Spiritika
Zvny
Syllabic
Nitnat
This Land
SaintSix
13 posters

Go down

Guess we never really quit. Empty Guess we never really quit.

Post by SaintSix Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:08 am

Hey there mates,
Back to OSRS from a somewhere close to a 6 year hiatus. I think I first picked up Runescape around 2005 and played pretty consistently until the EOC update which made me turn away from the game. Left somewhere in 2014-2015 simply due to boredom and lot of my friends who played the game switching to other games plus academical commitments.

Now we're back to do that goal we set out to do in 2005. At least max one account. But then I saw raids and all the other cool stuff so uh, yeah that's probably gonna get pushed down another few years.

I am from Australia. Anyone from Australia will probably get a chuckle over the username and my RS name (Optus NBN). My account was initially a skiller and I'm honestly not sure what became of my main but this is currently the only account I play on.

Main goals include;
- Get all my combat stats above 90 to fully convert this into a main.
- Elite diaries
- Learn raids
- Do Inferno Learn to fly through the sheer force of my sexual intensity.

Hope to see y'all in game!

Last edited by Optus on Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
SaintSix
SaintSix

Back to top Go down

Guess we never really quit. Empty Re: Guess we never really quit.

Post by This Land Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:11 am

Welcome mate Smile

Good to see you found your way onto the offsite to make an introduction! Was nice to chat with you already on our discord server. Both the offsite and the discord are excellent resources for seeing what events we have going on. They're all entirely optional, but you'd be welcome to all if any of them tickled your fancy so to speak.

Wishing you all the best with your current goals for in-game. One of our clannies TurtleWurdle hosts learner raids fairly often so make sure to hit him up in-game, on here or on the discord to join in on that!

Looking forward to catching up with you more bud! PM is always on in-game if you need anything. Until then, take care and stay safe!

Best,
Mitch
This Land
This Land

Guess we never really quit. YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nitnat Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:44 am

Ello mate! (do people actually start conversations like that?)

I just looked up Austrailian slangs/phrases and I'm having quite a chuckle over here! I hope to visit Austrailia oneday!!

Sounds like some sick RS goals, you got this, you got this x5!
Nitnat
Nitnat

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Ayo Optus, glad you found us. Welcome back to the game! I started playing in 2005 as well, though I quit a bit before EOC released (2009 I think?). Didn't start up on OSRS until last year though, so I had a ton of catching up to do! Starting earlier would have been nice, but as with your situation school/work/life kinda precluded me from wanting to invest my time in MMOs. Got more free time these days, and would eventually maybe like to max myself, but it's still a long way out. Plenty of other content to explore in the meantime, and at the end of the day I tend to enjoy myself more when I'm not playing super efficiently Smile

Great set of goals you've got there btw. Would love to get the diary cape someday, although my progress toward that up to this point has been less than stellar (think I've only got mediums done at the moment, haha). Getting into more higher-level PVM/raids interests me as well, and as Mitch said we're pretty lucky to have folks willing to teach when you're ready.

Do Inferno Learn to fly through the sheer force of my sexual intensity.

Gonna be honest, I think that latter option might be off the table for me. Infernal cape would be sweet though. I look forward to buying one on a private server a decade from now after the game finally dies, cuz I know for a fact I'm never going to be good enough to get one legit Laughing

Guess we never really quit. NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zvny Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:53 pm

Hope you have a great time in the CC which I think will be very easy, glad to see you join(lots of aussies to talk with)!

Hope I can chat with you soon in cc Smile

And I hope that flying pays off just dont start high Very Happy

Welcome
Zvny
Zvny

Guess we never really quit. 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi Optus! Like you, I've played RuneScape for quite a while - for me 2006, so a bit after you started. I played off and on throughout the years. I didn't start playing OSRS until around the time it was released on mobile though not often until recently. I've been enjoying the nostalgia aspect of re-learning things but I'm also having fun discovering the new content.

Welcome to the clan! Good luck on your goals of 90 combat stats, diaries, and raids. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:21 pm

Yo Optus,

Welcome back to the game! I also quit during EoC, but came back with the release of OSRS. There's a quote that Mod Jane (IIRC) saying something along the lines of players never truly quit... we only go AFK (she stated on the Runescape documentary video on YT). It's a statement that has always stuck with me and is very true for many players.

I would love to complete the Inferno, but still think I'm quite a ways off gear wise. But, I recently started doing CoX. 10/10 would recommend checking out TurtleWurlde's learner raids... he's a very cool dude (cc member here) and instructor that taught me a lot. He hosts them pretty often, so it shouldn't be hard to find an opportunity for it.

Catch you in the cc bud FeelsOkayMan
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Guess we never really quit. 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guitarist141 Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:58 pm

Hey and welcome Smile
It's true, we can never really seem to ever truly leave this game...
I agree with the others; Turtle taught me how to do CoX and is a good way to get into it!! Learners always going out so join in sometime.

Cya in game!
Guitarist141
Guitarist141

Goats

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier J 9 Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:22 pm

Hey optus! Lot of returning rs players, love it. Glad you joined the offsite and the cc. See you in game!

-J
Soldier J 9
Soldier J 9

Back to top Go down

Guess we never really quit. Empty Welcome

Post by Maria Kati Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:09 pm

Very Happy WELCOME BACK!I really enjoyed your chat in cc today! I began rs in 2005 and also quit when eoc began, but I was watching a video this January and it reminded me of fond  gaming memories so decided to see whats up and never left.. Have a great time..
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:00 am

Oi Optus, care to explain why my internet is rubbish atm, sick and tired of paying for a service you aren't providing!

Just kidding, but defo had that convo with Telstra haha

Welcome to the clan fellow Aussie! very true we never really quit, I've tried a few times but always get sucked back into the game lol

Good luck on all your goals and hope to catch you in the clan chat Very Happy
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by 11 Eleven Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Welcome back!

Guess we never really quit. U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by occeann Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:59 pm

WE NEVER QUIT WE JUST TAKE EXTENDED BREAKS. good to have you.
occeann
occeann

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintSix Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:38 pm

Thanks for all those who replied! I have been in the cc for close to a week now and everyone has been fantastic. Very Happy

Also, completed my goal of 90 combat stats today! Sitting on base 90s or more on everything (except prayer, lol, 80) as of today!
SaintSix
SaintSix

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:31 am

Optus wrote:Also, completed my goal of 90 combat stats today! Sitting on base 90s or more on everything (except prayer, lol, 80) as of today!

Congrats on reaching one of your goals! Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down