Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure

+2
Syllabic
Paramoure
6 posters

Go down

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure Empty Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure

Post by Paramoure Mon May 25, 2020 4:38 am

Hello guys and gals.

My name is Paramoure and I've been playing RuneScape since the very beginning back when it was RSC. I've played the game for years, up until 2011-2012 when I lost interest in the game. Then OSRS came out, and I played for like a day. Too much grinding, and I already achieved my goals in RuneScape years ago. I accumulated over 500m, maxed out all combat stats to 98, HP (or Constitution) at 99 to achieve untrimmed HP cape, and I simply didn't want to start all over. Anyways, I'm back to playing on mobile for various reasons. Main reason is because I'm unable to work as I got into an accident on my motorcycle and suffered serious injuries. Then of course, Corona virus happened. I am prominently a F2P player right now, since after my accident, I finally started playing again, starting from level 3.

It seems like a lot has changed from what I remember, which is cool. I'm enjoying the game while I'm on Disability leave.

My name stands for my favorite band of all time - Paramore. Such an absolutely incredible band, and Hayley is pretty miraculous herself. A friend of mine took the name Paramore, and we became friends after I added him.

Not much more to say. I'm a Paramore fanatic motorcyclist. That about sums me up. My life is all about those two.

Thank you!
Paramoure
Paramoure

Back to top Go down

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure Empty Re: Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure

Post by Paramoure Mon May 25, 2020 4:40 am

I do have a question. Does anybody know a mobile friendly app or something for this site? It's definitely mobile friendly.
Paramoure
Paramoure

Back to top Go down

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure Empty Re: Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure

Post by Syllabic Mon May 25, 2020 5:40 am

Doesn't seem all that simple to me. Actually pretty extensive. Nice intro FeelsOkayMan You've been playing way longer than I have! Never got to experience Classic before they shut it down for good, which is kind of a shame. I always rather enjoyed the aesthetic.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury! My uncle was in a bad motorcycle accident several years ago, and it made it essentially impossible for him to work for a good while (long distance truck driver). Was not fun to watch, and I know from recent experience that it's even less fun to deal with yourself. Hopefully you'll be able to go back at work after stuff starts opening up again.

How's F2P on mobile? Anything specific you're working toward? I honestly couldn't handle playing on mobile. Can't imagine I'd fare much better if most of the content I enjoyed was unavailable. Do you just not have much interested in switching to P2P? Or are you planning on earning bonds?

Have never really be into Paramore myself, but I also haven't had much exposure to them. If you feel like dropping some tracks in https://www.osrsadvice.com/f14-music-song-sharing, I'll definitely give them a listen.

As for your mobile app question, I don't believe I was able to find any way to make it work the way I wanted. The site can be pretty much unusable at times if you're stuck on your phone. I've heard some people mention that Topic'it might work, but don't quote me on that. We do have a Discord server though, and the mobile app for that works just fine. Might be worth checking us out on there as well, if you're looking to get involved. Here's the link (because I know how annoying it is to click the banner links on a phone screen) https://discord.com/invite/osrsadvice

Looking forward to catching you in the CC some time soon Smile

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maebious Mon May 25, 2020 6:51 am

Welcome Para and best of luck with your recovery!

Don't forget to spam us with any questions you have, we're a very friendly bunch Smile
Maebious

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Mon May 25, 2020 7:38 am

Hey Paramoure, welcome back to the game and a warm welcome to OSRS Advice Smile

I'm really sorry to hear about your motorcycle accident and hope you made a quick and full recovery! I suppose a positive (if you can see it that way) is that you've got more time to chill out and hopefully enjoy runescape again!

Quite the timeline story you have on the game side, it's awesome to know that there are still people playing that played all the way back in the RSC days Very Happy The game has certainly changed a lot, not least the demographic of players which I think makes it much more pleasant, but I'm sure you'll have an awesome time getting back into the swing of things Smile

PM is always on if you need anything so feel free to throw an add my way and pop up anytime if you have a question or just want to say hey! Until then, take care and stay safe bud - rest and recover well too!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramoure Mon May 25, 2020 12:47 pm

Syllabic wrote:Doesn't seem all that simple to me. Actually pretty extensive. Nice intro FeelsOkayMan You've been playing way longer than I have! Never got to experience Classic before they shut it down for good, which is kind of a shame. I always rather enjoyed the aesthetic.

