Lokandur
Shh Gg | Small Pulley
junglevip
11 posters

Go down

junglevip Goals Empty junglevip Goals

Post by junglevip Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:36 pm

I wanna be a man, mancub

Welcome to my goals thread! Last night I achieved my goal of level 80 in all non-combat related skills. Time for some new goals. Hopefully this helps me to stay on task and keep track of content I would like to complete Smile

Current Stats:

junglevip Goals XhDs41W

Current Goals:

- Reach level 80+ in all skills. Remaining skills: Attack (66), Strength (70), Defence (67), Hitpoints (74), Prayer (53), Slayer (71)
- Reach 100 Combat Level (85)
- Learn Nightmare Zone and imbue my slayer helm

Achieved so far:

- Legends Cape
- Barrows Gloves
- Quest Cape
- Fire Cape
- Mage Arena 2 Capes
- Unlock 1750 skill total worlds

On the back-burner:

- Obtain full Void Knight equipment
- Obtain a fighter torso
- Complete all remaining hard diaries:
  • Falador: waiting on 70 prayer, 72 slayer
  • Kandarin: waiting on 70 prayer, 70 defence
  • Karamja: waiting on 100 combat level
  • Morytania: waiting on 70 prayer, 70 defence
  • Western Provinces: waiting on 100 combat level
  • Wilderness: Requires me to know how to wildy boss lol ahh

Eventually...

- Reach my first ever 99
- Start bossing!

If you have any similar goals, perhaps we can help each other out!

Thanks for reading, see you in the cc  Smile

junglevip
junglevip

Back to top Go down

junglevip Goals Empty Re: junglevip Goals

Post by Shh Gg | Small Pulley Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 am

Nice set of goals Jungle and congrats on reaching 80+ non combats ! I always like to see people work and progress towards their goals. Good luck and be sure to keep us updated Smile

junglevip Goals 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:06 am

Great stuff mate, proud of you Smile

Let me know if you need help with anything

junglevip Goals NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Awesome progress Jungle - let me know if you need someone for ba to get your torso.
Bing

junglevip Goals NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Chemtrol Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm

Big grats on the 80's and all ur goals achieved to date! Feel free to message if u need an extra for BA or advice on NMZ. Best of luck in your future endeavours:)
Chemtrol

junglevip Goals U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by junglevip Thu May 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Hey all, thank you for the words of encouragement!

Progress:

It has been a few weeks since I created this thread and I'm pretty happy with my progress so far.

I've just ticked off base 80 stats and 100+ combat. This means I have the requisites for all my remaining hard diaries, as well as being ready for Song of the Elves and The Fremennik Exiles upon release. Perhaps I'll be ready for some bosses in the not too distant future! I think I will start off with some Skotizo since I have an Arclight and a few dark totems, if you have any gearing advice let me know!

In the mean time, I will set my sights on obtaining a fighter torso and full void equipment. If you would like to join me in Barbarian Assault and/or Pest Control, message me in-game @junglevip or reply here! I would love some company Smile

Current Stats:

junglevip Goals ZNXoR1j

Thanks for reading!
See you in the cc Smile
junglevip
junglevip

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Fri May 03, 2019 3:20 pm

Great progress mate - congrats on base 80s! Movin right along, if I'm in the cc let me know if you're doing BA and I'll join you if I'm not already bossing/raiding.

Also I just noticed the Jungle book reference Laughing
Bing

junglevip Goals NuD0cpJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Fri May 03, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm liking the layout of this thread alot!

also, keep up the gainz B)

junglevip Goals NuD0cpJ

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by junglevip Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:19 am

14 months later I think we're due for an update!

I'd like to revive my thread and post here more often with goals and progress on my account but to do so I need to bring you up to speed!

Quite a year its been ...

Firstly, picking up where I left off; I well and truly overstayed my welcome at Barbarian Assault getting L5 all and collecting all the equipment.

junglevip Goals 9SxMQIg

Secondly, I set myself to the task of collecting all 10 champion's scrolls to complete the Champion's Challenge.

Goblin: 720 kc
Ghoul: 241 kc
Hill Giant: 1678 kc
Jogre: 868 kc
Earth warrior: 367 kc
Zombie: 1124 kc
Hobgoblin: 7682 kc
Imp: 4834 kc
Lesser demon: 7154 kc
Skeleton: 31555 kc

Challenge complete!

junglevip Goals Wsy64Ix

I then set my sights on the Achievement Diary Cape! The +5 boosts were kind to me but it was quite a grind otherwise - particularly the 93 Slayer requirement.

junglevip Goals Eh5nu6k

Finally, I decided I would complete the set and go for the Music Cape! Quite a quick one for the most part. It was just the mimic that took a bit of patience.

junglevip Goals 7ay1KMm

And just like that, you're up to date! How's that for a summary.

Next?

