Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers

4 posters

Go down

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Empty Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers

Post by Eden Thu May 07, 2020 9:55 pm

I've been having such a grand time in DMM lately that I really wanted to share some of the methods I've found to ensure "safe" deaths in DMM.

Hokay,

First off, I am not very good at PvP. I'm nowhere near a tribrid level, my switches are garbage, and I simply don't have the quickness of reflexes to win high-level fights.

That's okay, because DMM presents a fantastic opportunity for players to think critically about the game and use a different sort of logic to advance wealth -- logic that generally would not apply in main OSRS.

So, a basic overview:

The current Deadman Mode (DMM) tournament is running for the month of May. It is a cutthroat open-PVP mode in which you can be attacked almost anywhere by anyone. If you die (unskulled) to a PKer, you lose everything in your inventory, plus the 10 most valuable stacks from your bank (this is important).

Note: If you die with a skull, meaning you attacked another player first, you *will* lose experience in most stats. If you die with no skull, you will never lose experience in your stats. All XP rates are increased by 10x to 15x, so leveling up is extremely quick.

Due to the nature of the tournament, items with high value for PvP are extremely sought after. Many, many players (myself included) are playing DMM with the express goal of swapping -- that is, trading DMM GP for OSRS GP. The rates between DMM/07 can vary between 1:4 and 1:20, sometimes even higher. Items such as Raids weapons, Tridents, Whips, Wilderness Weapons, and certain Barrows pieces can easily fetch tens, even hundreds of mills in 07 GP. For example, an Ahrim's Robetop would currently fetch roughly 7M in OSRS GP.

My strategy involves a few central concepts that are essential to minimizing losses while farming DMM gold:

#1: Don't Be A Target

PKers are out to make money, plain and simple. Especially in DMM, they look for easy loot -- lower levels wearing decent gear. If you are running around in a rune kiteshield, rune full helm, rune platelegs and a dragon scimitar, you are almost certainly going to get wiped by someone and lose it all.

Instead, don't look like a target. If the goal is to make DMM GP, don't bring DMM GP with you when you aren't looking for a fight. Just a few rune pieces might be worth 150k DMM GP, which is currently worth about 700k in OSRS.

When I run barrows, I am wearing a wizard hat, black d'hide, and a power ammy. I look like I have nothing. Meanwhile, there are usually 3-6 others running barrows -- they're almost always wearing rune, dragon, or barrows gear. When the PKers show up, who do you think they try to kill? 9 times out of 10, it's not going to be me.

#2: Disperse Your Wealth and Keep Junk Items

This is absolutely essential to making money in DMM. As mentioned before, when you die to a PKer, you will lose the 10 most valuable stacks of items from your bank, along with whatever you have in your inventory. Using the 'items lost on death' button, you are able to see what you will lose in the event of a PvM Death, an unskulled death to a PKer, and skulled deaths.

Of course, it goes with out saying that if you keep a large cash stack in your bank, it will always be lost if you get killed. This is why it's essential to think about how your wealth is stored and how it is dispersed -- when done correctly, you can get away with dying to a PKer and losing almost nothing.

In the screenshot below, you will see what I would lose upon death to a PKer in DMM.

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Screen10

It does not look like much at all, but in DMM, it's essential to progress. Slayer's staff. Death Runes. Cash. Food. Potions. I need these supplies in order to continue to make money in DMM.

Junk Items to the Rescue!

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Screen12

Potions are readily available from the Bounty Hunter Emblem Trader in DMM. Therefore, items such as ranarr and snapdragon (seeds and herbs), limpwurt roots, and unfinished potions are *extremely* inexpensive on the DMM G.E. However, these items are still associated with the G.E. price in the main OSRS game.Some of these items were obtained as unique DMM drops from Barrows brothers and other NPCs. Others were purchased for between 1k-2k DMM on the DMM GE. The worst loss out of this entire death would be 5 Prayer Pots and 3 Sanfew Serums -- worth only 10k DMM GP or so.

Because of the addition of these 'junk' items, below is what will stay in my bank upon death to a PKer.

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Screen13

This is huge. Simply by keeping stacks of 'junk' items in your bank, you can either reduce or entirely eliminate the loss of wealth and moneymaking supplies from your bank.

There are two other main forms of safe wealth storage:

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Screen11

-Bounty Hunter Emblem Trader:
    Just north of Edgeville bank. Players in DMM can receive "archaic emblem" drops from certain npcs, which can be traded for BH points. Players use these points to purchase weapons, armor, ammunition, potions, and other supplies. When you die, any Bounty Hunter points stored with the Trader are completely safe. By having 1.5m Bounty Hunter Points, I am storing roughly 300k in DMM wealth with the Trader, which is currently about 1.4m OSRS. This is never lost on death.

