Lokandur
SoraSpirit
Autocrat
md
runtellthat4
ladybird2
10 posters

Go down

watch out for..... Empty watch out for.....

Post by ladybird2 Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:27 pm

New players coming into cc for a few hours, and then claiming they have been hacked. I'm pleased to see really good advice being given , about scanning computers , resetting, using authenticators.
Today someone came in wanting b/tassets....turned out actually wanted the 1m or so he was short. On investigation he has 3 levels short of being able to wear it. I know its a faff but finding out those sorts of things, helps good natured players who offer to help from making us a target for subtle begging.
Currently we have someone saying they have lost 10m, very unspecific 'what I was wearing , and best stuff from bank' he doesn't seem to have the stats to support owning 10m of anything.
If someone said that to me, I'd be saying, I swapped gp from rs2, or a friend gave to me, or this is my alt..........non of this happened, its sad to have to be suspicious, but being taken disadvantage of is also not right.
We have some great clannies, currently the best advice is how to rebuild, and a lot of those giving it have been in that situation, do please keep an eye out.
I know some are always happy to donate regardless.
ladybird2

watch out for..... NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

watch out for..... Empty Re: watch out for.....

Post by runtellthat4 Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:41 am

I have moved this topic from ranks section as it involves all our members directly....

We have had an increasing number of players join our CC looking for handouts...I want everyone to be careful and not become a victim...if you notice suspicious behavior Plz bring attention to a moderator...we do miss somethings as we play also..Our Moderators will be happy to remove such players and if you simply ask them to leave accept this THANK YOU from from all of us...

Do not be afraid to point out such behavior as a suspected scam to help protect fellow clannies.

In the examples Lady pointed out several clannies pointed out in chat that the suspected scammer neither have levels for equipment or abilities to make the amounts of money mentioned...

Plz be careful....
runtellthat4

watch out for..... Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Post by md Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:38 am

The biggest downfall of this game is its community. People try to take advantage of others left and right.

Recently I had a 120+cmb follow me asking for a whip/black mask to help him rebuild with slayer after being hacked by his IRL friend, and that he'd pay it back within a week. I gave in. I return 30 minutes later when, lo and behold, I see him asking another person for the same thing.

5 minutes at the GE will tell you about the current state of the game.
md
md

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:19 pm

There's a simple solution. Dont give out your money just to anyone. I think we do enough in CC by not allowing people to beg. Yes people still go about asking for stuff in round about ways and thats always cringe to watch as I think thats a form of begging too but we can only do so much. At the end of the day the person is responsible for their own gold and how they choose to spend it.
Autocrat
Autocrat

watch out for..... IIyCd

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by SoraSpirit Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:41 am

Thanks for bringing this up Lady. I didn't realise it's happened (maybe when i'm not on). Will definitely keep an eye out. I agree with what Auto said; best thing to do is just avoid giving out GP. Especially if its someone you don't know.

watch out for..... Unknown
SoraSpirit
SoraSpirit

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:23 pm

Autocrat wrote:There's a simple solution. Dont give out your money just to anyone. I think we do enough in CC by not allowing people to beg. Yes people still go about asking for stuff in round about ways and thats always cringe to watch as I think thats a form of begging too but we can only do so much. At the end of the day the person is responsible for their own gold and how they choose to spend it.

I agree with this and most long term players know this all to well....Do to our culture of welcoming newer players..some may take it for granted and trust others in our CC a bit more than in RS as a whole...As newer players try to show that they want to a part of us and be a good clannie they may give scam artists a little more trust than they deserve...
It is for that reason we want to warn our members and ask our more experienced members to look out for their fellow clannies....
runtellthat4

watch out for..... Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:02 am

Some CC members have been very generous to me in my RS journey and I feel the need to pass that along to new players.
(Lowkey thanks to Active Faith, Goats, Autocrat, Greybird, Alpha Bar & Purplicious)

I've started helping new players as much as I can afford to now that I'm established in the game and have a comfortable bank, and I'm yet to be burned by someone I've helped. Some of the red flags that pop with ill-intentioned players are -

- they ask for money
- they are unwilling to follow advice to make their own money
- are looking for the quick and easy options
- will claim to have been scammed/died and lost a lot
- they're rude or annoyed when you don't help them
- unappreciative of low level help or ask for more
- only talk to you when they need something

If you can spot the signs, you can weed out the good players from the bad. So I encourage players to be careful with who you trust, but also be careful not to stop trusting altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 am

Very nice post Lok and just what I would have expected from you. I never want anyone in the clan to withdraw from being kind and generous with either time or goods or whatever, the stories of gratitude for help are always heart warming.
Your list sums up pretty much the trigger points for occasions when alarm bells ring, and a bit of research can hopefully avoid a bad experience.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by DisperseRS Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:20 pm

With time and effort anything can be earned. At least that is what I think.
DisperseRS
DisperseRS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bing Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Lokandur wrote:Some CC members have been very generous to me in my RS journey and I feel the need to pass that along to new players.
(Lowkey thanks to Active Faith, Goats, Autocrat, Greybird, Alpha Bar & Purplicious)

I've started helping new players as much as I can afford to now that I'm established in the game and have a comfortable bank, and I'm yet to be burned by someone I've helped. Some of the red flags that pop with ill-intentioned players are -

- they ask for money
- they are unwilling to follow advice to make their own money
- are looking for the quick and easy options
- will claim to have been scammed/died and lost a lot
- they're rude or annoyed when you don't help them
- unappreciative of low level help or ask for more
- only talk to you when they need something

If you can spot the signs, you can weed out the good players from the bad. So I encourage players to be careful with who you trust, but also be careful not to stop trusting altogether.

Well said Lok - helpful flags for people to remember before deciding to give out money watch out for..... Thumb_up
Bing

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by Fudgywig Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 am

This is a big eye opener
Thanks for the heads up on this subject as there is alot of kind players in the CC and for new folks or players to take a great advantage or any advantage at all on this is so stressful to see, i'm glad we have members and constant help through troubles and problems,
great to see this situation being made aware  thank you <3
Fudgywig
Fudgywig

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:52 am

bump
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodjery Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:25 am

Hey all, even if I am not at the cc for the moment, I couldn't avoid when I read all about this to let you know that I- Bod- was one of the hacked quite a while ago.
And all the friends in here, that wanted and desired to helped me lots!!!
I am still working, still rebuilding, but, not everyone is lying.
Each case, up to my own point of view, is different.
And yes, Lok is right.
I was also stolen, after lending my tassets and never got them back. But , putting into balance, friends, and clannies, are usually more helpful.
On the other hand, upon finding people begging, when I can , I offer to go with them and get items like herbs, or some sort of those so they can slowly rebuild.

I don't agree that it's the whole comunity ruining this game, as we are all part of this comunity and we have lovely members. And who didn't find other kind people around who weren't members of our clan.

For me, it's as Lady said, watch out, check, talk with people, and dig a bit about what is behind their requests. If they are not honest, after asking them they just give up and leave.

Just my personal doing lol

Be well, Be kind, Have joy.
Bodjery
Bodjery

watch out for..... YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down