I've set myself the long term goal of reaching a hiscores rank for every boss. This means that upon lookup my kc will appear for each boss instead of --. For most bosses this requires a kc of at least 50 with a couple of exceptions that require 10 or fewer. I figure this is a great way for me to try out a variety of content while keeping me fresh and motivated to play.

Tonight I ticked off both Gauntlet variants. Not sure which boss I'll be heading to next, but you're welcome to join me wherever I go!

In other news I am getting very close to my first ever 99! It's looking like Hitpoints will win the race, narrowly edging out Ranged and Farming. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing to celebrate but I'm thinking a drop party is in order.

Current Stats:

junglevip Goals WKB4lAs

Current Boss KC:

junglevip Goals YUVvQkO

Thanks for reading, see you in the cc!
junglevip
junglevip

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:21 pm

junglevip wrote:Goblin: 720 kc
Ghoul: 241 kc
Hill Giant: 1678 kc
Jogre: 868 kc
Earth warrior: 367 kc
Zombie: 1124 kc
Hobgoblin: 7682 kc
Imp: 4834 kc
Lesser demon: 7154 kc
Skeleton: 31555 kc

no

Seriously though, that's some fantastic progress. Putting me to shame over here! I knew you had the Champion's cape but I didn't realize you'd been ticking off everything the game has to offer in the meantime, haha. 2100 total is a great milestone as well. Crazy that you got there without picking up a single 99 along the way! The BA mastery is a sweet achievement as well. Not something I've ever been able to get the hang of unfortunately. Knocking that diary out is gonna be hell whenever I end up getting around to it.

I've set myself the long term goal of reaching a hiscores rank for every boss. This means that upon lookup my kc will appear for each boss instead of --. For most bosses this requires a kc of at least 50 with a couple of exceptions that require 10 or fewer. I figure this is a great way for me to try out a variety of content while keeping me fresh and motivated to play.

I know a couple clannies that have done this/are currently doing this. Super cool idea, and one I think I'd like to replicate someday. Would be a nice way to round out my bossing experience, since currently it's pretty focused on a select few that I do pretty often. Best of luck knocking out however many Zuk kills you need Wink

Tonight I ticked off both Gauntlet variants. Not sure which boss I'll be heading to next, but you're welcome to join me wherever I go!

I've yet to try either version of the Gauntlet, but it is something I'm interested in checking out. Not quite sure I have what it takes for Corrupted, but I'd like to get at least one completion so I can nab the cape. Would go well with the fashionscape I've been planning. Maybe I'll catch you there sometime.

In other news I am getting very close to my first ever 99! It's looking like Hitpoints will win the race, narrowly edging out Ranged and Farming. I'm not entirely sure what I'll be doing to celebrate but I'm thinking a drop party is in order.

You planning on keeping HP untrimmed, or do you not really care? I didn't bother keeping an untrimmed cape myself, since my first 99 was Fletching, lol. Early congrats by the way! Don't worry, we'll hold you to that drop party Laughing

junglevip Goals NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by junglevip Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:47 am

Thanks @Syllabic for the kind words! Those Skeletons really didn't want to give in, but it was my last scroll and I'll be damned if I'm going to stop at 9/10!

Syllabic wrote:2100 total is a great milestone as well. Crazy that you got there without picking up a single 99 along the way!

I've been tempted to just pick one skill at grind it to 99 for the sake of having one, but I've found that large grinds in a particular skill burn me out so I've used base stat goals instead. I'm slowly making my way towards base 90 stats!

Syllabic wrote:Knocking that diary out is gonna be hell whenever I end up getting around to it.

I'd be happy to join you when you go for the diary! Though it might take me a run or two to get back in the swing of things.

Syllabic wrote:I know a couple clannies that have done this/are currently doing this.

Oh that's really cool! I wasn't aware! I do think its a good way to experience the game and give some extra context to your account!

Syllabic wrote:I've yet to try either version of the Gauntlet, but it is something I'm interested in checking out. Not quite sure I have what it takes for Corrupted, but I'd like to get at least one completion so I can nab the cape. Would go well with the fashionscape I've been planning.

It is intimidating at first but you can do it! The recent changes seem to have made the collection phase more consistent, now most of the success/fail aspect comes from the boss fight itself. You can do it, just watch out for those tornadoes!

Syllabic wrote:You planning on keeping HP untrimmed, or do you not really care? I didn't bother keeping an untrimmed cape myself, since my first 99 was Fletching, lol. Early congrats by the way! Don't worry, we'll hold you to that drop party

I probably will keep an untrimmed version at least until I can compare it to the trimmed version to see which I prefer! I wouldn't want to dump it and then wish I hadn't.

Ps. I hope this doesn't ping you for each quote - I'm not that experienced with forums, you'll have to forgive me Laughing
junglevip
junglevip

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:43 pm

I've been tempted to just pick one skill at grind it to 99 for the sake of having one, but I've found that large grinds in a particular skill burn me out so I've used base stat goals instead. I'm slowly making my way towards base 90 stats!

