+2
shopferix
CRKDPug
6 posters

Go down

Introduction - Beeg Onion Empty Introduction - Beeg Onion

Post by CRKDPug Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:24 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm no stranger to OSRS Advice, and some of you might remember me from my last active period nearly 5 years ago on the account "KorbenDallas". Since then, a lot has changed in both life and the CC. I moved on from college to the east coast of the US, and found that my playtime became sporadic, to say the least. Many of my friends and clan-mates from that time period have also moved on from the game. However, I like to think that no one ever truly quits the game; they simply go through periods of long breaks. In the last few years, I have found success in my career, as well as happiness in the love of my life. It is with much pride that I can say my wife is the reason I have become much more active in the last few months.

Even though my playtime decreased, I always found time to log in to KorbenDallas occasionally and complete the newest quest or try out the latest boss. PvM and raiding were always my favorite activities. My wife (girlfriend at the time) would always laugh at me and share that she had her "Run-Escape" period when she was growing up as well, but she never played beyond logging in to be social with friends. I always tried to get her to create an account and play with me, but she declined every chance we got. That changed roughly 1 month ago when I finally convinced her to play with me. Realistically, I think she said yes because she ran out of things to do in Tears of the Kingdom... Regardless, we created a duo group ironman account named "TheOnionBoys".

The first few weeks of us playing were a shock to her, as I led her through efficient ways to train and optimal quest orderings, taking advantage of each click we made. She commented on how the game has become procedural and asked numerous times, "So when do we start PLAYING the game?" However, I believe she has grown to accept RuneScape as the game "we love to hate". I have thoroughly enjoyed the time we have shared so far. When we achieved 99 firemaking together at Wintertodt, she was excited to use her baking skills and baked a celebratory cake, an exact replica of the cakes we stole from Ardougne and stuffed our faces with during the training.

A lot of this introduction may have seemed like a shout-out to my wife, and frankly, a lot of it is. But it showcases the deeper reasoning behind why I always come back to OSRS Advice. The sense of sharing both triumphs and failures when we play this game is what makes communities like this great. I'm not only excited for the rest of the journey for my wife and me, but equally as much for the opportunity to introduce her to this community and make new friends along the way. So for the foreseeable future, I hope to see you all in the CC, sharing your successes.

—Beeg Onion

P.S. One of the biggest reasons I look forward to earning my rank back in the CC is so I can finally see the clan broadcasts for drops and achievements. I'm always so curious when the large wave of "GZ" comes in and I have to speculate!
CRKDPug
CRKDPug

abbyssal

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Beeg Onion Empty Re: Introduction - Beeg Onion

Post by shopferix Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:42 am

Heya Beeg and welcome back!

I would agree with you that one does not simply quit this game. I have gone through multiple year plus breaks on RS3 (and 3+ years for EoC if memory serves). There is always something that draws me back in.

I couldn't agree with you more about sharing the triumphs and defeats (and sometimes the annoyances of the grind). There is something special about sharing your best, and sometimes worst moments with people who helped you get there.

All the best with TheOnionBoys and see you around!
shopferix
shopferix

Introduction - Beeg Onion YP5zkAJ

KBD

Back to top Go down

Post by 11RC Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:52 pm

I also enjoy seeing people's achievements come in, looking forward to ranking up too! Good luck to you
11RC
11RC

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:23 am

Good to have you back in CC again, Korben Pepo Heart And glad to hear you're getting so much mileage out of GIM! It really does shine when you have a good group of folks to enjoy it with.

Introduction - Beeg Onion NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:49 pm

Welcome back CRKDPug,

I came about the clan after you took your break, But glad to meet you. Congratz on the career and wife! I recently got married a few months ago myself. Life is great when you find the one. Time from time I have the wife get on and set so I don't log off while doing something, but Shes never really got into this game lol. It would be awesome to share the experience with her but at the same time.. I need my game time.. Man that sounded rude lol.

Hey Very well done on the intro. Glad to see you are back and I am sure I will see you sooner or later in the cc. Gratz!!!
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

Introduction - Beeg Onion YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by 01jack444444 Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:08 am

welcome back im sure there a lot of new faces here since you last logged in yet im sure you will see a lot of old faces as well either good to have you back good luck on the scaping.
01jack444444
01jack444444

Back to top Go down