Slayer for the Gainz

5 posters

Go down

Slayer for the Gainz Empty Slayer for the Gainz

Post by You r a qt Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:33 pm

What's up guys, today I wanted to just post on what I consider to be good for making money AND experience if you're training slayer. I'm sorry if this text contains mistakes as French is my main language, not English.

Note : I do not consider this being the best way of slaying, I'm just showing you what I do, why I think it is good, and why you should try it out!

Also, i'm only 91 slayer at the moment, so if you're higher, you could add things like Cerb and Smokes

Firstly, the task giving more exp :

Kalphites :
Great cannon task, it's fast and rewards me with good exp overall. I'll clearly continue to do them, and I'm clearly not going to kill KQ since I do not think it's worth, except if I wanted the pet. So stick to the soldiers.

Nechs :
I burst them to get some nice magic and slayer exp. I also loot with an alt so in the end, the gp loss is very low for the exp rates I get.

Dust devils :
Like for the previous monster, I burst them in the Catacombs for the same reasons. Nothing else to say about them.

Suqahs :
Not extended, the task takes about 6-7 minutes, and it's not that bad of exp, you should consider doing it. That's all for them

Trolls :
Since I can't skip every task i want, I do ice trolls because they're not that bad exp and the drops make cannoning them not expensive at all. Your choice to do them or to skip tho.

(You could add smoke devils here, as they're the best task for slayer exp at the moment in the game, but as said earlier, I do not have the slayer requirements for these, so that's why I didn't include them)

Now, the task giving money, the profit tasks :

Cave Krakens :
I think the pet is really cool so I'm doing the task to get it. Also, the profit you make from there isn't as bad as people say (of course not as good as Zulrah and things like that) and I can average about 600-800k gp/hr in regular drops, including the supplies cost. I don't know if I'll do it after getting the pet though, will see in the future

Dagannoths :
I kill the DKS, solo. I suggest you to look at some guide before trying them out and also, getting frem diary is almost essential for profi. The noted bones end up being 1-2m bonus profit per task, so that's something you shouldn't miss!

Gargoyles :
With bludgeon, you literally crush them alive, and the profit coming from them is actually kinda good for a normal monster! Boss isn't an option imo, since the gp/hr is lower than for the normal gargoyles.

Abyssal Demons :
Could do Sire, but i do not have the gear atm so i just kill the normal sized ones. I do them in the Catacombs since they're pretty afk there (multi-combat) and the whip drop is kinda nice to see on the floor when you get it.

(You could add Cerberus here if you have 91 slayer, but I do not have the req, so I cannot kill the doggo at the moment)

Points boosting tasks :
`

Black Dragons :
I kill the babies in taverley dungeon, they are a very fast task, it takes only few minutes to complete it. You could do brutal black dragons to get good profit, but I really hate these, so I only kill the baby as a point booster.

Dark Beasts :
I kill the ones in the Mourning's tunnel, since you can cannon them. Same thing as black dragons, they're very fast because of the low number assigned.

And now, the blocklist and reasons why I block these tasks :

Spirituals creatures :
Bad exp, bad gp, no reason to do them

Black demons :
So common and annoying. You use a lot of supplies (cannonballs and ppots) but do not get a lot of experience in returns.
(You could do Harambes if you want some gp, the Zenyte is at 9,7m at the moment I'm editing this guide)

[/b]
Bloodvelds :
Common, meh exp, not good gp, and I hate them

Fire giants:
Same thing as bloodvelds.

Hellhounds:
I do not have the gear to kill Cerb, and the small doggos aren't really good and VERY common, so i blocked them.

Greater demons :
They're not good experience, and have no drops. Wouldn't suggest them to anyone that doesn't want to kill Zamy.

All the other tasks, I skip,

So, in conclusion, I want you to know that this little guide, if we can call this a guide, isn't what you SHOULD and NEED to do in order to be a good slayer or whatever. You can change the task you want to skip-do, edit the block list like you want, etc. I just gave out some info about how I slay and how I enjoy it.
I wish it was helpful for some people (if it wasn't, well, i guess I'll try harder next time) and that you will use some of the info up there for your daily slayer gainz. Have a good day, and feel free to leave a constructive reply if you think I could've made some better things. See you later!