I'm sorry to hear about your injury! My uncle was in a bad motorcycle accident several years ago, and it made it essentially impossible for him to work for a good while (long distance truck driver). Was not fun to watch, and I know from recent experience that it's even less fun to deal with yourself. Hopefully you'll be able to go back at work after stuff starts opening up again.

How's F2P on mobile? Anything specific you're working toward? I honestly couldn't handle playing on mobile. Can't imagine I'd fare much better if most of the content I enjoyed was unavailable. Do you just not have much interested in switching to P2P? Or are you planning on earning bonds?

Have never really be into Paramore myself, but I also haven't had much exposure to them. If you feel like dropping some tracks in h I'll definitely give them a listen.

As for your mobile app question, I don't believe I was able to find any way to make it work the way I wanted. The site can be pretty much unusable at times if you're stuck on your phone. I've heard some people mention that Topic'it might work, but don't quote me on that. We do have a Discord server though, and the mobile app for that works just fine. Might be worth checking us out on there as well, if you're looking to get involved. Here's the link (because I know how annoying it is to click the banner links on a phone screen)

Looking forward to catching you in the CC some time soon Smile

Thanks for the warm welcome. Back in the day, I used to frequent another clan similar to OSRS Advice where many users would answer the questions of others. And I was extremely knowledgeable of RuneScape back then, so it made it extremely enjoyable to do boring tasks. Playing on Mobile means it's kind of difficult to communicate as my keyboard takes up more than half the screen. Also, I can't switch over to Zybez (I believe they shut down) to look up answers. That's probably the downsides to playing mobile. Right now, I'm just working on building money, and leveling up my account. I have 55-60 range and magic, 42 prayer, and the rest of my skills are 1, with a couple bring under 30. So eventually I do want to play P2P but I don't see much point if I'll be working on F2P content anyways. Maybe if I get enough for bonds, I'll switch to P2P but Disability doesn't pay as much as my job.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle! There seems to many truckers who are also bikers. Accidents happen, though and it's part of the life. Definitely wouldn't change it for the world.

Maybe I'll post some songs! But one of my favorite Paramoure songs, that's pretty good, is Still Into You. Many people consider it a love song, but i believe Hayley mentioned that song is in regards to the band, not s significant other. But it works as a love song, too. Which is pretty awesome.
Paramoure
Paramoure

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Mon May 25, 2020 12:50 pm

Hi Paramoure! I'm sorry to hear of your accident and injury. I hope you make a quick and complete recovery. Smile

That's impressive that you've been playing RuneScape for so long starting in Classic! I've been playing since 2006 and continued when it transitioned into RS3, which I played for years. I made a Classic account one of the times they opened it up though I didn't play other than walking around Lumbridge. I found it fascinating to see what the game was like when it began.

I started playing OSRS around the time it was released on mobile. I've been enjoying the nostalgia and re-learning things as well as learning new content. Though I don't play on mobile often, I occasionally do some skilling using my phone or iPad. I think it's great that players have the option to play on mobile!

Edit ~ You must have been posting your latest reply about the same time I was making my comment. Like you, I was also part of a help type chat - for me it was in RS3. I think it's a great way to help others while being part of a chat comprised of like minded people. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Tue May 26, 2020 2:20 am

I have a ton of trouble talking in-game when I'm playing on mobile as well. That's the main reason I never really log in via my phone anymore. The convenience is great, but it kind of prevents me from doing what I enjoy most, since the social aspect is more or less what keeps my playing most days.

It occurs to me that you might be interested in our music sharing channel(s) on Discord as well! We've been hanging out in voice chat a lot lately (with our mics muted), sharing music with each other for hooouurs at a time. I figure you might get a kick out of that Smile Would be awesome if you stopped by and shared some of your favourites with us!

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Tue May 26, 2020 6:46 am

Welcome! Your thread title caught my attention- just yesterday people were playing some Paramore in the voice chat as we were all listening hanging out. Our clan truly has a great atmosphere and I hope you come to experience that yourself Smile

@Syllabic already threw you a link to the discord and I highly recommend joining! There's a lot of good discussions that happen there, including channels for serious questions,  screenshots, and pets! You can even throw some of your own songs into the music channel if you'd like cheers

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure Dabna10

Just a simple introduction to me - Paramoure Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down