DabbingBrb
Warrlock
reenie 01
11 posters

Go down

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Empty OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread

Post by 1k Thu May 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Hello friend,

As you know, burmping our OSRS Forums Official Thread helps our clan to bring in new recruits!

Today, I'd like to present you with some statistics!

Rules and assumptions:
- Data gathered from our official V20 and V21 threads (older are not available anymore)
- A valid bump must be at least 5 minutes apart from the last post (to prevent spamming)

Bumps in numbers!!!
- 3712 posts in both threads (since 14th Jan 2020)
- 76 unique users have bumped the thread!
- Most bumps in 1 day: 92 (11th May)

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Spiral-calendar-pad_1f5d3 Monthly breakdown! OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Spiral-calendar-pad_1f5d3
- January: 290 bumps (data in forums from 14th Jan)
- February: 581 bumps
- March: 391 bumps
- April 964 bumps!!!
- May 910 bumps (Can we get to 1000?)

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Trophy_1f3c6 TOP 10 BUMPERS OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Trophy_1f3c6
OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread First-place-medal_1f947Syllabic with astonishing 729 bumps!
OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Second-place-medal_1f948Warrlock with 353 bumps!
OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Third-place-medal_1f949PugTart with 289 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 Tinnitus with 269 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 Skillius with 129 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 This Land with 126 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 1k gp please with 117 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 DabbingBrb with 94 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 Tgod1991 with 79 bumps!
 OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Large-yellow-circle_1f7e1 Cattom 25 with 78 bumps!

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Fisted-hand-sign_1f44a The Longest BUMP STREAK OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Fisted-hand-sign_1f44a

Warrlock with 12 consequtive bumps! (at least 9 minutes apart)

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Floppy-disk_1f4be How I got the data? OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Floppy-disk_1f4be

I wrote a simple app in Java, which browsed through all the pages and gathered the bumps! Calculations were made in Excel.

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Ledger_1f4d2 Got any feedback? OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Ledger_1f4d2

Or maybe you want to see some additional statistics? Let me know in the comments!

Last edited by 1k on Fri May 15, 2020 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Empty Re: OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread

Post by reenie 01 Fri May 15, 2020 12:14 am

good job Lukas
reenie 01
reenie 01

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrlock Fri May 15, 2020 12:53 am

Oh goodness Syll, impressive.
Warrlock
Warrlock

Back to top Go down

Post by DabbingBrb Fri May 15, 2020 1:00 am

I made the list! Great job bumping everyone, we get new members all the time that say they found us on the rs forums. My biggest complaint is whenever I want to bump the thread I have to login again. I wish the runescape website would keep me signed in between bumps. If that was the case I could see myself bumping even more frequently

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Dabna10

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Untitl10
DabbingBrb
DabbingBrb

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread NuD0cpJ

Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Fri May 15, 2020 1:21 am

Well done, love the collection, aggregation, and the layout you've got here. All very appealing, and useful information to have as well!

Cheers Lukas FeelsOkayMan

AKA OSRS Advice

AKA Bearadomin

AKA Bearrows

AKA King Bear

Bear
Bear

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread OTXfGgg

Back to top Go down

Post by This Land Fri May 15, 2020 1:36 am

Just when you think that someone can't be any cooler in your eyes they come out with something else that raises the bar! I love you

This is awesome my man I'm very impressed, especially as I have 0 technical skills with coding as of yet so it's even more impressive in my eyes! Happy I made the cut for the top 10 too, next stop, top 3 podium position!

Take care my man, keep being so awesome!
Mitch
This Land
This Land

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Fri May 15, 2020 1:48 am

You just had to showcase my complete lack of anything better to do, eh Lukas?

Seriously though, cool to see these stats again. I remember we had a similar thread way back around when I first joined, but it's nice to see it again. Thanks for posting!

And yeah, definitely gonna be done that thread by the end of May. I'd be very surprised if it even lasts a week at this rate. Fastest I've ever seen a recruitment thread fill up!

