Alexander
Purple Dude
Lady of God
9 posters

Go down

My Intro Empty My Intro

Post by Lady of God Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:28 pm

Hi everyone
I've been playing RS/OSRS for 19 years. Tried quitting several times lol.
Been playing alone for several years now, and it's lonely.
I play very casually mainly due to low vision, but also with no friends there is no motivation to work/play hard.
I am pretty quiet nowadays, so I may not talk much.
I am just really looking for some company and friendships.
I am an older woman. 54 yrs old. I used to know many older women in game. Not sure if there are any now.
I live in Wisconsin.
My husband plays osrs too, and he might also be joining.
Even though I've been playing for so many years, because it's been so casual and alone, my knowledge of osrs is little now. It's probably been 10 yrs since I went to godwars, so I don't remember it much. And I've not done any other raids or bosses types of things. And I might not ever do so.
I loved farming so much that it is my only 99 skill. I used to love rc, but now I wonder how ever did I get 99 rc before in rs?? I will still plug away at it lol.
I was introduced to discord a few yrs ago, but rarely used it. There will be a learning curve! And I am not sure if I will use it much for this or not. I hope that isn't going to be a problem.
Ranks. I don't need a rank. I know I wouldn't be much help to anyone, so it doesn't matter to me.
Lady of God
Lady of God

Back to top Go down

My Intro Empty Re: My Intro

Post by Purple Dude Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:16 am

Heya Lady and welcome to the Clan ^^

And there is no such thing as quitting runescape, people that "quit" just take really long breaks xD But welcome back nonetheless Very Happy

I totally agree that the game can get kinda lonely without being part of a community while playing, I hope you find us to be a decent enough community, at least we got plenty of events both for bossing and skilling, so should introduce you to various activities ^^

It is also okay to be quiet, but feel free to say hello to everyone when you join the game when you play, or pitch in if you feel a discussion going on is something you like to weigh in, doesn't have to be super effective advice, it is okay to just talk about nothing Smile

While I would say that the average age in the clan is around 30, we do have a few older and younger than the average, so age 54 is honestly nothing unusual, I am sure you will discover them as you continue staying around ^^

Be sure to visit the farming guild, incase you haven't already, that is where you see the most people with 99 Farming like you Very Happy
There is a new minigame called Guardians of the Rift, which makes rc kinda fun, definitely something to check out if you considering going for it !

And discord is entirely voluntary, can get rank easily without it, like someone named "Its Ash" in the clan, have yet to get Discord too and he made it to Diamond rank somehow xD

If you are active in the clan chat, that is more or less all that is needed, which is why I recommend you participate in the chat, being quiet can make the rank slower, since ranks essentially are a democratic discussion among mods, and if someone doesn't talk much, it is harder to gain an impression of them Smile
Coming to events can also help + You get to know your fellow clannies that way too ^^

And please don't say you won't be of much help, while we are an advice clan, we are also a social clan, you don't need to be the best advice giver to be welcome, being friendly and nice to talk to, can be plenty. Can still get ranks even if all you do is get advice/ask questions Very Happy
Hope you enjoy the clan and will be nice to see if your husband joins too ! ^^

bounce bounce

My Intro NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:27 pm

Howdy Lady of God,

I agree with Purple Dude, you never "quit" RuneScape. Wink

Glad to meet another Wisconsinite. Smile

It's completely okay to simply do your own thing and just hang out in the chat. I personally don't use Discord as much as others, but this site and the chat is more than enough for me.

Can't wait to see you in-game!

Alexander
Alexander
Alexander

My Intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:45 pm

Weclome to the cc Smile I am the state East of you Very Happy
I also "quit" a couple times but RS just scratches that itch no other game seems to be able to.
Socialize to your comfort level! And offer advice to budding farmers if you'd like (: But also feel free to ask any questions! There is a new RC minigame that I think is quite fun, and that's coming from someone who very much dislikes the original RC methods. Guardians of the Rift! Members seem to always be playing games, so just reach out in chat and I'm sure someone can teach you how to play. Smile
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

My Intro YP5zkAJ

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:17 am

Welcome to the cc , I hope you love it, the guys seem to have all angles covered, i'm more a social player and love the company, which has made my attempt at quitting almost impossible...and I am most likely the oldest in the cc.
Main thing for me ,is to have fun you can tell by my stats what I dont do, so I avoid, we have a lovely mix and some of our maxed players have moved on to iron status and enjoy that too, so always loads of help and advice, i learn things every day.
See you in game...my pm is always open Smile
ladybird2

My Intro NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by shopferix Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:12 am

Heya Lady and welcome to the clan and offsite! 
First off I can attest that this game does seem to be much more enjoyable when you have some other to talk to! I hope you are enjoying your time here with us so far and you find the social aspect of the game you were missing! 
All the best and see you around.
shopferix
shopferix

My Intro YP5zkAJ

KBD

Back to top Go down

Post by lilhob Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:59 pm

welcome, Lady! I was the same as you, playing on and off for a long time but playing alone so never really knew the game to well.

Its great to be apart of the clan and also not need a rank but you definitely don't need to be on discord much or offer lots of advice - I am hardly on discord and I don't have much advice to give to players (most know a lot more than me Razz) but hasn't stopped me getting a rank.

Anyway, its a great clan - I hope you enjoy it and find connection, even if its just reading the conversations happening + how nice that your husband plays too! I tried to convince mine.. but it is so far a no go XD

See you in game!
lilhob
lilhob

My Intro YP5zkAJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by KingNightfury Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:34 pm

welcome to the clan! i've also "quit" like 50 times by now! but cant ever truly escape! hope to see you around!
KingNightfury

My Intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:58 pm

Welcome! I'm glad you chosen Osrsadvice community to come back to! Everyone here is very easy to get a long with and welcoming.  Everyone is always willing to help and answer any questions that you have.

I have been in your position. This game is so much better having friends to play with. I started back in 2007-08 on rs2 when all my friends in real life played. The years went on I would play on and off. Every time I logged on it seemed as if those friends were less and less on the game! Then when I came back a few years ago I found this clan it seemed like osrs vibe was back for me! Every time I log in I am greeted nicely makes you feel truly apart of a family here. You picked the right clan no doubt!

Glad to have you here and let your husband know he is very much welcome to join us also Very Happy
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

My Intro YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down