Neck injury

5 posters

Go down

Neck injury Empty Neck injury

Post by WeaknSilly Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:51 pm

Heyooo how's it going everyone. I suppose this is kind of RS related but not at the same time.

So yesterday I went in for an Xray and was told I have a herniated disc in my C spine. I'm pretty gutted about the whole thing, I'm normally super active. I love running, compete in a bit of Muay Thai and just enjoy exercise in general.

I was wondering if anyone here has had an injury that has had an extended recovery period and what they did during that time to keep yourself sane I suppose. Of course I wanna know some good runescape goals for myself aswell and obviously you're the best people to ask Very Happy!

Hit me with some suggestions my RS fam
WeaknSilly
WeaknSilly

Neck injury YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Neck injury Empty Re: Neck injury

Post by KingNightfury Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:20 pm

hey man! hope your recovery goes well! maybe you could try going for like base 90s or something? or come learn this new mini game ! its pretty fun and can def find clannies doing it right now! ez rc xp Smile maybe diaries as well is a good goal
KingNightfury

Neck injury YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by EvanK-Hell Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:04 am

The recover time is different for everyone, can be from few weeks to several months.

I've learned some marshal arts myself, you may have moved your body too fast while practising Muay Thai. After that you may have experienced some short (even few seconds of sharp cold weather.) One of the most common reasons why this may have happened to you is short but sharp wind in the morning or evening, this has happened to me before and recover time was few weeks.

You basically need to take a brake from training and stay warm, no running : )

Wearing a high-necked hoodie was a small thing that helped me. If you have small children, dogs, cats, don't let them jump on you or sleep on you. Try sleep on your back mostly with comfy but lower pillow (this part idk how to correctly explain in english). My neck and back hurted quite badly for the first week mainly because sleeping wrong. Most likely you have just like i did a nerve root issue, your hands may feel a bit weird sometimes.

NOTE: If you have balance issues, unable to walk, coordination issues or bladder/bowel issues, call the doctor without any extra thinking!

I did take some pain pills at the start of it but not for a long time, my mom is a DR, so i have that helping + side.
EvanK-Hell
EvanK-Hell

Neck injury YP5zkAJ

Zamorak

Back to top Go down

Post by shopferix Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:50 am

Well, as for keeping sane, try to keep some activity (I am sure the doctor gave you the do and don'ts) whether its as much as a simple walk around the block a couple times a day. Most of all listen to your body, if there is pain, don't push it.

RS wise, creeped your stats, my suggestion is going towards Quest Point Cape, hard diaries, then base 80s. I did it in that order, and it helps break things down into smaller chunks, and if you get bored with one skill, lots of others to train!

All the best in your recovery, hope it is a quick one!
shopferix
shopferix

Neck injury YP5zkAJ

KBD

Back to top Go down

Post by WeaknSilly Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:00 pm

Cheers for the suggestions everyone! I think I do like the sound of that quest cape. For now I think I'll work on unlocking the fury on my iron though.
WeaknSilly
WeaknSilly

Neck injury YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Chord0 Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:55 pm

Wishing you well. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Chord0
Chord0

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum