eoinc
i Kelly
Bunny
ladybird2
8 posters

Go down

this partly explains Empty this partly explains

Post by ladybird2 Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:07 am

why I want to creative.............and just cant manage it......I have toooo much stuff and no inspiration, although oddly seeing it in a more detached way from photos has given me an idea or two. I also know sitting playing rs wont get me in there being busy..........this partly explains 00110
this partly explains 00210
this partly explains 00410
ladybird2

this partly explains NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

this partly explains Empty Re: this partly explains

Post by Bunny Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:02 pm

Wow that's a lot of craft supplies LB!
Bunny
Bunny

this partly explains 4068HaS

Stitch

Back to top Go down

Post by i Kelly Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Definitely a lot of craft supplies! What do you usually dabble in making?

I've always found what helps me for inspiration is looking at other people's supplies (e.g., when I worked with graphic design I'd look on YouTube and see what other stuff people were making or the scads of supplies they had harbored) and it would be enough inspiration for me, seeing a likeminded person being so passionate and
i Kelly
i Kelly

this partly explains YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:28 pm

One of my intentions is to put a whole load of photos into some sort of order, and maybe crop and collage them, I have some lovely empty albums very suitable. I have to say the nostalgia is real in lockdown and I want to avoid starting to wallow in past times and maybe getting overwhelmed.
Each cube has materials in it, whether rubber stamps,stickers, card making things, fabric paints....it really is a matter of art for art's sake...or tying into something worthwhile and maybe committing to finishing it for a reason. There is also a sewing machine buried under that lot of stuff. The fact that ive set foot in there twice today ... is progress..watch this space lol.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by eoinc Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 am

99 Crafting banked!
eoinc
eoinc

Woinc Med

Back to top Go down

Post by Syllabic Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 am

When I first opened this post I had to do a double-take. It looks exactly like the room my grandmother used to keep her craft supplies in. She was a kindergarten and elementary school teacher before she retired, and a scrapbooking fiend besides. Always seemed to have an endless supply of goodies hidden away in there. She doesn't do them as often now, but when I was younger she'd do a yearly family scrapbook and send out copies to anyone she thought might be interested. It's really nice to have those now that I'm a little older. Lets me experience those far gone family trips and bonfire nights at the cabin all over again.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Getting a little nostalgic here, haha. I'd love to see some of your progress, provided you're comfortable with sharing I love you

Tutter

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:56 pm

99 crafting banked indeed...more like 200m.......if only the muse would return........
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

this partly explains Empty acrylic on canvas

Post by ladybird2 Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:07 am

this partly explains 00211
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by TGOD1991 Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:36 am

Do what @Reenie01 does. Play and craft at the same time! You can do it!
TGOD1991
TGOD1991

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:07 pm

I cant do it, that way I wouldnt get to enjoy either thing...I'm a one thing at a time type of person...I dont watch tv or do anything more than stare out of the window occasionally when on rs, and if i'm painting or crafting rl...that has my full attention.
Ive got some ideas and when ive thought a bit more, i'll for sure be doing a canvas and some sewing again.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by i Kelly Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:03 pm

ladybird2 wrote:One of my intentions is to put a whole load of photos into some sort of order, and maybe crop and collage them, I have some lovely empty albums very suitable. I have to say the  nostalgia is real in lockdown and I want to avoid starting to wallow in past times and maybe getting overwhelmed.
Each cube  has materials in it, whether rubber stamps,stickers, card making things, fabric paints....it really is a matter of art  for art's sake...or tying into something worthwhile and maybe committing to finishing it for a reason. There is also a sewing machine buried under that lot of stuff. The fact that ive set foot in there twice today ... is progress..watch this  space lol.

While that did admittedly happen to me occasionally--feel nostaligic and get overwhelmed--the times that it helped far exceeded the times it hurt for me personally.

