Secondary project

Go down

Secondary project Empty Secondary project

Post by OmniRick Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello,

A while back while training some of the lower attention skills, I started a new account to help keep me focused on the game.
I've been training it for a few weeks and it recently reached it's first goal: unlocking blood runes.
I also trained some of the other skills up a bit and used it to process my steel bars into cannonballs.
Here are its stats as of 77 RC:
Secondary project Unknow10

I also quested a bit (43QP).

I trained runecrafting almost exclusively through mud runes, banking in castle wars and taking the balloon to the sawmill. While an abysmal xp rate ( ~17-18k xp/h), mud runes trade for 240-260gp, compared to lava (4gp) and even steam (70gp); I wasn't in a rush and it was something easy to do alongside the main game.

Next I'm going to let it live in Zeah until 99 RC. I trained mining and crafting just up to 38 as its the minimum requirement, and I'm curious to see how high each gets doing dense essence for such a long time.

Thanks for reading.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Secondary project YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Secondary project Empty Re: Secondary project

Post by Tinnitus Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Hey man,

That's some very nice progress for just a few weeks. 77 RC at just 17-18k xp per hour... man, makes me appreciate ZMI that much more. Do you plan on keeping the account a skiller? I'll likely be joining you at zeah in a few weeks on my main - my plan is to afk RC until 99 while playing on my HC. That is, assuming I don't die on the HC, lol.
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Secondary project U7euiv5

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:03 pm

I am planning on keeping it a skiller. See you in Zeah Smile
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by FFibonacci Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Wow, that's incredible! I've been doing mostly cannonballs and longbows on my alt account like a noob, apparently haha. Huge props on that, dude, and enjoy that awesome supplemental income!
FFibonacci
FFibonacci

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 pm

After an extensive vacation during the Trailblazer Leagues, because I was refusing to pay 6m for a bond, at the start of year I defrosted the account, got it a bond, and got back to runecrafting. And today I achieved its primary goal of an untrimmed runecraft cape.

Secondary project Imagem10

There is a single threat in that area to a low level combat, a skeleton that roams between the Dark Altar and the Dense Essence mine shortcut. Too many times I didn't click far enough to create a path to a safe area before switching attention to the main or something else. How many times? 56.
There was never any loss other than time, but still, annoying that it happened virtually every single session.

I was fortunate enough to find a Rift guardian on the blood altar.
Secondary project Imagem11

I was curious how far mining and crafting would go from base requirements, and they got carried up to 76 and 79, respectively. The blood rune stack got to 473k.

Right after, I decided to go fishing and cooking as I'm approaching 750 total, and to speed it up decided to complete the Dwarf subquest of Recipe for Disaster. Obtaining the rock cake was easy, but I didn't have ice gloves and obviously can't kill an Icefiend. So I put the cake in the bank, but I didn't want to wait hours for it to cool off, so I went to get ice gloves. This proved harder than I expected, and there were 8 deaths until I finally could obtain the drop from the ice queen. Most of them just trying to get past the ice knights that were supposed to be aggro'd on the main... Nevertheless, with the ice gloves on hands, I went to pick and cool the rock cake only to find that it had cooled off in the meantime...
They still might be handy in the event I decide to run bars at blast furnace.

Next up, 750 total, base 50 non-combat skills, maybe 98/99 Crafting/Mining.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:50 pm

Nice progress, and I see you are almost making death count into a tradition! Very Happy
Well done on the not-needed Ice Gloves too What a Face

AND CONGRATULATIONS WITH NINETYNINE RUNECRAFTING Very Happy bounce bounce

Secondary project NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondancer Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 am

Congrats on the 99 runecrafting <3
Moondancer
Moondancer

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:06 am

Reached 800 total, that's halfway to maxing all stats that don't contribute to combat level. I'm betting 99 Slayer will take longer than all the other skills combined.

Secondary project Imagem12

Also did a bunch of questing, of particular note were Shilo Village and The Feud:

• In Shilo Village quest, for some reason on the 1st attempt I got the boss, Nazastarool, to the last phase on the main to then have the skiller just deal with the end of 1 phase instead of 3, but this attempt was unsuccessful and on further attempts, the skiller had to deal the last damage on all phases, which is intriguing. Also it's a real hassle to get from Lumbridge to the end of Rashiliyia's Tomb without fairy rings, and like an idiot I forgot I could collect the grave items via Death's Domain in Lumbridge Graveyard, so the 2nd death was just because I entered the tomb without Beads of the Dead. Rolling Eyes This quest also cost me 4 Attack xp as I had to aggro the boss away from the main, and didn't immediately click away after hitting a 0, so I hit a 1. pale
  • In the Feud I had to deal with an enemy that has a max hit of 10, so I had to constantly overheal. The strategy I found when I first searched relied on Guthix's rests, so I decided to try that, only to find you can't use them without at least partial completion of One Small Favour. wainc Pineapple pizza and Saradom brew combo did the trick.

I'm trying to unlock Fossil Island, since a lot of its features are useful even at minimum combat; this is proving challenging because it's not possible to get 100 Kudos without quests involving combat.
Of the 225 Kudos possible to earn, 72 are locked behind Bone Voyage, 28 are from the Museum Quiz, 50 are from cleaning archeological finds (locked behind The Dig Site), and 75 are from quests. So with The Dig Site completion, 78 Kudos are available, but one needs 100 for Bone Voyage.
Of the 75 that are from quests, 40 are locked behind quests that reward combat xp; 5 are from Observatory quest, which has 33,(3)% chance of rewarding combat xp. All of these are not acceptable.
This leaves 30 Kudos from Demon Slayer, Hazeel Cult, Merlin's Crystal, Rune Mysteries, Shield of Arrav and A Tail of Two Cats. Hazeel Cult, Rune Mysteries and Shield of Arrav don't require combat (Black Arm Gang player can have someone else kill the Phoenix Gang Weaponsmaster while they loot the crossbows).
Demon Slayer was easy enough, Delrith seems made for recoiling, since it suffers 2 recoil damage for any hit, and only has 10hp. Now I need to either do Merlin's Crystal, which involves an instanced fight with a lvl 39, or A Tail of Two Cats, which requires Icthlarin's Little Helper, which in turn requires a fight with a lvl 75-81 and a lvl 91, though I believe these are not instanced, so I can provide support with Veng Other and Heal. I'm gonna give both a shot since I want to get max quest points possible. Etongo
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Impressive stuff dude. Sounds like you got lots of challenges ahead, but fun ones nonetheless (well, excluding slayer, haha). Nice work  Happy Pepo
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Secondary project U7euiv5

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum