Tinnitus
OmniRick
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Secondary project Empty Secondary project

Post by OmniRick Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello,

A while back while training some of the lower attention skills, I started a new account to help keep me focused on the game.
I've been training it for a few weeks and it recently reached it's first goal: unlocking blood runes.
I also trained some of the other skills up a bit and used it to process my steel bars into cannonballs.
Here are its stats as of 77 RC:
Secondary project Unknow10

I also quested a bit (43QP).

I trained runecrafting almost exclusively through mud runes, banking in castle wars and taking the balloon to the sawmill. While an abysmal xp rate ( ~17-18k xp/h), mud runes trade for 240-260gp, compared to lava (4gp) and even steam (70gp); I wasn't in a rush and it was something easy to do alongside the main game.

Next I'm going to let it live in Zeah until 99 RC. I trained mining and crafting just up to 38 as its the minimum requirement, and I'm curious to see how high each gets doing dense essence for such a long time.

Thanks for reading.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Secondary project YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Secondary project Empty Re: Secondary project

Post by Tinnitus Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:31 pm

Hey man,

That's some very nice progress for just a few weeks. 77 RC at just 17-18k xp per hour... man, makes me appreciate ZMI that much more. Do you plan on keeping the account a skiller? I'll likely be joining you at zeah in a few weeks on my main - my plan is to afk RC until 99 while playing on my HC. That is, assuming I don't die on the HC, lol.
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Secondary project 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:03 pm

I am planning on keeping it a skiller. See you in Zeah Smile
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by FFibonacci Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Wow, that's incredible! I've been doing mostly cannonballs and longbows on my alt account like a noob, apparently haha. Huge props on that, dude, and enjoy that awesome supplemental income!
FFibonacci
FFibonacci

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:43 pm

After an extensive vacation during the Trailblazer Leagues, because I was refusing to pay 6m for a bond, at the start of year I defrosted the account, got it a bond, and got back to runecrafting. And today I achieved its primary goal of an untrimmed runecraft cape.

Secondary project Imagem10

There is a single threat in that area to a low level combat, a skeleton that roams between the Dark Altar and the Dense Essence mine shortcut. Too many times I didn't click far enough to create a path to a safe area before switching attention to the main or something else. How many times? 56.
There was never any loss other than time, but still, annoying that it happened virtually every single session.

I was fortunate enough to find a Rift guardian on the blood altar.
Secondary project Imagem11

I was curious how far mining and crafting would go from base requirements, and they got carried up to 76 and 79, respectively. The blood rune stack got to 473k.

Right after, I decided to go fishing and cooking as I'm approaching 750 total, and to speed it up decided to complete the Dwarf subquest of Recipe for Disaster. Obtaining the rock cake was easy, but I didn't have ice gloves and obviously can't kill an Icefiend. So I put the cake in the bank, but I didn't want to wait hours for it to cool off, so I went to get ice gloves. This proved harder than I expected, and there were 8 deaths until I finally could obtain the drop from the ice queen. Most of them just trying to get past the ice knights that were supposed to be aggro'd on the main... Nevertheless, with the ice gloves on hands, I went to pick and cool the rock cake only to find that it had cooled off in the meantime...
They still might be handy in the event I decide to run bars at blast furnace.

Next up, 750 total, base 50 non-combat skills, maybe 98/99 Crafting/Mining.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:50 pm

Nice progress, and I see you are almost making death count into a tradition! Very Happy
Well done on the not-needed Ice Gloves too What a Face

AND CONGRATULATIONS WITH NINETYNINE RUNECRAFTING Very Happy bounce bounce

Secondary project NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Moondancer Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:51 am

Congrats on the 99 runecrafting <3
Moondancer
Moondancer

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:06 am

Reached 800 total, that's halfway to maxing all stats that don't contribute to combat level. I'm betting 99 Slayer will take longer than all the other skills combined.

