.

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with all of you guys!

Last edited by Im Not Mafia on Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Im Not Mafia
Im Not Mafia

Back to top Go down

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) Empty Re: Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :)

Post by Syllabic Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:02 pm

Cute greeting, haha. Welcome, and big congrats on being our 3500th member! We'll be having an event to commemorate that in the not-too-distant future. Some extra incentive to stick around Smile

Sounds like a tried and true set of goals to get you started back up, quests especially. I ended up really regretting putting them off as long as I did. We should be able to help you get into some PVM down the line as well, when you feel ready.

I hope your studies are going well! How far along are you?

Edit: The Optimal Quest Guide on the wiki is an excellent resource btw, if you're not already familiar with it.

Last edited by Syllabic on Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Can't words good)

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) Empty Re: Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :)

Post by Im Not Mafia Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Syllabic Smile I am honoured to be the 3500th! (Maybe my new lucky number?)

Good to hear that my goals sound reasonably efficient!

This is my 7th year of studying - but that includes doing a Bachelor degree previously. Some people might feel that this is a long time - but it really flies by super quick!
Im Not Mafia
Im Not Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:17 pm

Im Not Mafia wrote:This is my 7th year of studying - but that includes doing a Bachelor degree previously. Some people might feel that this is a long time - but it really flies by super quick!

Oh, you're not far off at all! Good for you! My dad became a med student in his 30s, when I was still in elementary school. Can't speak to what it was like for him, but it may as well have been forever as far as 10 year old me was concerned Laughing

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Not Mafia Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:20 pm

Syllabic wrote:
Im Not Mafia wrote:This is my 7th year of studying - but that includes doing a Bachelor degree previously. Some people might feel that this is a long time - but it really flies by super quick!

Oh, you're not far off at all! Good for you! My dad became a med student in his 30s, when I was still in elementary school. Can't speak to what it was like for him, but it may as well have been forever as far as 10 year old me was concerned Laughing

That's really awesome to hear about your dad! Plenty of people start in their 30s. I am empathetic though if he spent a lot of your childhood reading textbooks!
Im Not Mafia
Im Not Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:52 pm

Hey Mafia, thanks for the intro! Those are some awesome goals, both in game and in real life.

I couldn't agree more with your comment about how quick time has gone by for me in school. This is my 6th year of being in school post high-school (2nd year graduate student). Seems like just yesterday I walked the stage at high school graduation, haha. I guess if you find something you like, school really isn't bad after all Smile

I took a semester of AP music theory in high school. It was hands down, my FAVORITE class I ever took before college. I thought about minoring in it during undergrad, but just couldn't bring myself to it because I knew it would be super challenging, haha.

Be seeing you  Happy Pepo
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Im Not Mafia Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:43 pm

Tinnitus wrote:Hey Mafia, thanks for the intro! Those are some awesome goals, both in game and in real life.

I couldn't agree more with your comment about how quick time has gone by for me in school. This is my 6th year of being in school post high-school (2nd year graduate student). Seems like just yesterday I walked the stage at high school graduation, haha. I guess if you find something you like, school really isn't bad after all Smile

I took a semester of AP music theory in high school. It was hands down, my FAVORITE class I ever took before college. I thought about minoring in it during undergrad, but just couldn't bring myself to it because I knew it would be super challenging, haha.

Be seeing you  Happy Pepo

Hi Tinnitus! I appreciate you for sharing a bit about yourself! Yes I am so tempted to take an interest paper in theory but have instead satisfied my itch by doing Trinity College books/binging youtube videos. I feel like it's made it so much more fun for me to listen to almost any kind of music and it's made me more open to broader genres of music.
Im Not Mafia
Im Not Mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 7 Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:16 am

Welcome & welcome back Mafia! Stay out of trouble ;P
Joe 7

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:21 am

Hi Mafia,
I've been part of the clan for a few months and think it's a great clan to be part of. Everyone is welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Good luck on your real life and in-game goals. Welcome to the clan. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Hello and Kia Ora! Just came back to the game after a long hiatus :) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down