+3
ladybird2
Advice Bot
Vespolar
7 posters

Go down

suggestion- Events for the Skillers Empty suggestion- Events for the Skillers

Post by Vespolar Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:46 pm

I see events a lot here that always requires you to either be able to boss or have high lvls of things. Maybe we should host skilling events where we can all meet somewhere (not in a POH or anywhere ironmen or lower lvl people couldnt make it (i.e quest locked areas) and we all vote on a skill to train together, or just all work on our own skills in the same area

suggestion- Events for the Skillers Image-10
Vespolar
Vespolar

suggestion- Events for the Skillers NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

suggestion- Events for the Skillers Empty Re: suggestion- Events for the Skillers

Post by Advice Bot Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:54 pm

Rogues den is a popular place for our Skilling events. Feel free to set one up or reach out to a rank! Anyone can host!
Advice Bot

suggestion- Events for the Skillers EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

suggestion- Events for the Skillers Empty Re: suggestion- Events for the Skillers

Post by ladybird2 Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:34 am

Camelot is also popular and since quite a few do agility they can also 'drop in', we have held in both places in the past and also kept it going to cover various time zones, and added fancy dress. Over to you, the events team will be happy to step in if you need any help. See me in game for 1m towards a fancy dress prize fund, however you want to theme it.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Nixy Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:57 pm

As a skiller at heart i agree somewhat with your point that PvM events aren't for everyone. I'm going to be a little brutally honest about how i feel about skilling events, as i believe it's important in making a positive event with a good attendance.

As a skiller I also know when I'm working on a skill the idea of stopping for a few hours to do an event with little to no reward other then a chat (That we do in the CC anyway) can seem unappealing. If you're looking to do a skilling event, there needs to be a common goal everyone can feel as though it's worth their time moving away from their current aim.

A vast majority of events are tailored like this indirectly, be it Hide & Seek for the winner prizes, or PvM from the loot gained and fashionscape for the winners too.

If you could throw out some ideas that would fit that criteria then I'm sure there would be a reasonable attendance for a skilling event too! Smile
Nixy
Nixy

suggestion- Events for the Skillers 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:42 am

I propose a Fishing Trawler event so that I don't have to suffer alone getting my angler outfit.

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraSpirit Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:27 am

Would mass WT?

suggestion- Events for the Skillers Unknown
SoraSpirit
SoraSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post by iNumbersz Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:58 am

Can do a skill of the week type of event.
Track xp gained per person for the week and have prizes for top 3 people or whatever. People can still grind at their own pace and wont have to move.
iNumbersz

Back to top Go down