Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th)

+6
ladybird2
The_Gamed
DabbingBrb
Tinnitus
Syllabic
Mimikyutie
10 posters

Go down

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) Empty Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th)

Post by Mimikyutie Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:44 pm

Hey everyone!

Last night, I had the utmost pleasure of holding a very impromptu Barrows mass to celebrate my birthday. We had a pretty decent turnout of clannies who came out and ran Barrows with me. It was so much fun that I thought we could actually orchestrate a giant Barrows event for everyone to properly plan for and participate in!

So next week on Sunday, July 19th at 12:00pm MST, I wish to host a mass clan event at Barrows!

If you've never done Barrows before, it is considered one of the easiest "bosses" in Oldschool Runescape. It is a small gauntlet of fights with several different apparitions, leading down into a crypt where you will ultimately loot a grand chest! The possible loot from the chest includes the various pieces of Barrows armor, runes, gp, and clue scrolls! Armor requirements can range from cheap to mightily expensive. Bring some Range gear to take down Ahrim, then Mage everything else! Super simple to gear for!

While this event is planned to be a fun romp through a graveyard, I plan on donating all my loot gained from the event to OSRS Advice, but don't feel pressured to do the same! Maybe you don't want to get rid of your Barrows gear that you loot. Maybe you only want to give your gp or your runes. Maybe you don't want to give ANY of it away! That's completely fine!

If you are in the mood to tackle some ghosts, be at the Barrows Graveyard next Sunday! I hope to see you all there! Very Happy
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) M38wJkj

Back to top Go down

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) Empty Re: Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th)

Post by Syllabic Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Was cool to see so many people getting involved in something so hastily put together (and I mean that in the politest way possible, haha). Everyone obviously had a ton of fun, and I'm glad to see you're planning a redux so soon. Barrows is a great idea for a clan event. Can't beat accessibility!

Haven't done any Barrows at all since back in 2009 or so, when I barely knew what I was doing. Many would argue that I still don't, but I'll hopefully be tagging along and giving it my best shot anyway Laughing

And thank you in advance for the generosity! Pressure or not, I'm sure a lot of people that attend will be following your lead and contributing to the clan bank. Anything to help Bear over-fund another drop party Wink

See you there, and don't forget to pop over to the #events channel in Discord as well. I like to think most people don't bother muting that one, haha.

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) Empty Re: Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th)

Post by Tinnitus Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:37 pm

Had a blast at the impromptu mass, even though I didn't join until last minute. Managed to snag two pretty cool items =p. I hope you had the most awesome birthday man. I'm always down to do some barrows, so I'm looking forward to the event next Sunday!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:56 pm

I really appreciate that you guys came out, even if it was hastily done and only for like an hour. It really made my bday that much better.

I look forward to next weekend when we can all do it properly and generate some cash stack for the clan bank! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:31 pm

Was a very fun time. Even broke my 60 something dry streak cheers

Also it was the cherry on top that we both got an elite clue at the very end back to back! Hope I can attend the next one, and once again I hope you had a good birthday man!

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) Dabna10

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Gamed Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:37 pm

Will definitely try my hardest to make this not 100% sure if i'm working that day or not yet, such a great idea Mimi and what a wonderful way to bring back to the clan!
The_Gamed
The_Gamed

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:00 am

Sounds like you had great fun, and belated happy birthday...for the benefit of dinosaurs like me can we have time in utc to match the clan clock please as it makes it much simpler for any time zone to know when an event , and stops people missing things as hours go on and off around the world. Thanks.....and good luck everyone cheers
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:48 pm

Certainly!

12:00pm MST = 6:00PM UTC, at least according to this convertor I found. I'll make it a point to be on all morning that day to remind people of the start time. Very Happy
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ellipsism Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:55 am

thanks for hosting last week, it was fun! hope you had a great birthday!

i'll try to come again next time Smile
ellipsism
ellipsism

Back to top Go down

Post by Midase Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:01 pm

this sounds really good, i dont think i can make it but i hope to be there in future
Midase
Midase

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) YP5zkAJ

Chompy

Back to top Go down

Post by Midase Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:13 pm

I can actually come to this so looking forward to it:)
Midase
Midase

Chompy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:16 pm

You guys, thank you all SO MUCH for making this event such a fun time.

After we were all said and done, the donations I received totaled out to almost 5m! To name-drop a few, Kati Ai, Szlvr, vToTeNkOpFv, Balgus, Blame ur RNG, ellipsism, SpangeBerb, Garthlocde, Soldier J 9, Nonchalance, xmiserable, Free Melly....you guys are AWESOME! (I may have missed a name or two, but I still love you too!)

That's cash going straight to the CC Coffers, so great job and THANK YOU for all you guys gave!

We DEFINITELY have to do this again! Very HappyMimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) R0XCcAU
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:28 pm

thank you everyone for your generous donations, I have made the offer to Bear to cash it out if its easier for Advice and round it up to 5m, depending on what he chooses.. I am glad you all had a fun event...and it was well rewarded Smile
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:48 pm

aww thats so nice of you mimi for donating that to the cc every little goes towards a huge and rewarding benefit and fun events that we can successfully hold so that you for deciding to donate that and keeping our clan alive!
COCOMARBELLA

Mimikyutie's Bounty From Barrows! (Barrows Mass, Sun. Jul. 19th) OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Mimikyutie Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Don't get it wrong! That screenie was the accumulated donations from everyone! I can't take sole credit! Very Happy
Mimikyutie
Mimikyutie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:33 am

Donation rounded up and paid 5m to Bear last night with thanks to everyone on Mimi's list who donated...on your behalf ...great job Smile
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Kati Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:03 am

Very Happy Looking forward to another one ty MiMI was a great time!
Maria Kati
Maria Kati

Back to top Go down