+2
Syllabic
OmniRick
6 posters

Go down

An update on personal goals Empty An update on personal goals

Post by OmniRick Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 pm

Hello,

Having reached a big goal recently I thought it worth a post updating my goals since joining.

OmniRick wrote:
I'm OmniRick, a fan of lore and questing, currently working on completing all available quests (10 to go).
If and when I accomplish this, my next goal is to complete the Hard tier of all Diaries and try some PvM content.

Outside of xp grinds, I like the occasional regicide in Barbarian Assault, and Trouble Brewing (to keep stocks of "The stuff").

I have 5 pets: 2 cats, one wily hellcat and one normal, a pet rock, a rock golem, and a squirrel. The golem doesn't get along with the pet rock for some reason.

My long term goal is to find enough Zarosians and sympathisers, and rally them to disrupt the chokehold on power held by Saradominists and Zamorakians.

That was back in Sept 3, 2019. Took me less than 2 months, as in Oct 24 I got this cape:
An update on personal goals 2019-112

The goal of Hard Diaries soon followed, and the first successful trip to the Fight Caves.
The goalpost was then moved to Elite Diaries, which I've been working toward since... Some of the skilling grind was largely helped by the clan's Skill of the Week competitions, with 2 highlights being getting me to 91+ runecrafting and agility.

Some PvMing was had, mainly Vorkath, Kalphite Queen to hunt for the head which I mostly did in duo with a Garthlocde, the clan pvm events to Graardor and K'ril Tsutsaroth, and I got a solo kill on Zilyana, Kree Arra, and all Wilderness bosses and demibosses. All grinding for elite diary tasks.

My pet collection expanded: I've added Smolcano, Skotos, Rocky the raccoon, herbi, a beaver, a phoenix and vorki. And a fish bowl. The golem learned to tolerate the pet rock, though it's not happy about it.

The elite diary completions got ticked off over the past couple of months, with fewer and grindier tasks left.
The last task was talking to the KQ head, which I could only do with a tattered head model. My luck with pets meant no luck elsewhere.

So yesterday I finally reached the goal:
An update on personal goals 2020-010

I've been after this cape for months, all my grind focused on the tasks left to complete. It was at times exhausting, but so was doing 50h of agility during a clan competition, only to lose by like 50k because someone out there is crazier than I. As the list of tasks left to complete got shortened, the variety of activities was reduced as focus had to be narrowed, which at times was mildly annoying as I enjoy variety in Gielinor.

Now that I have cleared all tasks, my new goalset is once again diffuse, with new targets for all skills, a few 99s in mind and more PvMing.

I've kept doing Barbarian Assault, but I intend to focus a bit more on it, and to get back to Trouble Brewing.
The new long term goals are twofold: max cape and inferno cape (I'm 1 mimic away from Music cape anyway).
I'll make note to dilute some of the more boring aspects of the new grind, so as to not leave it all for last and risk getting demotivated out of boredom.

My goal of a Zarosian uprising remains, and I have since met with many Zarosians. We shall triumph.

Cheers,
OmniRick

Edit: I first joined Old School in late June/July, so I believe I achieved the Diary cape within 1 year of playing.
OmniRick
OmniRick

An update on personal goals YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

An update on personal goals Empty Re: An update on personal goals

Post by Syllabic Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 am

Love the writeup, Rick. I always want to make the kinds of gains you do, but as you're already very well aware I find it difficult to stay interested and focused on a single grind. Most often I tend to flit around and end up getting nothing done at all, haha.

Seriously though, your progress amazes me. It's been so fun to watch, and I can hardly believe you made it to 2100 total as quickly as you did. Enormous congratulations on your consistent dedication. It's a great motivator for me (always has been), but it's also kind of disheartening knowing that we've been playing for the same amount of time Laughing

Which 99s do you have in mind, and what PvM content are you thinking of? I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to learn some new bosses some time if you're interested in grouping up. Nightmare specifically looks like a good bit of fun, and the chance of a massive payout appeals to me a great deal.

Very much looking forward to seeing what you get up to in the future (more consistent updates on here would be lovely). Pretty easy to talk about Inferno and maxing being two of your main goals, but it's much harder to actually see them through. However, if anyone I know has what it takes, it's you.

And hey, we'll smash that barcrawl out someday soon. You can hold me to it Pepo Heart

Last edited by Syllabic on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total

An update on personal goals NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:08 am

Congrats Rick on reaching your goals, must have taken a lot of determination to knock them all off, very nice!

Good luck on your 99 goals although, with what you've already achieved I think most of the hard work is already done!
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:16 am

heyyy heyyy heyyy the sexy cape is looking good! Very Happy well done!!! this is fantastic news and this is such an awesome thing to do because its one of the most difficult things to do in old school runescape so well done you! wear it with an awesome proud smirk!
COCOMARBELLA

An update on personal goals OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:25 am

wow Rick look at you !!! my you have been productive and Kudos to you for setting your goals and persevering, I am full of admiration and must insist you emote if I see you in game !!! I love these posts, its so nice to see what others are doing and achieving and adds so much to clan chat when shared. Very well done cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
ladybird2

An update on personal goals NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:08 pm

Syllabic wrote:
Which 99s do you have in mind, and what PvM content are you thinking of? I'm no expert, but I'd be happy to learn some new bosses some time if you're interested in grouping up. Nightmare specifically looks like a good bit of fun, and the chance of a massive payout appeals to me a great deal.

In the most immediate future, I'm aiming for 99 ranged, cooking, farming and magic. Hitpoints might get there along the way.
As for PvM, I'm thinking of getting into raids. Nightmare is one thing I've yet to give a fair attempt too, so I could be persuaded Smile
OmniRick
OmniRick

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:17 pm

What a fun read and a unique way to present you goals and achievements. Congratulations on your recent goals of quest and achievement capes as well as your progress in other skills, bossing, and acquiring pets. You've made amazing progress in a short period of time. Good luck on your new goals. Very Happy

Though I'm a long ways from the qpc, like you I'm a fan of lore and questing. I actually read through all the dialogue options and books. Somehow I think you might too. Wink

In RS2/RS3 I used to play Trouble Brewing to keep a supply of "The stuff" and to obtain the naval outfits for fashionscape. I haven't yet played Trouble Brewing in OSRS but it's nice to know it's still active. You may eventually see me there as I would like to obtain the black naval outfit. Cool

I love your comments about the golem and the pet rock. Laughing

OmniRick wrote:
My long term goal is to find enough Zarosians and sympathisers, and rally them to disrupt the chokehold on power held by Saradominists and Zamorakians.

OmniRick wrote:
My goal of a Zarosian uprising remains, and I have since met with many Zarosians. We shall triumph.

Guthix is only sleeping...
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down