+2
Syllabic
Gr8 P0tat0
6 posters

Go down

Hello world! Empty Hello world!

Post by Gr8 P0tat0 Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Hey everyone!

Although my RS account is over a year old, I never really did get into OSRS until ~2 months ago. Ever since I started to get into the game more, I have been dipping my feet into everything to get a feel for the game, going exploring to learn the game's landscape, and finding what I enjoy, so I really don't have a favorite thing to do at the moment.

Outside of the world of Gielinor, I am, currently, a senior in high school in AP and honours classes. Some of the things I like to do is build computers, study computer science, create websites, work with Discord servers and Discord bots, make YouTube videos, and play games in general, especially video games made by the company, Supercell, such as Clash of Clans and Brawl Stars.

I found this clan through the RuneScape Forums, and considering the clan is called "OSRS Advice," I hope that I could receive advice and guidance to make learning the game a smoother process. In return, as I learn more about the game myself, I hope I can apply what I know in order to help others and help make the clan the best it can be and help the RS community as a whole.

I look forward to hopping on in the CC and Discord server, and I look forward to meeting some new faces and hopefully make some new friends. Very Happy

Ash
Gr8 P0tat0
Gr8 P0tat0

Back to top Go down

Hello world! Empty Re: Hello world!

Post by Syllabic Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Hey there, welcome. You're a good bit younger than most of the playerbase, I'd wager. How'd you first get into the game? Happy to see it's got some appeal among a younger generation that might not have grown up playing it (Not that your age matters to us at all, besides being a talking point Smile)

Sounds like you're a pretty multi-talented dude. I know I wasn't going out of my way to make AP/Honours classes when I was in highschool. That'll put you in a great spot with College/Uni on the horizon. Just don't get addicted to Runescape and fail out, or something. You wouldn't be the first Laughing

And yeah, feel free to ask questions when you need. Always happy to help. Keep that up, and before long I'm sure you'll be turning the tables and giving others advice in turn.

Be seeing you.

Hello world! NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Hey TheGr8P0tat0,

Welcome! We are glad to have you. I actually play all of the big 3 games Supercell has out, including brawl stars, clash royale, and clash of clans. Overall though, I'd say clash royale is my favorite of all. I played Clash of Clans a ton high school, and we managed to form a full clan of 50 people from our band and got on an absolute sick win streak for wars. Man, those were good times Smile

Speaking of high school, good on you for taking AP classes. I took both AP and dual credit, and it was very worth it. Started undergraduate with a nice amount of credit hours down the belt - makes it much less stressful thinking about graduating on time if money is a big issue.

Best of luck in game - not having a favorite thing to do and just general exploration of the game is a nice stage to be in. Be seeing you in game! Smile
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Hello world! 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by iron_xoriat Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Welcome! I joined the clan a few weeks ago and it's been great so far.
I studied Computer Science and I enjoy building websites/web apps in my free time too. What languages/frameworks have you learned for CS/Web Development?

Hope to see you around in game
iron_xoriat
iron_xoriat

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Welcome to the clan it is a good idea to try everything out it gives you more experience in each area, I need to learn to do that as well.
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Hello world! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8 P0tat0 Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:34 pm

Syllabic wrote:Hey there, welcome. You're a good bit younger than most of the playerbase, I'd wager. How'd you first get into the game? Happy to see it's got some appeal among a younger generation that might not have grown up playing it (Not that your age matters to us at all, besides being a talking point Smile)

Hey Syllabic,

Runescape was a term that was thrown around in a lot of different areas, but I didn't know much more than the name when I did.

I think my interest in the game first formed when I saw a meme on the r/dogelore subreddit that made a reference to the Falador Massacre. I didn't get the reference at first, but a Reddit user provided some context, and I looked into it a little myself as well.

It may not make much sense, that event getting me into the game, but I have been playing MMO games for a while, the first one being Clash of Clans, which I started to play in early 2013. The playstyle for that game is different than a "traditional MMO," I liked the game, and I still enjoy playing it today, but I also wanted to try an MMO that is more traditional, one that has grinding, bosses, loot, levels, etc.