Last edited by TheNumberOne on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
You r a qt

Back to top Go down

Slayer for the Gainz Empty Re: Slayer for the Gainz

Post by markg Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:18 am

Very informative, learnt a lot for slayer training.

I personally quite like blowpiping bloodveld tasks in the catacombs, I was getting 100k range xp an hour and decent slayer xp.
markg
markg

Back to top Go down

Post by SwekSpek Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:03 am

I don't see bloodvelds as a bad xp task tbh, I melee them (pray melee, using superpots + pray piety). I get pretty good xp + superiors + loads of blood runes to make up for all the pray pots most of the time. I didn't like them at first tho, but starting to get used to them since you slice right through them LOL :p.

Also if you want a good money task: Black Demons is the way to go, kill those demonic gorillas! Good regular drops + zenyte shard (9M ish iirc). It's a very slow task, but very good gp-wise! (MM2 required)

I like that it was kind of a personal guide, like not 100% gp or xp-efficient, but just what are fun tasks, or easy tasks or tasks worth doing in your opinion. You can do cerberus with 89 slayer tho, just use wild pies and kill it (I never did that, because I also blocked hellhounds till 91 slayer tongue )

Slayer for the Gainz 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by You r a qt Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 pm

SwekSpek wrote:I don't see bloodvelds as a bad xp task tbh, I melee them (pray melee, using superpots + pray piety). I get pretty good xp + superiors + loads of blood runes to make up for all the pray pots most of the time. I didn't like them at first tho, but starting to get used to them since you slice right through them LOL :p.

Also if you want a good money task: Black Demons is the way to go, kill those demonic gorillas! Good regular drops + zenyte shard (9M ish iirc). It's a very slow task, but very good gp-wise! (MM2 required)

I like that it was kind of a personal guide, like not 100% gp or xp-efficient, but just what are fun tasks, or easy tasks or tasks worth doing in your opinion. You can do cerberus with 89 slayer tho, just use wild pies and kill it (I never did that, because I also blocked hellhounds till 91 slayer tongue )

Yeah, but my problem with Bloodvelds is that I'd rather spend time getting a lot of money (DKS, Gargoyles, etc) or a lot of EXP (Nechs, Kalphites, etc) than having a little bit of both. That's my opinion tho, but I guess they're not as bad as I thought Smile

Also, thanks for the Demonic Gorillas info, forgot about those. Will edit the Black Demons part
You r a qt

Back to top Go down

Post by You r a qt Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 pm

markg wrote:Very informative, learnt a lot for slayer training.

I personally quite like blowpiping bloodveld tasks in the catacombs, I was getting 100k range xp an hour and decent slayer xp.

Yeah I guess use Blowpipe isn't bad, since there's only few cannon tasks on my list. So the range EXP you get could add up over time. Thanks for the info, and glad you learnt from it Smile Have a good day
You r a qt

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:44 am

I slayed the cheap way, I hardly blocked anything as I like variety, and what I didn't fancy on any day I skipped for 30 points.
I used sgs which saves a huge amount of money and runexbow mostly with broad bolts.
I did enjoy spiritual creatures, mainly warriors for the alchable drops which gave me free magic and seemed a much better bet than dboots which didn't drop as often as I would like, although there was a buff.
Since I stopped slaying at 17m exp they have moved so many things around and I am now out of the loop as regards where everything is. I don't boss either, so I remain a fairly poor slayer money wise, having said that I always had enough and never wasted cannon balls on tasks that had small or no reward. Mine is not the way for ambitious people or those that want money or fast experience, but as you see , I did love it enough to keep going long after I had my 99.
I think its by far the best way to train combat and the earlier you start the better, and if you get stuck change your task rather than abandon slaying for a while. You will make stacks of points eventually and be able to buy all the things you want. Above all enjoy what you do, don't start thinking of it as a grind.
ladybird2

Slayer for the Gainz NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by 11 Eleven Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:09 pm

Great list!

I didn't necessarily do the best xp tasks, I just did things I enjoyed. Personally cash wasn't a big issue for me so tasks like black demons were good xp and afk. Generally leaned towards afk tasks more ;D

Slayer for the Gainz U7euiv5

Back to top Go down