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread NuD0cpJ

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by 1k Fri May 15, 2020 2:51 am

reenie 01 wrote:good job Lukas
Thank you so much Reenie! OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Sparkling-heart_1f496

DabbingBrb wrote:I made the list! Great job bumping everyone, we get new members all the time that say they found us on the rs forums. My biggest complaint is whenever I want to bump the thread I have to login again. I wish the runescape website would keep me signed in between bumps. If that was the case I could see myself bumping even more frequently
Yeah, you made it, man! There are plugins for web browsers, that refresh websites for you. You can set a refresh timer at ~1 minute on OSRS Forums. This way you'll keep your session and stay logged in for a long as you want!

Bear wrote:Well done, love the collection, aggregation, and the layout you've got here. All very appealing, and useful information to have as well!

Cheers Lukas FeelsOkayMan
Thanks Bear OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Bear-face_1f43b! Appreciate the comment! I already see the increase in OSRS Forums thread activity!

This Land wrote:Just when you think that someone can't be any cooler in your eyes they come out with something else that raises the bar! I love you

This is awesome my man I'm very impressed, especially as I have 0 technical skills with coding as of yet so it's even more impressive in my eyes! Happy I made the cut for the top 10 too, next stop, top 3 podium position!

Take care my man, keep being so awesome!
Mitch
Ah Mitch! You are my hero! OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Man-superhero-light-skin-tone_1f9b8-1f3fb-200d-2642-fe0f Thank you so much for the kind words, brother!

Syllabic wrote:You just had to showcase my complete lack of anything better to do, eh Lukas?

Seriously though, cool to see these stats again. I remember we had a similar thread way back around when I first joined, but it's nice to see it again. Thanks for posting!

And yeah, definitely gonna be done that thread by the end of May. I'd be very surprised if it even lasts a week at this rate. Fastest I've ever seen a recruitment thread fill up!
Haha Brodie, you bump like crazy!!! OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread Fisted-hand-sign_emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type-1-2_1f44a-1f3fb_1f3fb Haha I already see an increse in forum activity since I posted those stats! I'm thinking maybe I should change the valid bump from 5 mins to at least 9 minutes apart!

Back to top Go down

Post by PugTart Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 am

POGGIES! yay! good job everyone
PugTart
PugTart

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread YP5zkAJ

hp

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinnitus Fri May 15, 2020 3:36 am

Awesome coding man. I usually leave a tab open on the forums and bump every 20-30 minutes when I'm online - I figure it's the easiest way to recruit new peeps Razz

Nice job guys!
Tinnitus
Tinnitus

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread 4068HaS

Hellpuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Advice Bot Fri May 15, 2020 9:02 am

Where were you a few years ago??? I used to have to produce these stats manually... I guess that's why they say "work smarter not harder."

Thanks for sharing... Nice to see so many people helping grow the clan!
Advice Bot

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread EXUiqne

Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt Ross Fri May 15, 2020 9:08 am

Great script 1k, formatting and data too,

Nice job Syll Cool
Matt Ross
Matt Ross

OSRS ADVICE - Bump The Thread 4068HaS

Back to top Go down

Post by 1k Fri May 15, 2020 10:22 am

Tinnitus wrote:Awesome coding man. I usually leave a tab open on the forums and bump every 20-30 minutes when I'm online - I figure it's the easiest way to recruit new peeps Razz

Nice job guys!
Thanks a lot! Yeah I noticed you on forums! You are very active! Keep up the great work!

OSRS Hailey wrote:Where were you a few years ago??? I used to have to produce these stats manually... I guess that's why they say "work smarter not harder."

Thanks for sharing... Nice to see so many people helping grow the clan!
Manually?! Oh wow! This must have taken some time! I will keep on updating the list every week or two.

Cortado wrote:Great script 1k, formatting and data too,

Nice job Syll Cool
Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

If you guys have any ideas, let me know!

Back to top Go down