Tinnitus
Midase
EvanK-Hell
noelemahc
Syllabic
Fat Wart
16 posters

Go down

Most loved Runescape zone or area? Empty Most loved Runescape zone or area?

Post by Fat Wart Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:10 pm

So the last post I did about our favorite music blew up quite a bit, and that was some time ago. So now I want to know what all of your favorite zones/areas are and why. And @Its Ash, I want you to pick something besides the Grand Exchange if possible.

If I had to pick one it would be the Fishing Guild. Perhaps a blend of nostalgia and scenery, and a little bit of exclusivity, I have always felt at home inside the gates of that place.

So...what is your favorite?
Fat Wart
Fat Wart

Back to top Go down

Most loved Runescape zone or area? Empty Re: Most loved Runescape zone or area?

Post by Syllabic Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Fat Wart wrote:And @Its Ash, I want you to pick something besides the Grand Exchange if possible.

Hah, good luck getting Ash to even look at the offsite.

I'm a really big fan of some of the stuff they've added in recent years. Fossil Island's on the list for sure. They did a good job making the environment feel varied, but also well-blended, in a relatively small space. Lots of great utility there as well. It's a location most players likely find themselves visiting regularly.

Mount Karuulm is another one that really stood out to me when I came back to the game. Was the first time I can remember myself actually saying "Damn, this looks cool".

And, perhaps my absolute favourite, Prif. Awesome questline with an awesome end-game area as a reward. It's enormous, but I've never felt like any of the space was misused, or pointless filler. And c'mon, have you seen The Gauntlet?

If we want to limit the locations to true Old School content, my answer would probably be somewhere in Morytania or the Kharidian Desert. Meiyerditch does an excellent job of driving home the grim, oppressive aesthetic. Same with Sophanem, with their devastating plagues. I'd really like to see that area expanded at some point. Morytania's already gotten a lot of love recently, so I'm hopeful.

Most loved Runescape zone or area? NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by noelemahc Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:09 pm

For me it's seers bank. Always peaceful, but back in the day it used to be chaotic with people selling gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by EvanK-Hell Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:42 pm

For afk skills like cooking, fletch, crafting and herb i like to sit in the Varrock west bank. It's close to GE and has 1 click back.

For afk training i like Fossil Island, such a chill and well made area.

King black dragon is one of my old time favorite areas, loot is not so good but for somereason i really like that dragon.
EvanK-Hell
EvanK-Hell

Most loved Runescape zone or area? YP5zkAJ

Zamorak

Back to top Go down

Post by Midase Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:05 pm

I discovered the wilderness volcano the other day which is very cool. It has great music too Smile
Midase
Midase

Chompy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:50 pm

As of now, I'd have to say the farming guild is my favorite place to be. I love doing farming contracts and racking up the seed packs. It's a nice way to start off the day for me. Always seem to run into clannies there as well, so that's another benefit Smile

Way back in the day, I'd say Falador park. I got many memories of standing around and buying/selling items for hours. Although in today's world, I certainly don't miss all the time it took to find the appropriate buyer and seller!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Most loved Runescape zone or area? 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:24 pm

Very Happy Prif is my fave *new * content it is so peaceful there and probably the first place I said aweeeeeeeee too when I walked in. I was so excited to get the quests done just so I could be there.

*old* content I think is definitely Seer / Catherby area I spent most of my rs life there wood cutting and various skills. I still go there for nostalgia and peace and quiet.
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm

From a roleplay perspective, as a follower of Guthix my favorite area is Taverley. I think the village captures the essence of "balance" since it's located near Saradominian Falador and also contains Taverley Dungeon which includes the Zamorakian Black Knights. I think another location based aspect of “balance” can be seen with the peaceful fishing town of Catherby being located just west over White Wolf Mountain and with the military principality of Burthorpe being located to the north. Of course it’s also the location of the Altar of Guthix which is the only Stone Circle under Guthixian control in Geilinor, and home to the Druids who are followers of Guthix. To me the entire area embodies a nature themed vibe which I find calming.

Gameplay-wise, even though the POH location lacks the convenience of some of the other POH locations, my character makes her home in Taverley for roleplay reasons.

From a game mechanic perspective, I often frequent the area of Edgeville, specifically Edgeville bank (which is a carryover of my RS2/3 days). It’s a convenient location for bank skilling without being as crowded as the GE but being close enough to the GE to allow quick access if needed. The location is also close to a fairy ring and is one of the location teleports on the Amulet of Glory which puts you very near a bank. This teleport is useful when I do such tasks as charging orbs at the Air Obelisk and when crafting runes via the Abyss.
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Alkane Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:20 pm

For me its East Fally. On RS2 I used to mine Coal and Mith from the mining guild for gp in f2p, and there was always a mini market outside the bank trading smithing supplies
Alkane
Alkane

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:07 pm

Zeah definitely became my favorite area for a substantial amount of time earlier this year with Twisted League, but my overall favorite has to be Catherby, or a specific location would be the bar located west of the varrock lumber mill. This bar was my secret training spot for most of my rs2 career, and I built many pures training there Smile

On the flipside, the area I hate the most has to be the entirety of Morytania. It just feels gross and dirty, and I always feel like I'm in danger whenever I'm there.

Most loved Runescape zone or area? Dabna10

Most loved Runescape zone or area? Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by rootb Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Arceuus definitely still wows me every time I visit, but I think the lake behind the mountain camp is my favorite location. I love the scenery and the story behind the area. Plus, nobody really goes there, so it brings back nostalgia of exploring RuneScape whenever I visit.
rootb
rootb

Back to top Go down

Post by Drnurse86 Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:33 am

It might give away my secret bank spot that I always afk at, but I love the desert. Really hoping that they make the next raid a desert one Smile
Drnurse86
Drnurse86

Back to top Go down

Post by notblueberry Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:40 am

Ver Sinhaza/Theater of Blood pirat
notblueberry
notblueberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny CPA Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:45 am

Huge throwback zone that brings back good memories is the yew trees just south of the bee hives in catherby/seers. Spent a long time chopping yews and chatting it up with the 10+ other people there back in the day.
Danny CPA
Danny CPA

Back to top Go down

Post by Tao Flow Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:26 pm

Current favorite place to hang out is the Farming Guild for sure. Beautiful place to do bank-stand content, and all things farming. Smile The place is just so pretty!
I would say Prif is my favorite looking place but it's pretty laggy for me if I zoom out too far Sad

Most loved Runescape zone or area? U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 7 Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Nostalgia: Lumbridge Castle & Grand Exchange
Most visited: Craft Guild or Farm Guild
Coolest looking: Prifddinas & Arceuus
But personally I love my PoH Happy Pepo
Joe 7

Most loved Runescape zone or area? IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by noelemahc Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:10 pm

Faith2heal wrote:I discovered the wilderness volcano the other day which is very cool. It has great music too Smile
i kinda wish they would use the wilderness volcano and extend another part to make a more risky wilderness with higher levels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe 7 Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:19 am

noelemahc wrote:
Faith2heal wrote:I discovered the wilderness volcano the other day which is very cool. It has great music too Smile
i kinda wish they would use the wilderness volcano and extend another part to make a more risky wilderness with higher levels.

Yeah there's so much that could be added to make the wilderness more utilized and fun. The only time you ever have to go to the wilderness volcano is for clue steps from what I can tell.
Joe 7

Most loved Runescape zone or area? IIyCd

Back to top Go down