Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here)

+3
COCOMARBELLA
runtellthat4
Bear
7 posters

Go down

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Empty Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here)

Post by Bear Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:46 pm

Hey, Guest!

Wait a sec.. Is that not your in-game name anymore? Or do you plan on changing it soon? Then make sure you're still getting all the credit for your offsite participation! Surprised

Here at OSRS Advice, we have many ways of participating with the clan and keeping an eye out for promotions. In fact, one thing we look for in promotions is your activity right here on the offsite! That can be hard, however, if we don't know who you are between your offsite name and your in-game name.

For example, Three Dog is only active here on the offsite, but Viking Bear is only active in the clan chat.. I wish they were both more active on each side, because someone who is active on BOTH would surely seem like someone worthy of a promotion! .. What's that? They're the same person?! Colour me shocked! (This was actually a real situation, I changed my name a lot and could have been promoted sooner had everyone known both were me. Oops! Rolling Eyes )

So to make sure everyone's activity is being properly accounted for, I've decided to make this thread explaining that and to also give instructions in case anyone is unsure how to change their offsite name here on OSRSAdvice.com.

Please note that changing your username will also change the name you log in with here on the offsite to that new name!

Changing your name is as simple as clicking "Profile" at the top of the page, then overwriting your old name with your new name in the box next to "Username", as shown in the picture below:

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Name_c11

If you'd like, you can even put your old name(s) in the "Alternate Name:" box at the bottom of that same page so we can account for past activity too!

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Screen44

After you've finished making your changes, remember to click "Save" at the bottom of the page and it's as simple as that Cool

Again, please note that changing your username will also change the name you log in with here on the offsite to the new name!

Keep in mind, it's not a requirement to have the same offsite name as your in-game name. This is simply for your benefit (so you get any recognition you may deserve) and for ours (to make sure we're promoting our best)!

As always, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. Smile

Last edited by The Bear on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Empty Re: Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here)

Post by runtellthat4 Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm

With this its going to be so much easier for everyone..it was difficult to explain in chat or pm clearly.
runtellthat4

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Empty Re: Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here)

Post by COCOMARBELLA Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Thank you for this short name change guide I was actually have thoughts on changing my name in game today and I just happened to think about this process glad I looked this up to get a refresh reminder on this Smile
COCOMARBELLA

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) Empty opps forgot to change on here

Post by Maria Kati Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 am

Yes changing it! Very Happy Last time lmao
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodjery Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:04 am

LOL no way I change it , hahah at least not for the moment, as I would need another explanation in "Spanish" Very Happy Very Happy
Still just old Bod, as usual Smile
Bodjery
Bodjery

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Risa Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:58 pm

rsn changed from Bloomsky to BBY GIRL AK.
Risa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bu Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Changed RSN and my name here from Wijoux to Duckota Smile go me
Bu
Bu

Change your in-game name? Change your offsite name too! (Instructions Here) M2gyq

Back to top Go down