Secondary project Imagem12

Also did a bunch of questing, of particular note were Shilo Village and The Feud:

• In Shilo Village quest, for some reason on the 1st attempt I got the boss, Nazastarool, to the last phase on the main to then have the skiller just deal with the end of 1 phase instead of 3, but this attempt was unsuccessful and on further attempts, the skiller had to deal the last damage on all phases, which is intriguing. Also it's a real hassle to get from Lumbridge to the end of Rashiliyia's Tomb without fairy rings, and like an idiot I forgot I could collect the grave items via Death's Domain in Lumbridge Graveyard, so the 2nd death was just because I entered the tomb without Beads of the Dead. Rolling Eyes This quest also cost me 4 Attack xp as I had to aggro the boss away from the main, and didn't immediately click away after hitting a 0, so I hit a 1. pale
  • In the Feud I had to deal with an enemy that has a max hit of 10, so I had to constantly overheal. The strategy I found when I first searched relied on Guthix's rests, so I decided to try that, only to find you can't use them without at least partial completion of One Small Favour. wainc Pineapple pizza and Saradom brew combo did the trick.

I'm trying to unlock Fossil Island, since a lot of its features are useful even at minimum combat; this is proving challenging because it's not possible to get 100 Kudos without quests involving combat.
Of the 225 Kudos possible to earn, 72 are locked behind Bone Voyage, 28 are from the Museum Quiz, 50 are from cleaning archeological finds (locked behind The Dig Site), and 75 are from quests. So with The Dig Site completion, 78 Kudos are available, but one needs 100 for Bone Voyage.
Of the 75 that are from quests, 40 are locked behind quests that reward combat xp; 5 are from Observatory quest, which has 33,(3)% chance of rewarding combat xp. All of these are not acceptable.
This leaves 30 Kudos from Demon Slayer, Hazeel Cult, Merlin's Crystal, Rune Mysteries, Shield of Arrav and A Tail of Two Cats. Hazeel Cult, Rune Mysteries and Shield of Arrav don't require combat (Black Arm Gang player can have someone else kill the Phoenix Gang Weaponsmaster while they loot the crossbows).
Demon Slayer was easy enough, Delrith seems made for recoiling, since it suffers 2 recoil damage for any hit, and only has 10hp. Now I need to either do Merlin's Crystal, which involves an instanced fight with a lvl 39, or A Tail of Two Cats, which requires Icthlarin's Little Helper, which in turn requires a fight with a lvl 75-81 and a lvl 91, though I believe these are not instanced, so I can provide support with Veng Other and Heal. I'm gonna give both a shot since I want to get max quest points possible. Etongo
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Impressive stuff dude. Sounds like you got lots of challenges ahead, but fun ones nonetheless (well, excluding slayer, haha). Nice work  Happy Pepo
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Secondary project 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sun May 02, 2021 5:25 pm

This thread has been lacking in updates, but not due to idleness. Here's what's been happening:

I had set myself the goal of posting an update upon reaching Fossil Island and getting ready to start Wintertodt, but I kept moving the goalpost on the latter target. Since a 10hp account has no reason to rush Wintertodt, because it will never be at risk of increased damage, I kept delaying it to maximize rewards without having to bank crates: first it was level 50 in all gathering skills + herblore, then 75, and now it's looking like 85 or maybe 90. Depends how much I feel like mining. Etongo

I ended up doing Merlin's Crystal which, contrary to my belief, did not have an instanced fight, so I could provide support to deal with Mordred. With recoil and vengeance, it was over quickly.
With that quest I gained enough Kudos to unlock Fossil Island, and I spent a good portion of time there for a couple months.
Secondary project Questb10

> I set the goal of 73 Hunter with birdhouse runs, and seeing as a level 3 can't access enchanted ruby pendants, I used my main's PoH mounted pendant to travel to the Digsite dock whenever I was skilling elsewhere. Couldn't use the closer, in-island, teleport because that requires using a digsitie pendant on the Strange machine. When this arrangement wasn't practical, I just stayed in the island training Herblore by a bank chest.
> I trained Woodcutting at the Woodcutting Guild, cutting Yews from 60 to 75, then Magic trees from 75 to 85. It's my default afk option for when I really can't pay attention. Sleep
> I fly-fished at Shilo Village until 70 Fishing, then moved to the Fishing Guild and harpooned Tuna+Swordfish until 76, and then Sharks until 82. I caught one Big shark in the process of fishing about 9900 sharks (1/5k). Cool  I picked Shilo for fly fishing for two reasons: 1) because I never fished there before; 2) because I like saving the fish to cook, and although you can cook them at the fire near Barbarian Village, I wanted to bank the product as well and Edgeville is far enough to be annoying. I cooked most of it in Hosidius Kitchen, some on the Fossil Island musem camp.
> I kept doing tree runs until 80 Farming, when I decided the main wouldn't fund the saplings anymore, and now the alt spends more time at the Arceuus mine to pay for those. Should resume them soon enough.
> Smithing continues to basically be making cannonballs out of steel bars the main gets as loot.

