fx plus
vit
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clan Event Availability Empty Clan Event Availability

Post by vit Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:08 am

Hey everyone.

Due to life, I wasn't available for last nights event that I host each weekend.

I attempted to find someone else to host but due to the short notice, I was unsuccessful.

I believe with clan events, consistency is key... I do not know if I can offer this moving forward.

I make no apology for saying that I think these events have been fantastic for raising clan activity, encompassing clan camaraderie and allowing some players to experience things they wouldn't have otherwise.

For this reason, I am throwing my thoughts into a forum post to search for suggestions on how to keep the events going without relying on my availability .

Thanks,
Jack/Pid
vit
vit

Clan Event Availability U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Clan Event Availability Empty Re: Clan Event Availability

Post by fx plus Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:42 am

Hey Pid,

I haven't turned up to the clan events for a while now due to the time being awkward for me, but these events are a lot of fun, and really helps to elevate our cc beyond just being a chat. I'd just like to say thank you for taking the time to host them.
Moving forward maybe a volunteer roster could be established based on availability?

All The Best,
fx100AUPlus
fx plus
fx plus

Olmlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:25 pm

I am really surprised that only one person has posted a reply so far. I know they were a big success, and that it gave a taste of things to people that they had never experienced. Judging by what I heard back into cc it was well appreciated, and all the more so because it was open to anyone regardless of gear or experience.It was certainly fun to watch the cc, and people enjoyed a payout too however small, it gave the clan a buzz.
I do hope going forward that it will continue, it should never been down to just one person. You were given the status of event co-ordinator to be part of a team seemingly with no real guidelines, I think it needs to be fleshed out more......its not fair just to have a title and change of colour on the forum and then be left. No one person can commit to weekend after weekend, that's has never been possible. Looks like 2 of us that never took part are the first to say a big thankyou and hope it gets resolved into still being a feature.
ladybird2

Clan Event Availability NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:53 pm

I for one am still hoping for a mass DKS.

I refrain from offering to host because of my limited to none experience in most PvM, but I hope someone that has a lot of experience in it takes an interest in sharing your event hosting duties.

My thanks for your effort in making the past events happen.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Clan Event Availability YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Vespolar Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:38 pm

I not always available for the events but I would be willing to host some of them if its something i am comfortable with!

Clan Event Availability Image-10
Vespolar
Vespolar

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:04 am

Vespolar wrote:I not always available for the events but I would be willing to host some of them if its something i am comfortable with!

Likewise Pid, let me know if/when you need help Smile
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Clan Event Availability 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Zvny Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:35 am

I will gladly try to help if Iam available! Goodluck with life stuff and togheter we can keep this train going Smile
Zvny
Zvny

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:39 am

I volunteer Diablo6669 as tribute.

Thanks for the events while they lasted Pid, I heard they were great fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:30 am

Thanks for the feedback people.

In no way am I planning on leaving or stopping them. It's just I am nowhere near as available as I once was.

And yes, Rick. I still plan on getting this DKS event arranged.

It's more about what system can we put in place to make sure there is someone who can host when I'm not here.

Or... Is it as simple as saying, if I am unavailable, do we push the event to the next weekend that I am available?
vit
vit

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Pidalu wrote:Thanks for the feedback people.

In no way am I planning on leaving or stopping them. It's just I am nowhere near as available as I once was.

And yes, Rick. I still plan on getting this DKS event arranged.

It's more about what system can we put in place to make sure there is someone who can host when I'm not here.

Or... Is it as simple as saying, if I am unavailable, do we push the event to the next weekend that I am available?

My schedule's pretty flexible, I can always lend a hand if you see me on.
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemtrol Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:10 am

These events are great for getting the clan together, having fun and teaching people new content. I unfortunately cannot host due to work and family, but really would like to continue seeing the events happen. I would like to contribute though so if needed I can help by giving some gp to hosts.

Hope all is well with ya Pid<3
Chemtrol

Back to top Go down

Post by elemntsk8ter Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:56 am

It's no surprise that life happens. Missing a week here and there shouldn't be too much of an issue. That missed week will become apparent when people are sad an event isn't occurring (WHICH IS A SIGN OF A REALLY GOOD EVENT!)

My suggestion would be to have 2-3 people host, as back ups. Have them attend just the same, but if you need to step away for a hot second, they can take over for 5 minutes, or a whole event if need be. Or rotate through 2-3 hosts, trading off if you can't make it. Even if there's no "host", as long as we have a start time, location, and goal in mind mentioned on the forums.. we should be able to pick up everything else on the fly, especially if we have a back up here and there.

Even though I haven't been able to attend, you've put together some solid events based on the feedback I've seen. Let's ensure it continues. Smile
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Clan Event Availability YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:49 am

Apologies for the slightly slow response. I can't overstate how much I appreciate your contributions, and I feel kind of scummy for taking this long to reply.