-Safe Deposit Box:
    The Safe Deposit Box is the most important tool for continuing to build your DMM wealth. It allows you to store up to 10 items safely -- that is, they will never be lost on death. It can be found in any major bank -- Lumbrige, Varrock, Falador, G.E., etc. Look for the "Financial Wizard" at the bank booth.

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Screen14

It is important to identify items that have two characteristics in DMM:

-1: Often purchased and repurchased for PVP/combat training (weapons, armor)
-2: Relatively stable price within DMM G.E. (Many items fluctuate wildly on a daily basis)

Generally, the best items I have found for the safe deposit box are Dragon Scimitars. They are consistently around 60K DMM GP and can also be purchased from the Bounty Hunter trader for 300k Emblem Points.

I reached a point where my Safe Deposit Box was totally full of Dragon Scimitars. At that point, the goal is to find a higher-value item with a relatively stable price in order to store more value per item slot, as you only have 10 slots. Dragon Platelegs and Dragon Plateskirts are sitting comfortably between 180k-200k DMM GP.

#3: Always Be Observant and Prepared

Being an open PVP game mode, it is possible to get killed anytime you are not in a safe zone, such as a major city or bank. Whenever you are outside of a safe zone, you must always be prepared to fight, tank, and escape.

Prepare:

-Always keep food with you. Always. Even if you're just running to Edgeville and back.

-It is always a good idea to keep at least 1-2 stamina and 1-2 prayer potions with you when outside of a safe zone.

-It is *always* a good idea to keep a teleport to Varrock or Lumbridge with you. You cannot teleport away from immediate combat, but with a 3-4 second gap, you can. In addition, if you are quick enough, you can instantly teleport away before a PKer has a chance to hit you.

-Once you are able to, it is always a good idea to keep Saradomin brews and Super restores on your person.

-Think about how you may be able to escape a PKer in whichever area you are exploring. There are always game mechanics that can lead to an escape. In Barrows, entering your tunnel will almost always lead to an escape, as the PKer likely cannot follow you.

Observe:

-It is never a good idea to even semi-AFK when outside of a safezone in DMM.

-Always watch for white dots on your minimap. If you are in a location known to be camped by PKers often, you can keep a finger on your teleport spell and instantly click it if you see a white dot. Even if that white dot isn't a PKer, a teleport isn't worth having to rebuild supplies from a death.

-Watch for scouts. Scouts are generally lower-level characters with no equipment who stand in dangerous areas to pass along information to PKers -- if anyone is available to kill, what they're wearing, et cetera. If you see a scout, it is usually a good idea to hop worlds or leave the area.

-Watch for Twitch Streams: Most high-level streamers are currently PKing in DMM. They are generally camping areas such as Barrows, Raids, Wilderness areas, and any place people go to make decent GP. If you periodically take a look at who is streaming and where they are on the map, you have a good chance of avoiding an encounter.

If you get to a point where you would like to swap DMM GP for 07 GP, DO NOT JUST TRUST ANYBODY ADVERTISING SWAP SERVICES! There are a TON of scammers out there. Please feel free to message me if you need help with swapping. Quite a few of us within the CC have already used a trusted service available to anybody.

Some of you may be thinking "But Eden, why don't you just mule all your GP and items?" Yes, this is an option, and admittedly much easier than going through dispersal of wealth and building a safe deposit box. However, frankly, the way I'm doing it is more fun than muling. It requires me to think critically about every move I make in DMM. It's truly a unique experience that brings a strategic element to OSRS that is generally not considered in the main game.

Please don't hesitate to message me if you have questions or would like any help with DMM. If anyone would like to start from scratch, I'll happily assist you with your first bit of DMM wealth so you can build from there. Good luck, don't die, and if you die, make sure all you lose are seeds and herbs! <3 <3

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Ah_top10
Eden
Eden

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Empty Re: Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers

Post by Kanagawa Thu May 07, 2020 10:57 pm

Very Very Impressive. Shocked  

The amount of information available in this post is amazing. Anyone who is interested in giving this DMM a shot should definitely read through this post. I will definitely follow this post, as well as use it as a reference for players who ask for assistance regarding this DMM Tournament.

Thank you for the guide!

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Empty Re: Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers

Post by Eden Fri May 08, 2020 12:32 am

Safe Deposit Box update, the Barrows double loot weekend is lit!

Note: You WILL get attacked at Barrows this weekend. Do not go without teles, sharks, brews. I was barraged on the same run I got this reward.

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers Screen15
Eden
Eden

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by TGOD1991 Fri May 08, 2020 11:35 am

You should make Youtube Guides Very Happy
TGOD1991
TGOD1991

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat May 09, 2020 4:27 pm

Eden, do you plan on keeping the barrows items until a bit after the 2x barrows weekend? I'm guessing the prices will shoot back up after.

Nice guide and progress mate! Very Happy
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Eden's Guide to Safe DMM Moneymaking for Non-PVPers 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down