Syllabic
Spiritika
b0redpanda
10 posters

Go down

How ya'll doin Empty How ya'll doin

Post by b0redpanda Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:44 am

Heyo!

I haven't been playing OSRS for long, last time i remember, the hardest task i've ever done is finally completing Dragon Slayer.
I've always been a F2P player back in the day (cuz i'm a broke kid), and now, years later, i've become a working adult and an finally afford
members. So far, i'm only about 2-3 weeks old as a member. I'm still clueless about a whole lot of things (F2P boi and all).

I'm a 26 year old asian boi living in a small island named Singapore. Because of the fast-paced work life, most of my time will be spent working and studying part-time college to get a degree & upgrade myself. From here you could probably tell i'll be a hell of a slow learner,
and to top it off, a super-casual player as well.

My RSN is BigRoundBear, derived from my fat arse in real life, and i've often been called Bear cuz of how big and chunky i am.
Not really sure what happens from here, but i'm looking forward to all the learning opportunities here!

Cheers lads,
Bear
b0redpanda
b0redpanda

Back to top Go down

How ya'll doin Empty Re: How ya'll doin

Post by Spiritika Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:17 am

Hi Bear! Your mention of completing Dragon Slayer is very nostalgic because I remember completing it for the first time years ago. It was considered the pinnacle quest of F2P and I was finally able to wear the famed rune platebody! I loved re-doing the quest in OSRS because it brought back those fond memories.

It's great you were finally able to become a member! I'm sure you're finding out how large the game world is and how much there is to do. There are many knowledgeable people in the clan so if you have any questions about P2P, don't hesitate to ask. Smile

Last edited by Spiritika on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Spiritika
Spiritika

How ya'll doin YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:18 am

Hey dude, welcome. Not sure how our resident Bear will appreciate competition, but we're happy to have you provided you can stay on his good side Laughing

That initial jump from F2P to P2P is pretty huge, huh? At least, it is as an adult. Not sure I really appreciated it to the extent I should have when I was a kid, because I had essentially no idea what I was doing. Definitely feels like a big step now that I'm aware of how to play the game (mostly) properly, though. Always feel free to reach out in-game/Discord/personally if you need a hand. We'll be happy to help you ease into the membership life as best we can. What have you been working on since you went P2P anyway? Got some specific goals or anything of the sort? Not sure if you're already familiar with it or not, but the https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Optimal_quest_guide is an excellent place to start if you're wanting some direction. Does a lot to expedite some of those early levels, and you get to explore the world at the same time Smile

How do you like living in Singapore? Seems like it would be an interesting place to visit. Believe we've got one or two other clannies that also live there, as well as nearby in Malaysia. Definitely on the bucket list for sure. Kudos to you for balancing a degree/work as well btw. I know how much of a pain that can be. What are you studying?

Anyway, I see you're already on Discord, so I'm gonna quit it with the third degree. Happy to chat on there if you like! Lends itself to conversation a bit better than the offsite.

Be seeing you.

How ya'll doin NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:38 am

Bear Wave

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

How ya'll doin OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by b0redpanda Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:05 am

heyo!

decided to swap for b0red panda, since i'm asian, right? *ba dum tss*

anyway, thanks spirit for the reply! and you're right, coming back after years, re-doing dragon slayer felt so fulfilling! and yep, i'm definitely gonna poke around asking newbie questions! hahah!

hey Syllabic! thanks for the reply! After about 3 weeks into the game and P2P, i've completed all F2P quests and Priest in Peril to get to Canifis. I'm currently going for a full graceful set before continuing my questing/skilling/etc journey!

Singapore is a great place, lots of cultural differences and variety, especially religious practices and food! it's expensive to stay long, but it's definitely worth visiting.
I'm currently going for a degree in Digital Media, where i aspire to be a film maker, video editor! As a side hobby, i'll probably decide on content creating, but i do want to professionally edit films and videos for companies and creators in the future!

and Hello Bear!! I apologize for plagiarizing your name & presence without knowing. I am now an asian bear, so panda! hahah!

Cheers!
b0redpanda
b0redpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:47 am

Good call on the full graceful. Half the game is just running around after all (until you build a maxed house), so getting that out of the way ASAP will help a ton.

The expense is going to be the greatest barrier for me, absolutely. Got plenty of free time these days, but it's hard to justify traveling across the country these days, let alone across the world. Hopefully sooner rather than later though.

Best of luck pursuing your degree! I've got friends in similar lines of work and they enjoy it a lot. Seems like a really cool way to express your creative side.

Thanks for the reply Smile

How ya'll doin NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm

Yo Panda Bear,

Welcome bud! The more bears, the better in my opinion. In my experience, they aren't all big and scary like people make them out to be Very Happy

When I was a young kiddo, I stayed F2P for many years until I finally was able to nudge my parents to let me get membership. I too remember completing dragon slayer (although many many years ago), and I still remember the awesome feeling it was to finally equip the rune platebody. I had been rocking an addy plate for years before that, lol.

As Syllabic said, P2P can be overwhelming at times - it still is sometimes for me. Questing is definitely the way to go though. Good luck on the graceful grind - it is most definitely worth it. I swear I've had it equipped for well over 50% of my hours played.

Hope to catch you in the cc soon bud!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

How ya'll doin 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by occeann Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:08 pm

whats up dude!! nice to have you here!
occeann
occeann

How ya'll doin YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:33 pm

Like Syllabic and Tinnitus, I agree that your goal of acquiring graceful early on is a great idea. I almost always have my graceful set on unless I'm doing combat or when I wear other outfits for fashionscape when doing "stay in one place" type of skills. I even wear my graceful when questing except when combat gear is required. Good luck on obtaining your full graceful set. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

How ya'll doin YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:50 pm

Very Happy The more bears the merrier, Welcome to the clan that is full of advice, I had a few panda friends back in the day, Have a great time! See you soon.
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

How ya'll doin YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Hi mate, welcome to the clan Smile
message me ingame I'll give you a bond to try members Smile my user is 'xavier'

I have gone to singapore a few times for work, I love how clean it is, I love the food, and I love how there is little traffic!!

I look forward to meeting you in cc Smile
Johno
Johno

Back to top Go down

Post by b0redpanda Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:38 am

ay thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

and Johno, you really dont have to! hahah, i've already bought a month worth of members and i'm still figuring things out (currently rooftop runnin for graceful set). It's all good, and i'll see yall in cc!
b0redpanda
b0redpanda

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 pm

Welcome to the clan Bear!

Sorry for getting to this late, have been uber focused on smashing out the last of my 99 runecrafting grind!

Have to say I'm super jealous of you living and working in Singapore, it looks and sounds awesome I cannot wait to get there myself for some travelling adventures! Will be sure to hit you up for some recommendations as and when that comes around Smile

Wishing you all the best for your short and long-term in-game goals! Make sure to check out the events we have going on here too. They're all entirely optional but if any of them tickle your fancy then you'd be most welcome at any of them of course.

PM is always on if you need anything bud, take care and stay safe until then or I see you in the cc when we're both online Smile

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

How ya'll doin YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SandorxHound Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:12 pm

Hey Bear!

I'm also new and don't know much about Runescape either so don't feel alone. Still need to complete Dragon Slayer as it's the last F2P I have left.

Also just became a member yesterday and it definitely can feel a bit overwhelming but everyone has been super nice.

Looking forward to bumping into each other in the future.
SandorxHound
SandorxHound

Back to top Go down