DabbingBrb
Spiritika
Chcn
Tinnitus
Syllabic
Ahiram
11 posters

Go down

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player Empty Introduction - Returning Ancient Player

Post by Ahiram Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:22 am

Greetings!

I have been playing Runescape on and off since 2005, however I jumped ship like most people when EoC came out. I played OSRS since it's release here and there so I have made some progress but never really stuck to it. I'd say I am more of a casual player since 'adulting' seems to take a lot of time of my hands. Regardless, I have been drawn to the game again Smile.

A bit about me. I'm from the UK, London - greatest city in the world if I do say so myself. I have a degree in computer science and I am a software developer, got to say though, I do like the retro feel of this website. I am a recent graduate so I have a bit more time on my hands to play.

OSRS wise, no particular goals, just playing casually for fun but I do enjoy skilling and quests here and there, I am one of those that actually like to sit and read the quest dialogs. So yeah, no goals for me, just casual fun and see what happens. Joining this clan after lurking in the clan chat and found the vibes to be a great addition to the game, so I look forward to playing with you all. Cool
Ahiram
Ahiram

KBD

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player Empty Re: Introduction - Returning Ancient Player

Post by Syllabic Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:38 am

Hey Ahiram, welcome to the clan. Hopefully we'll be a good motivator for you, even as a casual player. Or, if not, at least a friendly place to "waste" (to phrase it as uncharitably as possible) some time. That's always how I've used it best, anyway Smile Strict goals can be good for keeping you on track, but also tend to turn the game into more of a full-time job if you're not good at tempering them, in my experience. At the end of the day, I play OSRS to relax, and maybe socialize a bit. Making tangible progress as far as the actual gameplay loop goes is rather secondary. Least, that's what I like to tell myself after a long, hard day of bankstanding.

And, ya know, we don't get many people raving about the offsite's design direction these days, haha. Glad someone out there appreciates its form, rather than just the function. There's always the Discord server if you get tired of it, too Wink

Looking forward to having you along for the ride. Be sure to reach out if you need anything.

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player Empty Re: Introduction - Returning Ancient Player

Post by Tinnitus Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 am

Hi Ahiram,

Welcome to the clan and offsite! Congrats on your recent graduation - I know a few people who have graduated in CS and have awesome jobs and love the work they do. Seems like a nice field to be in from what I've seen.  

When you have no specific goals, that can definitely bring out sense of fun and adventure in the game. Rather than grinding out specific stuff, you can do what you want at the time. There's absolutely no fault in that Smile

Be seeing ya in game!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chcn Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:22 am

Welcome to the clan Ahiram! Very Happy
Chcn
Chcn

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi Ahiram,
Like you, I've been playing RuneScape for quite a while though not quite as long as you - since 2006 for me and continuing when it transitioned into RS3/EOC though I no longer actively play RS3. I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile and only frequently within the last few months and have been enjoying it immensely.

Also like you, I actually read all the quest dialogues. I also read all the books and journal and even examine NPCs and items while questing. I love the lore and the quest stories. Quests are my favorite thing to do in game!

I've been part of this clan for a few months and have found everyone to be friendly and helpful. Welcome to the clan. Smile

Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Ahiram Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:51 am

Thanks everyone! Nice to meet with people who have a similar approach to the game. I look forward to playing with you all Very Happy.
Ahiram
Ahiram

KBD

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:50 pm

Welcome back man Smile Having a clan chat to talk to just as you do random mundane things is honestly one of the main reasons I've played for so long since joining. The happy/friendly vibes don't hurt either :p Hope you enjoy your time with us!

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player Dabna10

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by The Crux Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:49 pm

Hey man, welcome back! We've got a lot of veteran players who dipped once EOC came around lol, myself included.
I started OSRS and have played on and off throughout the years, and have been "ON" again recently. I've been taking a similar approach with casualness - just questing, slayer, and skills here and there.

See you around Smile
The Crux
The Crux

Introduction - Returning Ancient Player U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by occeann Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:39 pm

heck yea! nice to see you got some more time! welcome!
occeann
occeann

Back to top Go down

Post by elemntsk8ter Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:08 am

Welcome home Smile
elemntsk8ter
elemntsk8ter

Back to top Go down

Post by LordQuite Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Welcome back to OSRS dude. Hope to see ya in game.
LordQuite
LordQuite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:11 pm

Heyooo! How are ya? I was similar -- played until around EOC and dropped off the game until a couple years ago. Looking forward to seeing you in game as well Cool
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down