I got a full Rogue set upon reaching 50 Thieving, but decided Master farmers are too much of a pain for training with 10hp. Shocked

Notable level milestones:
1000 total Happy Pepo
Secondary project Hunter10

Finished with birdhouses Very Happy
Secondary project Hunter11

1100 total Very Happy
Secondary project Woodcu10

I elected to keep the Arceuus spellbook on so whenever I want I can go straight to the Dark Altar and get to work on blood runes. They are my skiller's main source of income.

Today I finally got around to doing Icthlarin's Little Helper. Since it has a couple of fights in a tricky area, it requires a support account and I've been too busy with the main to allocate the time. But it's been over 2 months since I last completed a quest, so I cleared the day for it.
It was a rather complex endeavour...
In a previous post I mentioned thinking the two fights were not instanced so I could provide support with the main; I was half-right. They both happen inside rooms which one cannot access after completing the quest, so I could see the fight just couldn't get in; best I could do was get a Veng Other once before going in the room.

I was very lucky about which Jar I got: it was bug-shaped one, meaning the guardian is Scabaras which, despite having a max hit of 8, has only 50 hp, so less recoil damage needed. However, to my dismay, if one doesn't do damage to the creature, when going to pick up the jar, it just respawns. I had assumed since the jar isn't looted off the corpse, this wouldn't be an issue. Alas, I had to do that fight twice, and get 1 damage worth of Defence and Hitpoints xp. Since the max hit is 8 and I need to recoil 50 damage, I took 25 anchovy pizzas.
Oh and because I couldn't go without a stupid death, after preparing for the fight with the Scabaras monster, with 25 anchovy pizzas, an antipoison and a quest item in the inventory, plus a grown cat following, I went and died at the gate of Sophanem because I forgot the carpet lands in an unprotected area and Desert heat hits 10. Had to get a new kitten, which I'm now growing for Ratcatchers.

The second fight, the Possessed Priest, was a lot harder. With 90hp and a max hit of 6, I would have to endure up to 90 health damaging moments and survive. Even with a full inventory of pizza, it's not enough, because with 10hp one has to heal every time health goes down to 6; and 28 pizzas are just 56 healing instances out of the up 90 required. Not to mention that for 90hp one needs 3 rings of recoil, and in inventory is necessary to enter the pyramid. Add to this that the fight is time-limited before it resets.
The options for higher instances of healing per inventory slot are Purple sweets, Saradomin brew, Strawberries and Guthix rest. Saradomin brew and Strawberries both scale with Hitpoints level, and at 10 only heal 3 and 1 respectively, meaning one brew heals 12 and one basket heals 5. Purple sweets are trading above 8k gp each, making them prohibitively expensive if there are alternatives.
The best option available is Guthix rest which heals 5hp each per dose of tea, and can have up to 4 doses, for 20 hp per inventory spot, and 4 healing instances; but one can't use that without partial completion of One Small Favour. Luckily I had Shilo Village done, so I started the quest and progressed up to point where one brews the tea to give to the gnome; which, as I tested, is the key moment that unlocks being able to drink the tea yourself. If you learn the recipe but don't actually brew it, you still won't drink it.
Now with an inventory of mostly Guthix rest teas and a few pizzas for the highest hits, I gave it a shot, but unfortunately, I did not account for the monster having terrible accuracy. It hit a lot of 0s, and by the time it was under 10% remaining hp, the timer ran out and the fight got reset. Mad
For the 2nd attempt I tried something that, honestly, shouldn't have worked. I noticed as I exited the room to restock and restart the fight, the Possessed priest spawned once I exited. So I tried keeping the main within range of the door, starting the fight and, after the Veng Other cooldown was over, leaving the room with the skiller, getting another Veng Other cast, and re-entering to resume the fight. This worked.
Secondary project Imagem23
I was so not expecting it to work I didn't even have enough runes to last the fight, but it was enough that the fight was over by the time the main had banked and returned to Sophanem.
With the 2 attempts, I got 1 damage worth of xp in both Attack and Strength, and respective Hitpoints xp.