After looking for an MMO that I could sink my teeth into, OSRS was one that piqued my interest. After learning about the Falador Massacre, I also realized the long history Runescape has, which is something that the MMOs I've tried with didn't have. Along with this, OSRS also came with a fairly stable community and dev team, which a lot of the MMOs I've tried didn't have a stable community and/or didn't have a dev team that was dedicated to improving their game. Although the graphics and tick mechanics are... er... different than most games, I still decided to give the game a chance. Along with other factors, this is how I got into OSRS.

Syllabic wrote:Sounds like you're a pretty multi-talented dude. I know I wasn't going out of my way to make AP/Honours classes when I was in highschool. That'll put you in a great spot with College/Uni on the horizon. Just don't get addicted to Runescape and fail out, or something. You wouldn't be the first Laughing

And yeah, feel free to ask questions when you need. Always happy to help. Keep that up, and before long I'm sure you'll be turning the tables and giving others advice in turn.

Be seeing you.

AP & honours classes certainly are nice for a lot of reasons, and, like you said, college benefits is one of them. Admittingly, I guess you could say I've become somewhat addicted to Clash of Clans, as I've been playing it almost every day for 2+ years, however, I have always put my life first. I certainly won't let Runescape get the best of me. Smile

Thanks for the warm man, and I hope I see you soon.
Gr8 P0tat0
Gr8 P0tat0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8 P0tat0 Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 pm

Tinnitus wrote:Hey TheGr8P0tat0,

Welcome! We are glad to have you. I actually play all of the big 3 games Supercell has out, including brawl stars, clash royale, and clash of clans. Overall though, I'd say clash royale is my favorite of all. I played Clash of Clans a ton high school, and we managed to form a full clan of 50 people from our band and got on an absolute sick win streak for wars. Man, those were good times Smile

I also play Clash Royale a little as well, but I mainly play it with IRL friends, which, due to the pandemic we're in, is kind of tough. It's fun, but it's not something I'd play a whole lot to be honest, but that's just me.

Tinnitus wrote:Speaking of high school, good on you for taking AP classes. I took both AP and dual credit, and it was very worth it. Started undergraduate with a nice amount of credit hours down the belt - makes it much less stressful thinking about graduating on time if money is a big issue.

Best of luck in game - not having a favorite thing to do and just general exploration of the game is a nice stage to be in. Be seeing you in game! Smile

AP and honours classes help for sure. One of the reasons why I took the classes, along with college benefits is simply that the people and even teachers you meet in those classes are better. It's sad to say this, but it's nice being in a class with people that understand the point of wearing a mask and keeping your hands clean.

I agree, being in the exploration stage isn't a bad place to be in at all.

I look forward to seeing you in-game as well. Very Happy
Gr8 P0tat0
Gr8 P0tat0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8 P0tat0 Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:42 pm

Maria Kati wrote:Welcome to the clan it is a good idea to try everything out it gives you more experience in each area, I need to learn to do that as well.

It's never too late to try. Very Happy
Gr8 P0tat0
Gr8 P0tat0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8 P0tat0 Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:05 pm

iron_xoriat wrote:Welcome! I joined the clan a few weeks ago and it's been great so far.
I studied Computer Science and I enjoy building websites/web apps in my free time too. What languages/frameworks have you learned for CS/Web Development?

Hope to see you around in game

In general, HTML, CSS, Java and Lua are the languages I am most familiar with. I want to learn Python as well, but I haven't really put much time and effort into learning it.

For web designing, I mainly use Dreamweaver. Google Sites is also an option, but that's if I am feeling really lazy. Laughing

Thanks for the warm welcome. Looking forward to seeing you around too. Very Happy
Gr8 P0tat0
Gr8 P0tat0

Back to top Go down

Post by OmniRick Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:04 pm

Hey, I'm resident quest lobbyist, so how's your progress on questing?
OmniRick
OmniRick

Hello world! YP5zkAJ

Ancient Sigil

Back to top Go down

Post by Gr8 P0tat0 Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:27 pm

OmniRick wrote:Hey, I'm resident quest lobbyist, so how's your progress on questing?

Hmm, I'm making steady progress overall. Sometimes I'll do a bunch of quests in one bunch, and other times, I'll not do any for a while to explore or grind. I have 116 quest points, and I've been using the Optimal Quest Guide, although I haven't been following that religiously by any means.
Gr8 P0tat0
Gr8 P0tat0

Back to top Go down