A question regarding the profanity rule

4 posters

Go down

A question regarding the profanity rule Empty A question regarding the profanity rule

Post by Psionikal Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:17 pm

Is it fine to use any words that have one profane meaning in a sense that's not the profane one?
Example: The word "explicit"

(pls don't ban me btw)
Psionikal
Psionikal

Back to top Go down

A question regarding the profanity rule Empty Re: A question regarding the profanity rule

Post by fx plus Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:50 pm

I can't answer your question but I'm curious.
I'm confused by your example, so would you please elaborate?
fx plus
fx plus

Olmlet

Back to top Go down

A question regarding the profanity rule Empty Re: A question regarding the profanity rule

Post by Catnaros Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:11 am

There's really no one answer to this question. I've seen people do that on purpose and then argue they didn't mean it in the profane way, when it's fairly obvious they did. I've seen it the other way around as well. It's one of those rules where you need to use your best judgement, if it's questionable, ideally you should find a different way to say it. That's typically how I view it.
Catnaros
Catnaros

A question regarding the profanity rule ZL9RG

Back to top Go down

Post by Purple Dude Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:39 am

It's a lot like Catnaros said, it depends on the context usually, one of the many things we meet as an International Clan is that words mean different things in different countries. We try to judge as fairly as possible, sometimes you can say the exact same thing and get 2 different responses.

Context can be a difficult matter, if you end up getting warned for an "innocent" word in your opinion, PM the mod that warned you and ask nicely for why its bad. Most mods have their private on all-access, so just reach out if you get warned for something you don't understand.
Just don't try to start a discussion in the chat, that does no good to anyone Smile
bounce

A question regarding the profanity rule NuD0cpJ

Back to top Go down