Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in?

+2
Bing
ladybird2
6 posters

Go down

Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in? Empty Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in?

Post by Dream Deeply Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:21 pm

I usually fall asleep to the sound of an audiobook as it helps with my insomnia. I'm preferably looking for a fantasy series that lets me escape in to an engaging world with interesting characters.  So far I've gotten through The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter, the Discworld series and Ready Player One. A song of Ice and Fire would be my next choice but I'm not willing to get invested in to a series that may never be finished.

All recommendations are welcome so long as they have an audio book format and aren't spooky (no horror please affraid ).
Thank You I love you
Dream Deeply
Dream Deeply

Back to top Go down

Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in? Empty Re: Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in?

Post by ladybird2 Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 am

the time machine, H G Wells
ladybird2

Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in? NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in? Empty Re: Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in?

Post by Bing Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:53 pm

While I don't have any good recommendations - I do have a question about the logistics of this. I have heard many times from friends that they enjoy falling asleep to audiobooks, but I always wondered how you know where you left off at the next time you go to listen. Does it take a bit of seeking around to see what you remember from before you fell asleep?

Very Happy
Bing

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by M Lucas Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:32 am

Artemis Fowl?
M Lucas

Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in? U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Dream Deeply Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:17 am

Bing wrote:I do have a question about the logistics of this. I have heard many times from friends that they enjoy falling asleep to audiobooks, but I always wondered how you know where you left off at the next time you go to listen. Does it take a bit of seeking around to see what you remember from before you fell asleep?

Very Happy

I usually set a timer for the audio to stop playing after 90 minutes, the next day I'll skip through 10 minutes at a time until I hear something I don't recognise.
Dream Deeply
Dream Deeply

Back to top Go down

Post by greggo Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:53 pm

The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King. The universe encompasses many books not just the core "Dark Tower" books. If you google 'Dark Tower Reading Order', you should find a list.
greggo
greggo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vespolar Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:10 pm

The Maze Runner Series, The Testing Trilogy, The Arc of a Scythe trilogy (book 3 set to release in 2019), and a childhood favorite is the Pendragon series by DJ Machale (its 10 books so its a commitment)

Reccomendations for a new audio book series to get lost in? Image-10
Vespolar
Vespolar

Back to top Go down