MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS!

+11
DabbingBrb
iNumbersz
Advice Bot
OmniRick
Chemtrol
Nixy
vit
Muffin
Syllabic
sunkists
COCOMARBELLA
15 posters

Go down

WHICH SKILL WOULD YOU WANT TO BE THE FIRST SOTW?

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap28%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 8 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap0%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap3%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap3%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap7%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap14%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap31%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap7%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_lcap0%MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 29

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Empty MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS!

Post by COCOMARBELLA Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Hi Everyone I HAVE A SUGGESTION! Smile

I was thinking it would be a really good idea if the clan started holding SOTW Skill Of The Week Events! Its Simple, Easy & Fun!
and you may have already experienced this before in other clans or we may have already held a similar event such as this previously however I'm talking about holding one now or in the near future if bear or any of the higher ups are willing to hold these events. Cool

SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
So on the offsite we can create a Poll and everyone will have at least until the end of the week to vote for the skill they would like to train for an entire week and the player with the most gained xp within that week for that skill will win a prize or prize money, players should be able to apply to participate by writing their name on the topic for example called "SOTW August 19" and to participate one of the higher ups can collect the entry fee of 150K from each participating member and these donation fee's will go towards the prize money at the end.

WHAT WILL YOU DO DURING THE SOTW?
as mentioned above its very simple, we vote for a skill we all want to train in the xp, the skill with the most votes is what we will do during that week and the player with the most xp gained wins a prize!

Just for fun I will attach a poll to this post and If you we ever did start doing these events what skill would you want to be the first SOTW!

THIS IS ALL JUST A SUGGESTION SO IF YOU GUYS ARE INTERESTED IN DOING EVENTS SUCH AS THESE WEEKLY OR EVERY COUPLE OF WEEKS THEN LET ME KNOW BELOW YOUR VIEWS ON THIS AND MAYBE WE CAN DO SOMETHING! ALSO I DONT KNOW IF WE ARE CURRENTLY ALREADY DOING EVENTS LIKE THIS!

end of report Smile

COCOMARBELLA

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Empty Re: MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS!

Post by sunkists Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:16 am

Lol whoever also voted agility, I like your taste. tongue
sunkists

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Empty Re: MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS!

Post by Syllabic Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:22 am

Sounds like a fun idea! Good suggestion, Riisa. I'm on board, even if I don't plan on winning, haha.

Also, thanks to whoever picked the two most mind numbing skills in the game Sleep

Voting Slayer because I'm not a monster.

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:47 am

Thanks guys Smile it would be amazing plus there’s lots of active members mow in game so it would be a fun compeition!

Hahaha i know i voted for agility i dont know why i just found it fun!
COCOMARBELLA

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffin Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Wow I voted agility for the meme before I even read this and I really want it to win now lmao.

Give me an excuse to finally get my alchs going guys!

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! GpGlyzJ

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! F77sK4H

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! SHfiTAs
Muffin
Muffin

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:20 pm

I used to do something similar in an clan many years ago and it was really fun! We got like a little skill icon under our profile too if we won for that skill.
vit
vit

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 pm

We used to do them quite regularly actually, i'm not sure why they slowly disappeared.

I hope this gets traction, even if i can't participate.. the sharks wont let me leave Razz
Nixy
Nixy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemtrol Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Good idea Riisa, sounds like a fun idea to get more cc members together. Lets go RC!
Chemtrol

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:28 am

I am interested. SotW seems like it would make training feel less grindy by adding a social/competitive aspect to skilling.
OmniRick
OmniRick

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Advice Bot Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:23 pm

I know Winterodt is always a fun event... Or cooking at Rogues Den... Skilling in Seers Bank... Rooftops... We've done clan fishing trawler as well... Lots of good opportunities to get a group together!
Advice Bot

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by iNumbersz Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:04 am

What ever happened to this idea?
Lets get traction back on this!
iNumbersz

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:11 pm

I second this^^ I'll never get first but it'd be motivation to train that certain skill :p As long as it's not agility Shadoge

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Dabna10

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by ItsRainingHP Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:21 pm

I would be in on doing SOTW.
ItsRainingHP

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 am

Anyone in the clan can suggest , advertise and run an event and will get support. I have suggested in the past that we maybe make seers a meeting place, because you can wc, fire make and do agility away from the bank, as well as bank stand with other clan and chat and it has a convenient tp. Other favourite places have also been suggested. When I first played over 10 yrs ago, I did wc to 99 so was constantly banking magic logs, or selling them to fletchers! and greeting friends ( we didn't have clans as such) and it was really nice.
Now we have wc guild, and farm guild and wtdt, etc but some have requirements to enter, now w354 is a quieter world and less toxic I hear bank standers use that because of easy access to buying and selling. If you actually want a week of one activity, it will of course require a little more effort in sign ups and keeping track of participants, there again I am sure we have some very helpful and knowledgeable clan who could even provide a format. We used to have an events team, and i'd very much like to see one form again, so no one person feels overwhelmed, and nothing happens. Time zones also play an important part, to my mind that is where having a suggested designated skilling spot to log into would be great, because its where chat and ideas stem from....what does anyone else think?.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:52 am

I am all for having a clan bank to skill at, that sounds like an awesome idea and I like the idea of more clan events, not sure how a skilling comp would work though, unless someone techy could track participants?
Avallan
Avallan

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:39 am

I know it's horribly frustrating how unstable the CML servers are, but this could be a really good tool for us to use for a skill of the week related event.

https://crystalmathlabs.com/tracker/compcreate.php

Basically you can set a time for the competition, add names of the people you want in it, select the skill, and it'll track the exp during that time period automatically. We could also set a password as well to ensure no random people join in.

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Dabna10

MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm

Just to let all of you in this thread know - the SOTW event is in the works and there will be a thread up shortly! Very Happy

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback, and of course thank you Riisa for the great idea to get this event going again MAYBE WE SHOULD START DOING SOTW SKILL OF THE WEEK EVENTS! Thumb_up
Bing

kermit

Back to top Go down