Whta kind of crafts do you enjoy the most? Your first picture of stuff reminds me a little bit of my mother's sewing studio (side job is she owns her own Etsy shop as a sewist designing handmade stuff). Personally my crafty side is definitely more digital. I can't draw to save my life and I tend to get a wee bit overwhelmed when I try to pick up any other handcrafts. I think for me though it's because the majority of them I have NO earthly idea how to execute and get discouraged trying to figure it out/Youtube it
i Kelly
i Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:38 am

I am at the frustrated trying to figure it out on youtube phase this very minute Smile I bought a job lot of zips...and want to create an origami style little pyramid purse, I need one more refresher and then I'm going to set up my machine and see what happens.It does not of course require me to use much if any of my hoard......
I agree about the photos, I have made albums and collated some in the past, I havent done anything with the ones I inherited from my mother, and memory lane is a very nice place to visit for an hour or two on any day of the week. I shall probably seek out family holidays, warm sea and family relaxing, and hope for more of the same and be grateful for what we have shared.
My other thought is to make bundles of things realistically I shall never use, maybe halve my stock and then when people can meet again maybe donate it to groups, schools, or just run a craft fest and get people who have grown sick of their own company to meet and make over a cup of tea.....we shall see. I also have an idea for a canvas for my sitting room. The canvas above was a commission for someone with a large kitchen diner which was basically clinical and white and she dressed the space with pot plants and a zing of colour from the reds and greens with toasters and such.What sort of things does your mother make, i'm a great fan of etsy, but since I'm no perfectionist i'm better at inspiring others than actually making perfect things Rolling Eyes
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by i Kelly Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:34 am

ladybird2 wrote:I am at the frustrated trying to figure it out on youtube phase this very minute Smile I bought a job lot of  zips...and want to create an origami style little pyramid purse, I need one  more  refresher and then I'm going to set up my machine and see what happens.It does not of course require me to use much if any of my hoard......
I agree about the photos, I have made albums and collated  some in the past, I havent done anything with the ones I inherited from my mother, and  memory lane is a very nice place to visit for an hour or two on any day of the week. I shall probably seek out family holidays, warm sea and family relaxing, and hope  for more of the same and be grateful for what we have shared.
My other thought is to make bundles of things realistically I shall never use, maybe halve my stock and  then when people can meet again maybe donate it to groups, schools, or just run a craft fest and get people who have grown sick of their own company to meet and make over a cup of tea.....we shall see. I also have an idea for a canvas for my sitting room. The canvas above was a commission for someone with a large kitchen diner which was basically clinical and white and she dressed the space with pot plants and a zing of colour from the reds and greens with toasters and such.What sort of things does your mother make, i'm a great fan of etsy, but since I'm no perfectionist i'm better at inspiring others than actually making perfect things Rolling Eyes

I'd love to see how the orgami-style pyramid purse ends up!

Sometimes reducing your stash helps (from what my mother's said in the past) because it helps with not having as much stuff to look at. Plus, then you would be donating your stuff to maybe someone else who lacking inspiration, you know? Like I said though, I didn't seem to get gifted with handcrafts -- though when I move into my apartment with my fiancee I may see if I can start doing something, maybe even just finally learning how to draw (physically, not digitally)

My mother makes stuff like asthma inhaler pouches, eyeglass cases, essential oil bags, etc. Here's a picture of one of her items (just snagged it from her Etsy shop)

this partly explains Il_794xN.2166563452_ax84

She's been at it for a few years now as a business, really enjoys doing it as a side job
i Kelly
i Kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Oh wow what a brilliant idea...one of my daughters carries an inhaler and that would be easy to identify if she needed help, it would also be good for current prescriptions if ever help was needed. I'll see if I can find her shop.
I got as far as watching the tutorial one more time.......then just sat and enjoyed the sunshine instead. If you dont feel too creative, a nice personal touch for a new home, if you dont have a great budget is chalk paint, it makes unmatched things match, freshens things up and adheres to most things, without a lot of prep and boring sanding. You can leave soft furnishings to your Mum by the sound of things Smile.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by 0RC Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:37 am

If your local hospitals and care homes are anything like ours then I'm sure the nurses would appreciate some washable linen bags to put their uniform in? Being on the road I know I'd love one right about now!
0RC
0RC

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:48 am

Food for thought......and thank you for being so unselfish and amazing. Stay safe <3
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Noctivagous Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Wow, that's so awesome what do you usually craft ?

Is it more of a hobby for you or a point of income as a job?

Seems really fascinating I can't create anything with these hands, =/ lol.
Noctivagous
Noctivagous

this partly explains IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum