Vigilantly
901Grizzlies
Syllabic
Tinnitus
OmniRick
Gold Mew
10 posters

Go down

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range Empty Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range

Post by Gold Mew Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:28 pm

This is just a simple guide to share some knowledge.

Wilderness Slayer in my opinion is the most efficient method in the game (@50k+xp/hour) and is also profitible, especially with Larren's Keys

Step 1:
The Setup:
Craws Bow
Cannon
d'hide
slayer helm
avas device
blighted restores
looting bag
food
1 - stamina

Step 2:
Block List:
Bear (BLOCK)
Ent (BLOCK)
Revenant (BLOCK  maybe...  with recent updates if clans are not camping every world, than unblock)
Rogue (BLOCK)
Dark Warrior (BLOCK)
Earth Warrior (BLOCK)

Step 3:
Extend all demon tasks + ankou

Step 4:
Use cannon on ALL tasks, almost every task is multi-combat, and if not you can still setup the cannon.

Step 5:
When you stop caring about slayer points, I advise skipping all non-extended tasks so that you only have extended demon / ankou tasks and Chaos Druids. (greater demons, lesser demons, black demons, and ankou)    

Results:
50k+ Slayer XP Per Hour
Enough Larren's Keys to cover costs of cannonballs / craws bow ether
100k+ "free" Range Xp /Hour
Expect additional profit from drops

Side Note:
You rarely ever see PKers, and even if you do, a glory amulet (which you should be using) can teleport out of most tasks. If you do die, you won't lose much as you will be wearing welfare gear so expect ~100k loss in equipment, perhaps 200k loss in ether/cannonballs, so don't let the "wilderness" scare you.

Additionally, if you want to switch over to normal slayer tasks when higher slayer level to do profitable tasks you can (hopefully wilderness slayer will give you plenty of points to skip skip skip)

(I'll update this guide at some point with pictures and such, just wanted to share this asap)

Last edited by Gold Mew on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range Empty Re: Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range

Post by OmniRick Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:28 am

Interesting info, thanks for posting. Why block bears and earth warriors, can't you cannon those too?
OmniRick
OmniRick

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range Empty Re: Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range

Post by Gold Mew Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:36 am

OmniRick wrote:Interesting info, thanks for posting. Why block bears and earth warriors, can't you cannon those too?

There's just not enough bears and they take too long to respawn. Same with earth warriors, its single-combat in a very confined space, so it just takes too long to complete the task.

Additionally, they both have a task weight of 6 (which means they are very common tasks)

Although if you get far enough along where you have plenty of points to skip tasks, than having the heaviest weighted tasks would be your best bet. The one's i listed are just my personal most hated tasks due to the length of time it takes to complete them, the xp you get, the weight, and the money making potential.
Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:18 pm

Thanks for the write up, Mew. I personally don't see myself doing much wildy slayer, but I do have a question. Are you experienced with doing any wildy bosses? I'm going to start the hunt for the d pick soon. I'm wondering what my best bet would be. I've done around 30 or so vetion kills, it's just super slow because of all the pkers, lol.

Cheers bud!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gold Mew Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:22 am

Tinnitus wrote:Thanks for the write up, Mew. I personally don't see myself doing much wildy slayer, but I do have a question. Are you experienced with doing any wildy bosses? I'm going to start the hunt for the d pick soon. I'm wondering what my best bet would be. I've done around 30 or so vetion kills, it's just super slow because of all the pkers, lol.

Cheers bud!

Definitely not. I don't like doing any bosses in runescape, still have trouble at JAD haha
Gold Mew
Gold Mew

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:23 am

Gold Mew wrote:
Tinnitus wrote:Thanks for the write up, Mew. I personally don't see myself doing much wildy slayer, but I do have a question. Are you experienced with doing any wildy bosses? I'm going to start the hunt for the d pick soon. I'm wondering what my best bet would be. I've done around 30 or so vetion kills, it's just super slow because of all the pkers, lol.

Cheers bud!

Definitely not. I don't like doing any bosses in runescape, still have trouble at JAD haha

Gotcha. Viku posted a really nice guide on the forums here on the Fight Caves, just saying Smile

I'm always hoping there is some super op secret method to getting a dragon pickaxe that is around that no one shares... guess I'll just have to suck it up at Vetion =p

Cheers again!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:12 pm

Thanks for the guide, Mew! Doubt I'll be doing much Wildy Slayer myself, at least for the foreseeable future, but it's nice to have something to point to when people are asking about it in the CC. Much appreciated Smile

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by 901Grizzlies Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 pm

Gold Mew wrote:Additionally, if you want to switch over to normal slayer tasks when higher slayer level to do profitable tasks you can

Hello I am noob at Slayer. I keep hearing about profitable slayer tasks / levels but can't describe what that looks like if you quizzed me.

Heard gargoyles are good but that requires 75 Slayer which is up there. Know anything before that? Abberant spectres weren't half bad.

The write-up is great by the way. I'll be giving wilderness tasks a try.
901Grizzlies
901Grizzlies

Back to top Go down

Post by Vigilantly Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Interesting. May want to give this a shot for a while. My block list is empty rn anyways!
Vigilantly
Vigilantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 7 Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Thank you for the info here, been getting ready to do some Wildy slayer myself and get some of those Larren keys for the Dagon'Hai set to complete the collection log.
Joe 7

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Wilderness Slayer - The Best way to Train Slayer and Range Empty nice

Post by torvatoaster Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:26 pm

nice guide! great tips! Very Happy
torvatoaster
torvatoaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R ogue Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:25 pm

thank you for making this guide, im definitely going to be using it for easy points for slayer and getting my ranged up in the future.
R ogue
R ogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Karl / MKY Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:54 am

Commenting so I can back to this at a later date Very Happy
Karl / MKY
Karl / MKY

Back to top Go down