How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs)

5 posters

Go down

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) Empty How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs)

Post by vit Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Guide to obtaining a Rune Pouch

I noticed quite a few people in the clanchat weren't sure how to obtain a Rune pouch, so I thought I'd make a small guide.

What is a Rune pouch?

The rune pouch is an item that can store 16,000 of three types of runes. Players can cast spells using the runes stored in the pouch, saving inventory space. Players cannot own more than one rune pouch.

There are two different ways to obtain a Rune pouch. Purchasing Emblems & Slayer Points.

Purchasing Emblems (Recommended)

In Edgeville, a few steps north of the bank, there is an NPC called Emblem Trader.

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) CpgsnIH

Here you can purchase the Rune pouch for 1,200,000 points.

You earn these points by selling mysterious emblems to the Emblem Trader.

You can obtain mysterious emblems by either killing players in Bounty hunter or purchasing them from the Grand Exchange.

Tier 1 mysterious emblems can be bought on the Grand Exchange, with each emblem giving 50,000 points. This would mean you would need to purchase 24 tier 1 mysterious emblems in order to exchange them for a Rune pouch.

Alternatively, players can purchase a tier 10 mysterious emblem which can be exchanged for 5,000,000 points. Although the tier 10 mysterious emblem will cost you more money than buying 24 tier 1 emblems, you will be left with 3,800,000 surplus points. These leftover points can be used to purchase other items from the Bounty Hunter store which can be sold back to the Grand Exchange to cover the initial costs.

At the time of creating this guide these are the current prices of a Rune pouch:

• 24 tier 1 mysterious emblems 1,664,016gp
  • Tier 10 emblem and using surplus points to cover cost 455,651gp

Useful links:

To check current price of a Rune pouch: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Rune_pouch
To check the best items to buy with left over points: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Bounty_Hunter_Store

Slayer Points

Players can purchase a rune pouch from a Slayer master for 1,250 Slayer reward points.

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) KKPIDbq

I would NOT recommend this option to regular accounts. This is more suited towards players who are Ironmen.
vit
vit

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) Empty Re: How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs)

Post by ladybird2 Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:44 pm

Thank you for that, I had a vague idea, and now know just how vague it was, and although I am a regular slayer for some reason it had escaped my notice that I could get one from a slayer master too.
I'd sort of assumed I'd have to do 'risky things' in the wildy, which was for me very off putting..........and you have explained it all so well, so a big fat thanks. I have yet to get 99 magic, so will join the magic marsupials very soon.
ladybird2

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) Empty Re: How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs)

Post by vit Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:02 pm

Glad to help. It's such a useful item pirat
vit
vit

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:17 pm

Seriously was mind blown when I found this out last night! Had been training slayer to eventually get one but 1200 slayer points is no mean feat lol Absolutely loving my Rune pouch now! Thanks for the guide, I’m sure it will benefit quite a few others as well Smile
Avallan
Avallan

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:05 pm

A pretty solid guide, it's worth mentioning to those using slayer points to always leave yourself 60 points or so in order to skip tasks, last thing you want with a nice new rune pouch is to be stuck with a Steel Dragon task! Razz
Nixy
Nixy

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:20 am

Just here to give you a belated "thank you", Jack! I'd read about this on Reddit a little already, but it's really nice having all the necessary info in one place. I'll be putting it to good use!

How to Get a Rune Pouch (Includes Costs) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down