Current short-term goals:

• Ratcatchers and A Tail of Two Cats once the kitten grows up so I can be done with the feline business;
  • Piscarilius and Lovakengj favour to 100% for Anglerfish fishing and Blast mine access, respectively;
  • After at least level 85 in the reward-relevant skills, Wintertodt. I expect to do Wintertodt until 13m Firemaking xp in one go; I'll probably do it on both accounts at once since I need a Tome drop on the main;
  • Blood runes and magic trees remain the afk picks.

I plan to do Blast mining until at least 85 Mining, for the early runite chance; after which Motherlode Mine becomes acceptable. Anglerfish will be another nice afk skilling option since I can't access sacred or infernal eels. Probably going to wrap up a full 10k fished sharks first. I'm considering doing Tempoross on 2 accounts at once whenever I do Tempoross on the main, since it's now the fastest fishing xp for skillers. Might even get an harpoon that's not just barb-tailed (I can wield it, 1 more inventory slot before banking, sue me Smile ).

Thanks for reading.  Pepo Heart

P.S.: I'm not too keen on this sort of information dump, so I'll try to remember to post updates more frequently. FeelsOkayMan

Last edited by OmniRick on Sun May 02, 2021 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sun May 02, 2021 5:54 pm

I forgot to add, I'm not a fan of leaving quests unfinished, so I'm looking into options for One Small Favour. If it doesn't break because I haven't done The Grand Tree, I still have to contend with the fight with the Slagilith, which has a 5 minute timer.
Also excuse the rather large wall of text around the boss fights, I find that part of the interest of restricted accounts is the thought process involved in solving otherwise mundane problems made difficult by the restrictions imposed.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Wed May 05, 2021 7:26 am

Interesting to read the struggles of a Lvl 3 doing boss battles, I am impressed by your dedication to experiment and keep trying Smile Also well done on the Skilling side of it, 1000 (and 1100) is a neat lvl on a Lvl 3 Very Happy

Good luck on One Small Favour Wink bounce

Secondary project NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sat May 15, 2021 10:17 am

A lot of progress done in two weeks:

Wrapped up fishing about 10k raw sharks, and ended up getting another big shark in the process. 2 in 10k is right on rate.
Did some pineapple pizzas for the last cooking level before I could cook sharks, then started working on that stack, but I wasn't happy with the burn rate, so I traded some lower level fish that I got from tempoross on the main (should have kept the turtles) to increase cooking level a bit and cut down on burn rate.
Secondary project Imagem24Secondary project Imagem25Secondary project Imagem27
The burnt fish were saved for a collector that shall remain anonymous.

Did a bit of questing, up to 91 Quest Points. I have been studying whether it will be possible to reach 100 Qp, there isn't a lot of room left without quests definitely including either a combat level requirement or giving a combat xp reward, and the few that don't still include combat... More on that later.
Among the quests done were the 2 cat quests I was missing. Ratcatchers had the unexpected hazard that the first area, the Varrock sewers, has aggressive giant rats. So I had to call on an extremely tough looking bodyguard to get through the dialogue and get the cat to hunt a few rats.
Secondary project 2021-012
Of course this quest is known for the hardest maze in the game, full of incredibly skilled guards that hate their job.
Secondary project Imagem28
After that it was a breeze.

Since I'm almost at 90 woodcutting, I decided I needed another afk skilling activity, so I decided to make anglerfish available.
Also went to get the Angler outfit, was lucky to get it under drop rate.
Secondary project Imagem29

Wrapped up Piscarilius favour with some artifact theft (and got a few thieving levels in the process), luckily it was easier than I expected to get the hang of the activity; I expect to do it for thieving training.
I also got Lovakengj favour done, but overestimated the amount of lovakite ores/bars I would need since I didn't account for higher tier supply armour giving more favour %, and I intended to unlock minecarts. I'm hoping Jagex does something to expand the value of lovakite smithing, it's pointless content after 1 day. With 100% Lovakengj favour I can now use Blast Mine to get a few mining levels. One thing I didn't anticipate was how heavily botted the activity is... I hopped more than 20 worlds and in every one there was a level 50 something combat with 90+/100+ mining level, usually with level 1 in Smithing. The only good thing to come out of this is I got to pk on a skiller, because the bot script has some blind spots.
Secondary project Imagem30
Killed that bot 3x and it was always back in minutes. It's just a short run from the farming guild to get to the mine, and they have skills necklaces. Extremely annoying.