Yeah, I totally feel that. I need to maintain some level of variety or I end up getting burnt out very quickly. I've picked up a few 99s along the way, but none of them are very prestigious (Fletching, Cooking, and Strength in that order). Base 90s is a much better goal than maxing any single stat, in my opinion. There's a lot to be said for having a well-rounded account!

I'd be happy to join you when you go for the diary! Though it might take me a run or two to get back in the swing of things.

Would certainly appreciate the help, but I'm not sure you're aware of what you're offering there Laughing In all seriousness, I'll definitely be getting around to it some point, but it'll take some time for me to reacquaint myself. Been years and years since I last did any BA, and that was back when I was a kid and hardly had any idea what I was doing anyway, haha.

It is intimidating at first but you can do it! The recent changes seem to have made the collection phase more consistent, now most of the success/fail aspect comes from the boss fight itself. You can do it, just watch out for those tornadoes!

Will likely be trying regular Gauntlet within the next week or two here, once I'm able to muster the courage/find the time. Need to finish nabbing 1k crystal shards so I can charge my Blade of Saeldor FeelsOkayMan Should end up being good practice for other kinds of PVM at any rate.

I probably will keep an untrimmed version at least until I can compare it to the trimmed version to see which I prefer! I wouldn't want to dump it and then wish I hadn't.

Untrimmed is absolutely my favourite version of the HP cape. Definitely recommend keeping it that way! Little bit more prestigious as well, since most people tend to already have another cape by that point, in my experience.

And don't sweat it, I only got pinged for the @ at the very top. Would have seen your reply no matter what though, since each post in here moves it back to the Latest Topics section on the front page Smile

junglevip Goals NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:16 pm

excellent progress on your account very entertaining to read through everything! keep up the amazing work! idk I quite like the hp cape trimmed <3 so pretty! so fashionscape! <3 Very Happy
COCOMARBELLA

junglevip Goals OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by junglevip Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:41 pm

@Syllabic, good luck at the Gauntlet! I'd say it does leave you better at PVM. It gives you plenty of experience switching gear and prayers while manoeuvring the tornadoes, tiles and keeping out from under Hunllef.

@INOXXENTRISA, thanks for the kind words! I think I'll keep the untrimmed for now ... at least until I accidentally trim it!

Last night I decided to get 99 Hitpoints! As my first 99 this had me beaming for a good 30 minutes. I haven't taken the cape off since ...

junglevip Goals B8RozUW

As for what's next, it seems like a combination of learning the GWD bosses with some Slayer on the side. I am now 160k Slayer XP away from 95 which will unlock my last Slayer-locked boss, Hydra. I've heard very mixed things about Hydra including the incredibly long task length, but I am keen to try it out and hopefully snag a drop or two!

junglevip
junglevip

Back to top Go down

Post by occeann Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:13 pm

good luck mate!
occeann
occeann

junglevip Goals YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:46 am

Congrats on your recent achievements and good luck toward your new goals. Smile

Also, I just wanted to say I love how you included the animated gif's when showing your accomplishments. <3
Spiritika
Spiritika

junglevip Goals YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by junglevip Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 am

It has been an eventful month!

I took on my first of the GWD bosses reaching 53 Zammy kc, landing me on the hiscores, albeit on one of the very last pages. In the process, I reached 95 Slayer allowing me to complete my first Hydra task. I got my first unique at 160 kc, obtaining a Hydra's Eye!

In terms of levels, I reached the long awaited 99 Ranged. A nice milestone to tick off and one that I could put to use straight away at Hydra.

junglevip Goals RwQsjhx

I also reached 99 Farming! I have Fossil Island to thank for this one for its incredibly rewarding and undemanding hardwood tree patches.

junglevip Goals M7T4cf7

In other news, my untrimmed Hitpoints cape lasted all of one month before I accidentally trimmed it in the process of getting 99 Farming. I had dropped it one herb patch early and hastily picked it up without using tele-grab while under the false sense of security of having 98 Farming (oops!). I did like the untrimmed cape but it was bound to happen eventually so I'm not too bummed.

In the following weeks I imagine I'll be continuing to split my time between training skills and adding to my boss kc. I am working towards reaching 90 base stats and currently have just 4 skills that remain lower than level 90; Runecrafting, Agility, Mining and Smithing. In terms of bossing, I expect I'll be heading back to the GWD as I have some Ecumenical Keys to burn, though I would like to take on Cerberus as soon as I am given a Hellhounds task!

junglevip
junglevip

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:15 pm

Man, all those posts about people accidentally trimming their HP cape makes me not feel as bad... I did the same thing a few months ago =p. Guess it's less painful to accidentally trim it sooner rather than later, ehh? 

Nice job on the boss KCs, and best of luck on your base 90s goal. I actually have the same goal right now, and funnily enough, I have mostly the same skills left as you do.

Looking forward to the next progress update! =)
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

junglevip Goals 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down