Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun!

5 posters

Go down

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! Empty Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun!

Post by Garthloc Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:02 pm

Hey all,

I already let a couple friends know in game, but I wanted to make a post here before I disconnect from the discord and offsite as well.

My account (in game name Garthlocde) was banned on August 24th for use of a macro. My account started 15 or 16 years ago. I had a fairly decent account that became a RS3 account whenever that transition happened. I hadn't played for about 7 years when mobile came along. I enjoyed the nostalgia of the OSRS version that I enjoyed during the majority of my accounts existence, HOWEVER... I'm a husband, a father of two, a business owner of a very demanding financial institution, etc etc etc. I have 168 hours a week with 56 going to sleep and 70-75 going to work. That leaves me 42 hours for family, exercise, reading, friends, travel time, and everything else including gaming. I knew I wasn't going to start over in Old School and have any fun for years sooooo I decided to run what turned into about a two year experiment and I experimented with botting for the horribly grindy stuff. I was pretty careful to not interfere with the culture of the game or break anything, opting to run the bot no more than a few hours a day or what I used to put into gaming, only picking methods of training I would normally train myself, and being careful to not bring a ton of resources or gold into the game through botting.

I fully expected to get banned loooooong before the two year mark with how much Jagex promotes their sophisticated bot detection and it was inevitable. I just wanted to enjoy some of that nostalgic content like godswords that I needed higher stats for and I pretty much accomplished my to do list and more. Got a quest cape again, used the various godswords, barraged a few slayer tasks, all the stuff I remember enjoying as a kid haha.

I wanted to thank you all for building a fun clan. I especially enjoyed the weekend events and social nature of the clan. It added quite a bit to the enjoyment of the game.

I may play the game again if it's still around if/when my kids ever get into computer games. Until then though, I wish you all well!
Garthloc
Garthloc

Back to top Go down

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! Empty Re: Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun!

Post by Tinnitus Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Hey man,

I totally understand why you did what you did - 70 hour work weeks? Goodness, props to you for being able to work so much (let alone owning your own business), AND be a husband and father. OSRS is and will always be a grindy game, I'm just very fortunate to have the time right now to spend on the game. I know once I graduate in a few years, I won't be in the same position. Even if your account got banned, like you said, you still experienced the nostalgia trip that is the reason most of us started playing OSRS again for anyway. In the end, life outside the game is the most important thing.

Best of luck with everything Smile
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! Empty Re: Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun!

Post by Spiritika Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi Garthlocde,
I'm sure it's disappointing to have your account banned after having it for so many years. Crying or Very sad Like Tinnitus said, at least you got to experience some of the nostalgia of OSRS and enjoy that aspect of the game.

If the game is still around when/if your children get into computer games, I highly recommend doing that. I used to play RuneScape with my children (now adults) when they were young and it was a lot of fun playing together. All the best to you and your family. <3
Spiritika
Spiritika

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:57 am

You know, I always kinda wondered about your insane ongoing Thieving grind.

I'm sad to see you go. Sounds like we were lucky to have you around for as long as we did, even disregarding the botting experiment. Quite the busy life you lead.

All the best to you and your family. There's always a place here for you, should you ever return.

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Garthloc Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Haha that Thieving was kinda funny. The only reason for that was to cover bond expenses every 2 weeks. Again, I expected a few months tops so it got a bit crazy with the whole 40M experience.

Appreciate the well wishes all!
Garthloc
Garthloc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:24 pm

Garth! I'm gonna miss calling you out when you say hi in cc Sad
I always felt once you got 20 minutes out of tutorial island, it's too late...ya stuck!!
If your schedule cleans up, please come back and play some more Smile

All the best bud!
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Quitting Game - Thanks for the fun! YP5zkAJ

Goats

Back to top Go down