Making an introduction.

+4
Shh Gg | Small Pulley
Syllabic
ladybird2
Kamav
8 posters

Go down

Making an introduction. Empty Making an introduction.

Post by Kamav Wed May 26, 2021 7:25 am

Hello! Uh, not very good at these...

My name is Evie, or Evelyn, or Eves, or whatever else someone decides to call me, and I go by 'Evie Fae' in game. I joined about two weeks or so ago, both to OSRS and to the clan-now-channel-now-clan, and I've had some good fun learning the ropes of RuneScape with you all.

I'm a disabled trans woman from the UK, so I've been on RuneScape a *lot* both as an escapism and coping tool with some iffier stuff going on in my life, and having a friendly group around to talk to and be amongst is just real swell.

I'm not the best with social stuff, and this past year of being basically isolated and solitary hasn't really helped, but seeing familiar faces (or... Names) when I log in almost makes me feel like I'm making friends again. Very Happy

I could list a whole bunch of things about me here but I feel like I'm kinda putting a spotlight on myself and I feel real timid right now so I'm gonna go back to smacking rocks, okaythanksbye. ^^;
Kamav
Kamav

Back to top Go down

Making an introduction. Empty Re: Making an introduction.

Post by ladybird2 Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 am

welcome and glad to have you with us. A lot of us have found isolating difficult and it has been great to catch up with friends and make new ones on here in the meantime. So many of us think of it as 'family' and it enhances our game time.
Good luck with your goals on here and see you in game, i'm from england and live in Somerset, so we likely play similar hours, my pm is always open. Smile
ladybird2

Making an introduction. NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed May 26, 2021 10:20 am

Hi Evie! Good to see you on here! I love the avatar you picked Thumbs Up

I've really benefited a lot from the CC while going through some tough times over the past couple years. The game can be run of the mill escapism at times, sure, but I've also met a lot of really good friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. Especially with quarantine making our online interactions all the more important.

Stick around long enough and you'll probably end up in the same boat. Genuinely couldn't ask for a more accepting community.

And, no need to say more than you're comfortable with. That was just fine Smile

Good to have you with us officially!

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shh Gg | Small Pulley Wed May 26, 2021 10:25 am

Hey Evie, glad to hear you've found the clan a place to chat with friends, even better if it's helped you with stuff going on in the real world. Good luck on your goals and thanks for the intro, see ya around Very Happy

Making an introduction. 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamav Wed May 26, 2021 10:46 am

ladybird2 wrote:welcome and glad to have you with us. A lot of us have found isolating difficult and it has been great to catch up with friends and make new ones on here in the meantime. So many of us think of it as 'family' and it enhances our game time.
Good luck with your goals on here and see you in game, i'm from england and live in Somerset, so we likely play similar hours, my pm is always open. Smile

Glad to be here! It seems way more positive than I was expecting of an MMO space, so it's made logging in a fair bit brighter. ^^

Syllabic wrote:Hi Evie! Good to see you on here! I love the avatar you picked Thumbs Up

I've really benefited a lot from the CC while going through some tough times over the past couple years. The game can be run of the mill escapism at times, sure, but I've also met a lot of really good friends that I wouldn't trade for the world. Especially with quarantine making our online interactions all the more important.

Stick around long enough and you'll probably end up in the same boat. Genuinely couldn't ask for a more accepting community.

And, no need to say more than you're comfortable with. That was just fine Smile

Good to have you with us officially!

Thank you! I hope I'll end up in that boat too, I'll bring a paddle just in case! Very Happy Also re: the avatar, it's my logo from when I used to stream (had it custom made!), so I'm glad you like it, hehe. ^^

Shh Gg | Small Pulley wrote:Hey Evie, glad to hear you've found the clan a place to chat with friends, even better if it's helped you with stuff going on in the real world. Good luck on your goals and thanks for the intro, see ya around Very Happy

Hope to see you around too, thank you so much for the welcome. ^^
Kamav
Kamav

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed May 26, 2021 11:05 am

Evie Fae wrote:Also re: the avatar, it's my logo from when I used to stream (had it custom made!), so I'm glad you like it, hehe. ^^

It's very pretty! On a related note, if you ever start streaming again, we have a Discord channel where you can advertise if you like. I always try to check them out when I can Pepo Hugs
Syllabic
Syllabic

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed May 26, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi Evie,

Thanks for your intro! It's great to have you here Happy Pepo

Evie Fae wrote:I'm not the best with social stuff, and this past year of being basically isolated and solitary hasn't really helped, but seeing familiar faces (or... Names) when I log in almost makes me feel like I'm making friends again. Very Happy

Truthfully I've never been really good with social stuff either, although I think I've improved over the years. Who's to judge though, that's just how I'm wired. Most people wouldn't stop to think about the amazing impact online friends can have (though COVID has certainly changed that to an extent). It's great to learn more about you, it seems like you are fitting in very well here Smile
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Wed May 26, 2021 10:30 pm

Wow, so many sign ups today Etongo

Welcome Evie, nice to see you here, that's quite a nice introduction Smile

I've only seen you on Shooting Stars duty, are you just doing anything more than mining at the moment?
OmniRick
OmniRick

Making an introduction. YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crux Wed May 26, 2021 11:44 pm

Hi Evie! I'm glad you found us Smile Our clan is full of some pretty awesome people and I'm happy we're able to provide some joy, no matter how small! Coming back to OSRS and reconnecting with the clan definitely made the isolation more bearable! See you around!
The Crux
The Crux

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamav Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 am

Tinnitus wrote:Hi Evie,

Thanks for your intro! It's great to have you here Happy Pepo

Evie Fae wrote:I'm not the best with social stuff, and this past year of being basically isolated and solitary hasn't really helped, but seeing familiar faces (or... Names) when I log in almost makes me feel like I'm making friends again. Very Happy

Truthfully I've never been really good with social stuff either, although I think I've improved over the years. Who's to judge though, that's just how I'm wired. Most people wouldn't stop to think about the amazing impact online friends can have (though COVID has certainly changed that to an extent). It's great to learn more about you, it seems like you are fitting in very well here Smile

The folk here genuinely seem quite nice. ^^ A lot of other OSRS spaces are either hyper competitive or kinda toxic, it's refreshing to see people acting like people instead of, I dunno... Some kinda frat house?

Thanks for the welcome, it's nice to meet you!

OmniRick wrote:Wow, so many sign ups today Etongo

Welcome Evie, nice to see you here, that's quite a nice introduction Smile

I've only seen you on Shooting Stars duty, are you just doing anything more than mining at the moment?

I'm currently mining up a storm both as a moneymaker and to get full prospecting outfit and 70+ mining, but then I'm right back to slayer and questing. I got 100 quest points recently and I'm allllmost to 50 slayer. Very Happy

The Crux wrote:Hi Evie! I'm glad you found us Smile Our clan is full of some pretty awesome people and I'm happy we're able to provide some joy, no matter how small! Coming back to OSRS and reconnecting with the clan definitely made the isolation more bearable! See you around!

Hey, thank you! It really has for me too. Nice to meet you by the way!
Kamav
Kamav

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Thu May 27, 2021 10:08 am

Welcome to the clan Very Happy
Osrs is certainly a good escape if things aren't too awesome IRL, and although the clan can't replace normal interaction IRL, it can still help in making you feel part of something, which I hope you feel, if not now, then eventually Smile
bounce

Back to top Go down