+3
Tinnitus
reenie 01
Avallan
7 posters

Go down

Meg's Crochet Obsession Empty Meg's Crochet Obsession

Post by Avallan Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:40 am

So after a shock discovering that someone else in the clan is also a crocheter, it got me super excited and I've now realised I've never shown off my work in here (I swear to god I did, although I can't find any thread or anything on it now lol)

So here is my crochet, this is usually what I'm also doing while I'm playing RS and listening to Netflix.

Apologies for pic spam lol

Meg's Crochet Obsession CvGE4P2

Meg's Crochet Obsession ET4ZCMr

Meg's Crochet Obsession AuWOVMa

Meg's Crochet Obsession WYkooXQ

Meg's Crochet Obsession UfKY02Y

Meg's Crochet Obsession A5LyZd6

Meg's Crochet Obsession O98ZuqN

Meg's Crochet Obsession QPstHak

Meg's Crochet Obsession TCiLZhL

Meg's Crochet Obsession FfPFU48

Meg's Crochet Obsession 4XsJMCC

Meg's Crochet Obsession CJ5LDsz

Meg's Crochet Obsession YYvt5ck

Meg's Crochet Obsession O3uClhp

Meg's Crochet Obsession NBKZ0Sd

Meg's Crochet Obsession XRCGMCu

Meg's Crochet Obsession NN3OLzh

Meg's Crochet Obsession 0vcbcoB

This is the very first crochet project I made, I thought myself to crochet via youtube about 7 years ago now, my daughter who was 6 at the time wanted a rainbow crochet blanket we saw at a little boutique that was being sold for about $200 and I wasn't prepared to pay that much so I came home and taught myself and made her a rainbow crochet blanket lol

Meg's Crochet Obsession TkNIDGL

Last edited by Megnificent on Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Avallan
Avallan

Meg's Crochet Obsession YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Meg's Crochet Obsession Empty Re: Meg's Crochet Obsession

Post by reenie 01 Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:43 am

meg, these are absolutely beautiful!!!!! you are so talented <3
reenie 01
reenie 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:11 am

Heard you talking about this in chat earlier, so I had to check it out. These are awesome!!!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

Meg's Crochet Obsession 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 am

Tinnitus wrote:Heard you talking about this in chat earlier, so I had to check it out. These are awesome!!!

Thanks so much Tinnitus! I had fun searching through all my photos and albums, both my kids are featured in the pics, gave me a giggle seeing my daughters annoyed face in the minnie mouse beanie pic, if looks could kill lol

Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am

Jeez Meg, these are fantastic! I especially love the pastels/muted colours that you've used in some of them. Have you ever thought about selling them online, or is it just a passion project for you? I definitely think there'd be an audience for it, and you've already got some pretty professional pictures besides Pepo Heart

And yeah, your daughter looks like she's about to pull some Home Alone shenanigans on you when you least expect it Laughing

Meg's Crochet Obsession NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 am

Syllabic wrote:Jeez Meg, these are fantastic! I especially love the pastels/muted colours that you've used in some of them. Have you ever thought about selling them online, or is it just a passion project for you? I definitely think there'd be an audience for it, and you've already got some pretty professional pictures besides Pepo Heart

And yeah, your daughter looks like she's about to pull some Home Alone shenanigans on you when you least expect it Laughing

Thanks Syll! I have never sold any of my work, I just do it because I love it and it's great for my mental health, hubby has been at me to sell my work but I just lack the confidence putting a price tag on my work, I'm also afraid that if I start selling my work it will no longer be a passion but rather a chore, I love gifting family and friends and I even make items for my work as I work in Aged Care and lap blankets are always welcomed for residents <3
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by COCOMARBELLA Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:55 am

Omg wow Meg that's so beautiful I love the colours its so vibrant! This is amazing you should consider selling this online I would defo order if you ever did! I love pastel colours blues and pinks <3 this is amazing!! and I honestly don't know how you do it haha play this rs, Netflix music all at once :O so cool!
COCOMARBELLA

Meg's Crochet Obsession OUwuWDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:24 am

Thanks Risa, thats really lovely to say <3 I'm generally terrible at multitasking, but you just get used to it, I love afk skills the most as I can get a lot more crochet done while training them lol

I'm a huge fan of rainbows so a lot of my crochet tends to reflect that, I'm currently working on a tartan blanket for my son that is blue/green/black and I am struggling as I can't stand those colours but they're his clan colours (he's half Scottish) so it's meaningful for him <3
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:37 am

Wonderful work Meg......I totally get your comment about making to order taking the hobby/fun element out of creativity......it must take you hours and hours to produce such lovely things......I am full of admiration...however I do think you could test the water with a pinterest shop, or the like...if you had a creative over flow, it at least gives you a guide to what things sell for and if its worth it, and I wouldnt do requests, I'd stick to what you like doing and sell 1 offs...you already know from your blanket that you feel less inspired if working with colours that have less appeal for you, and there is lots to like from your own unique taste. Like a Star @ heaven and very nice presentation.
ladybird2

Meg's Crochet Obsession NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallan Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:16 am

Thanks Ladybird! they do take me hours but I love that it keeps my mind and hands busy and at the end I have something that I can gift and hopefully make someone happy, both of my kids, all my nieces and nephews, sister in laws have their own blankets Smile

Unfortunately my confidence lets me down when it comes to selling anything I make, I definitely couldn't do requests, unless it was for fellow rainbow lovers, every now and then I'll go and check etsy for crochet items or I'll see what people sell their crochet makes for and it blows me away on each end of the scale, some people sell them for far less than the yarn is worth and then others sell them at exorbitant prices, so it makes me nervous even trying to put a price on my own work/time lol

Who knows though, maybe when I have a large amount of blankets sitting around as I've ran out of people to gift for I'll try to sell them, would be nice to make the cost of the yarn back, but for now, it's just pure pleasure <3
Avallan
Avallan

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritika Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:32 am

Those are beautiful, Meg! <3 I enjoy wearing scarves and especially love those. The projects for your children are adorable. I think it's awesome that you taught yourself how to crochet so you could make your daughter a rainbow blanket. I liked seeing your wide variety of projects. Thank you for sharing the pictures here. Smile
Spiritika
Spiritika

Back to top Go down