4/5 Houses' favour done.
Secondary project Imagem31
I will likely do Shayzien favour at a later date, since Architectural Alliance rewards a 10k xp lamp and Slayer needs all the help it can get.

Now I intend to afk anglerfish to 85/90 Fishing, and train at Blast Mine until 85 so Mining can be added to afk activities as well.
I intended to do Wintertodt 50-99 Firemaking, but blast mining is giving me a few unexpected levels. I have maintained a daily tree run of maples+papaya trees, and mahoganies whenever they're available. I expect to have 85 in all Wintertodt reward-relevant skills within a week or two (Herblore, Mining, Fishing, Crafting, Farming and Woodcutting).
Here are the current stats:
Secondary project Imagem32

Thanks for reading.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:44 pm

Shorter update, a few levels gained but no major unlocks.
Missed the mark on that "a week or two" prediction, mostly because I have to manage active gametime between this and the main; I've been raiding a lot, and Blast Mine doesn't work well with low attention. Still, only 3 levels to go to reach 85 and maybe go to MLM. Reached 85 Fishing and Farming, so after Mining I'll spend a bit on Herblore to finally 'unlock' Wintertodt. Almost 10k anglerfish fished though.

Secondary project Imagem33

85 Fishing means I can fish Dark Crabs, but without Wilderness Diary I expect it to be worse than anglerfish.
Blast mining from 78-82 Mining got me from 50 to 60 Firemaking, I'm missing out on Wintertdot supply crates here...
Hopefully I can power through to 85 Mining this weekend, and the one after I might take 2 accounts to Wintertodt (main needs a Tome drop).

Thanks for reading.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Legna Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:42 pm

You are zooming fella. Nice work.
Legna
Legna

Back to top Go down

Post by Involus Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:20 pm

Wow awesome account, congrats on the progress!
Involus
Involus

Secondary project M2gyq

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:01 pm

Finally got around to long sessions at the Blast Mine and reached 85 Mining. The 100k+ xp drops were nice to see. Took over 5k dynamite, probably closer to 8k, though I can't be sure since I traded some from main. Reached 66 Firemaking during this grind as well, which was what I expected after the previous post. Can't wait to get a use out of those troll fires. Kappa

Secondary project Imagem34

Now all that's left is to get Herblore to 85.
I'll round out Woodcutting, Fishing and Cooking to 90, and do some Thieving and/or Smithing to reach 1200 total, then assess if I wish to go grind Wintertodt.

These are all the ores I have banked. I imagine they're all from Blast Mine, as I don't see a reason to have transferred them from the main. Also included the product of afking Woodcutting and Fishing since 75 and 82, respectively.

Secondary project Imagem35

I'll do Blast Furnace to process the mithril ores, maybe adamantite too if I get high enough level. No point wasting the gold ores here so that's going to the main, runite will probably go too. I don't plan to do a lot of bar smelting here, but I have the ores already and I haven't done Tourist Trap yet.
I'll keep the magic logs for fletching post-Wintertodt, the anglerfish I'm transferring to the main to cook and keep at least a portion. Current plan for Cooking here is swordfish to 92 and monkfish to 99 at the Rogues' Den for 0 burnt fish at the closest bank/fire. But that's for later.
Question
You may be wondering, why does someone with 99 Smithing need gold ores instead of selling them? Good question, don't have a good answer at the moment. Just feel like hoarding those at the moment, selling xp is hard.
Secondary project 200.gif?cid=401dfe004v9g5puacktlopbbdtharkaql1zwvcdd4ldgc7mm&rid=200

Thanks for reading.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by i2ed i2over Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:50 pm

Just joined recently and seeing your progress on this accounts in inspiring man! Can't wait for the future achievements! Just imagine how many staking accounts you have a higher slayer level than Wink
i2ed i2over
i2ed i2over

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:52 pm

The Slayer level is what this account is all about Kappa

I've reached 90 Woodcutting, and 89 Fishing, should reach 90 next week.
Pausing for blood rc to pay for a bond, then will barter with the main for gp for Herblore.
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chcn Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Hoarding good. Thumbs Up
Chcn
Chcn

Back to top Go down