I just want to say, Jack, that you've been doing an absolutely stellar job up to this point. People love these events that you put on, and with good reason. I never expected to see the kind of turnout you've ended up having. And I never expected to become so invested in them either, considering my marked lack of PvM experience.

Considering all of these huge successes, you really can't fault yourself for letting life get in the way now and again. I think we all understand that you can't be at our beck and call every single weekend.

I really like @elemntsk8ter 's idea. I think having a set group of event coordinators that you can plan with would do a lot to keep things more organized, and help relieve some of the burden that you've been shouldering.

Really, I don't have any novel ideas here. Just here to piggyback and show my appreciation Smile

Whatever ends up happening, I want to sincerely thank you for the work you've put in over the past while. Your events have been some of the most fun I've ever had in this game.

Last edited by Syllabic on Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Knecken Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:05 am

Hey, the time often clashes with other things in my life, so have not been able to make it.

But just wanted to say your dedication to this has been fantastic.
People truly love these events, and it is so fun to see everybody gathered!

Going with Element and Sylls idea would be great, and you would not have to take all the responsibility.

I´d recommend setting up a doodle, I use it to schedule RP sessions, where you set up a bunch of dates, and people can say "Hey I´m available on these ones".
From that one could see well in advance and set up a host squad for each event!
https://doodle.com/
Here is an example from one of my RP plannings:
Clan Event Availability Doodle10
Knecken
Knecken

Back to top Go down

Post by Vespolar Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:20 am

Great idea Knecken! I would use this if we started

Clan Event Availability Image-10
Vespolar
Vespolar

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:45 am

Thank you for all the feedback, it's greatly appreciated!

I will try some things out to ensure that there are backup hosts for when I cannot be present.

Thank you!
vit
vit

Back to top Go down

Post by Some1 Dead Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:07 pm

i know this is probably classed as reviving an old topic, and i apolagise if thats a bad thing

however, maybe there should be like a recruitment thread posted out for some kind of events team? for like official clan events, people can still host whatever they wish but if we had proper scheduled ones with a few people from different time zones the events could cater for more and have more of them if people wanted that?

i know its primarily a community but what better way to get everyone involved and to know eachother better than all banding together to kill stuff or hang out all in one place and play a game or skill?

i may eventually throw my name into that hat as im trying to become a lot more active, currently feel like im always in cc but i dont really know anyone so im trying to change this by gaining a bit of playtime each week.

ps i ramble but i feel like this is an important topic that deserves a bit more conversation and some form of resolution? (if thats the correct word)
Some1 Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by Reinhold Reich Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:13 pm

Thank you for your dedication in the past (in which i was not there apart from one) Very Happy but to speak for myself, how about its not pidalus event of the week but "pidalus gang event" and we may find 3-4-5-6-7-8... people that can all host, sometimes together, sometimes not.

if its counting the players that attempt, or writing down who was where in what time, ill take that role. if its about the gameplay itself, i surely cannot.

greeting
Roland
Reinhold Reich

Clan Event Availability OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 pm

Some1 Dead wrote:i know this is probably classed as reviving an old topic, and i apolagise if thats a bad thing

however, maybe there should be like a recruitment thread posted out for some kind of events team? for like official clan events, people can still host whatever they wish but if we had proper scheduled ones with a few people from different time zones the events could cater for more and have more of them if people wanted that?

i know its primarily a community but what better way to get everyone involved and to know eachother better than all banding together to kill stuff or hang out all in one place and play a game or skill?

i may eventually throw my name into that hat as im trying to become a lot more active, currently feel like im always in cc but i dont really know anyone so im trying to change this by gaining a bit of playtime each week.

ps i ramble but i feel like this is an important topic that deserves a bit more conversation and some form of resolution? (if thats the correct word)

Piggybacking off this comment, when I used to play Maplestory2 my guild had a google docs spreadsheet with various raids and bosses listed at certain times and you could type in your name to signup as well as what role or class you are. It was insanely successful, as it was posted at the start of the week and would often fill up before the end of it. It made it super easy to know where you had to be and when. For example, there could be a section like:
bandos gwd 1/2/2020 3pm PST ----- Chambers of xeric 1/2/20 6pm PST.
1. pid---------------------------------------1. Farma
2. syllabic----------------------------------2. Farma Alt1
3.  bodjery---------------------------------3. Farma Alt25

Or something similar. You could also add a slot for HOST: and whoever claims it can host it. I think it would work well as long as we restrict access to clan members so people couldn't just find the link and delete everything. With Boss of the week starting soon I think it would be really helpful to help orchestrate teams for that.
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:04 am

It's a cool idea, and it will definitely need looking into as I'm starting my shift pattern for work soon (next week) so I will be working weekends quite often and sometimes nights so I will be unable to commit to hosting consistently.

All ideas on this are welcome but I'm not on the best way to approach this.

Worst case scenario we can keep it as normal but if I am working that saturday then it will be postponed until the next available saturday.
vit
vit

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next