This game owns my soul.

+2
11 Eleven
Frezz
6 posters

Go down

This game owns my soul. Empty This game owns my soul.

Post by Frezz Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:24 am

Hi all,

Found this clan on the OSRS Forums and thought i'd check it out. Seems like a pretty chill place to be!

I've been playing Runescape since about 2004 on and off most of the time taking 2 year breaks in between with the biggest break being between EOC release and OSRS returning(think a lot of people have that in common). I always get asked "So if you've been playing for that long surely you're a master by now?". Absolutely not Laughing I do play other games but mainly OSRS now.

Currently have 2 accounts, a main(Frelizus) which i only really play to farm Vorkath for bonds now and an Ironman(Iron Frezz) which i've very recently started. I ruined the game for myself on the main when i started staking to recover a loss after a close friend ran off with an item i let them borrow. Made a lot of money which pretty much made the rest of the game obsolete and had no desire to do anything. Quit again and having recently returned decided to start the Ironman to enjoy the game as it should be played. I really enjoy PVM and have experience in most activities apart from TOB, so looking forward to getting my Ironman back up to that standard(long way to go yet though).

I have a lot of family and work commitments so don't get to play as much as i would like but such is life!

Look forward to getting to know you all Very Happy

Last edited by Frezz on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Frezz
Frezz

Back to top Go down

This game owns my soul. Empty Re: This game owns my soul.

Post by 11 Eleven Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:06 am

Welcome! We've got some great Ironmen here so you'll feel right at home. This game has its claws in us all. Looking forward to seeing you in game!

This game owns my soul. U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:06 pm

Welcome Frezz. Glad to have you! OSRS is my main game these days as well. Got plenty of other stuff I'm interested in, of course, but I'm nothing if not a slave to the grind Laughing It's pretty much become my default "chill out" game when I can't think of anything else to do.

I've seen staking ruin the game for many people, for various reasons. Seems you either end up going bust because you can't stop, or you walk away and have more money than you know what to do with. I don't think you'd catch me complaining, but I suppose it does make the the primary gameplay loop rather pointless. Awful that your "friend" disappeared like that, though. I like to think I have a solid group of people I could trust no matter what, but hearing stories like yours makes it hard to not doubt my judgement sometimes.

Excellent impetus to start an ironman, though. The idea of earning everything yourself appeals to many of us on an innate level, I think. I'm not yet at the point where playing my main's become a chore, but if it ever get there I'll likely end up joining your ranks. Will definitely be checking it out when Group Ironman releases, at the very least. Provided I can find willing friends, haha.

Make sure to check out the Discord as well, if you're interested in keeping in touch outside of the game. Great way to get to know people Smile

This game owns my soul. NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:49 pm

Hey Frezz,

It was nice meeting you in game last night - glad you decided to take the leap and sign up here!

I bet people here are probably sick of me saying it, but starting my ironman was the best decision I've made related to OSRS, hands down. The progress on irons is slower for sure, but try and set up small goals for yourself to complete and focus on knocking them out. At least for me, that helps. My first main goal was to complete dragon slayer. Man, I don't even know where to begin to tell you how much fun I've had on this account! I hope you experience the same. Plently of irons in the chat that hang around and are willing to share different methods we have used to progress the account, so don't ever be afraid to ask if you need anything! 

Not sure if you're big into using forums or stuff like that, but if you are, I'd recommend checking out the Goals and Achievements section of the forums here. A few of us regularly update some achievements we've made in game. It definitely helps me motivate myself to do grinds that I may not enjoy as much. It's also pretty nice to have a central hub for myself to see how I've progressed over the past few months. You could even make a thread for yourself - obviously not required, though Smile

Catch you in game!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

This game owns my soul. 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flannygains Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:06 am

Welcome buddy,

It sucks that people sacrifice relationship for some gp but its the sad reality we live in. Lucky for you we have a lot of great people in this clan! Look forward to seeing you in the cc man.
Flannygains
Flannygains

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi Frezz,
Like you, I'm a long time RuneScape player though not quite as long as you - since 2006 for me. I've played off and on since then but haven't actively played RS3 since just after Invention was released. I've been playing OSRS since around the time it was released on mobile and have been enjoying it immensely. It's been fun re-learning things as well as being introduced to new content.

I'm fairly new to the clan but in the time I've been here, everyone has been friendly and helpful. It's a great clan to be part of. Welcome to the clan. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

This game owns my soul. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down