Alexander
Penny
OfficialSamuelC
8 posters

Go down

Well hello! Empty Well hello!

Post by OfficialSamuelC Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:14 am

Hello all, I'm Samuel!

I'm looking forward to being part of the community! I'm 29 and already retired, so I have a lot of time on my hands to hopefully participate with said community! I actually live about 5 mins from the Jagex offices and used to jog by it every day on my run (the area is quite scenic and a lovely little pond/lake nearby), and even had a Jagex staff hoodie as I knew someone who worked for them. The staff are often down the local pub some evenings in their Jagex sweaters as well aha (less so since working from home began).

My in-game name is SamCarvalho

So yeah, that's me!
OfficialSamuelC
OfficialSamuelC

Well hello! IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Well hello! Empty Re: Well hello!

Post by Penny Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:29 am

Hey Samuel, welcome to the clan! I hope you enjoy your time here. We are happy to have you in our little community Smile
Penny
Penny

Well hello! IIyCd

Rocky

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:22 pm

Howdy Samuel,

Welcome to OSRS Advice! 29, retired, and 5 minutes from Jagex HQ? Hey, maybe you could work for them part-time. Razz

Lovely to meet you. Smile

Alexander
Alexander
Alexander

Well hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:33 pm

Hey Samuel, welcome! May I ask how it’s possible you’re already retired?Surprised
Let’s have some great adventures and nice moments together while we celebrate each other’s achievements!

Cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Musicked
Musicked

Well hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by B1oodDruid Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:01 pm

Welcome to the clan Sam! Hope to see you around, don't forget to join our discord as well. Very Happy
B1oodDruid
B1oodDruid

Well hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdBlue XO Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:04 am

Welcome to the clan! Don’t let retirement drive you crazy with all the free time!
ColdBlue XO
ColdBlue XO

Well hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by OfficialSamuelC Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:23 am

Sorry for the slow reply everyone!

Penny wrote:Hey Samuel, welcome to the clan! I hope you enjoy your time here.  We are happy to have you in our little community Smile
Thanks Penny, I look forward to being a part and contributing whatever I can!

Alexander wrote:Howdy Samuel,

Welcome to OSRS Advice! 29, retired, and 5 minutes from Jagex HQ? Hey, maybe you could work for them part-time. Razz

Lovely to meet you. Smile

Alexander
When I was a teen and in school, I genuinely wanted to work for them eventually, it actually led to some of the decisions I made with the courses I opted for in school. In the end I took another path which was fortunate and I'm glad I did, but I am still obsessed with gaming. But with an arthritic wrist, its sometimes rather painful, and I'm sure you can imagine RS skilling can have its effect with some click intensive training aha. Though my doctors see it as good physio, so paired with my pain medications and a good day, I can try play and at the same time its physio!

Non-Sensical wrote:Hey Samuel, welcome! May I ask how it’s possible you’re already retired?Surprised
Let’s have some great adventures and nice moments together while we celebrate each other’s achievements!

Cheers Like a Star @ heaven
Thank you! I mixture of good and bad luck! But I have quite bad cardiac and other health problems, so it's not all smooth sailing, but I have a wonderful wife whom I've been with since she was 16 and basically was dealing with my health problems from day one (in fact she experienced her first ambulance ride, blue lights rushing to hospital, about a week after we became official, due to a cardiac collapse, what I way to drop her right in it! We have two perfect children, a 3 year old son and a daughter who will be 2 in a couple of months. Fortunately my wife is in the same position as me, so we both have 24/7 365 to spend with our children and can enjoy every second as they grow up and we don't take that for granted as we know usually at least one parent has to go to work.

I hope one day I'll officially be in the clan so I can enjoy seeing the achievement pop ups!

B1oodDruid wrote:Welcome to the clan Sam! Hope to see you around, don't forget to join our discord as well. Very Happy
Thank you Smile I joined the Discord on day one but I don't know if I've dropped any messages in it yet. Always happy to voice chat in channels or with individuals as well should anyone in the Discord do that!

Cold Fusion wrote:Welcome to the clan! Don’t let retirement drive you crazy with all the free time!
Thank you! Aha don't worry, my 3 and 1 year old keep us on our feet!
OfficialSamuelC
OfficialSamuelC

Well hello! IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by B1oodDruid Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:41 pm

There's always plenty of VCers don't hesitate to join up an get to know everyone Very Happy
B1oodDruid
B1oodDruid

Well hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Zyron Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:56 am

Hey Samuel, welcome to the clan!

Nice to meet you and hope to see you ingame Wink
Zyron
Zyron

Back to top Go down

Post by Berr Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:55 am

welcome sam!
i am about your age and find the clan to be perfect mix of maturity and knowledge and enjoy spending time there too.
see you in the chat !

Berr

Ps I hope you enjoyed the zoo!
Berr
Berr

Back to top Go down

Post by OfficialSamuelC Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:19 pm

B1oodDruid wrote:There's always plenty of VCers don't hesitate to join up an get to know everyone Very Happy
That's good to know, thanks!
Zyron wrote:Hey Samuel, welcome to the clan!

Nice to meet you and hope to see you ingame Wink
You too!
Berr wrote:welcome sam!
i am about your age and find the clan to be perfect mix of maturity and knowledge and enjoy spending time there too.
see you in the chat !

Berr

Ps I hope you enjoyed the zoo!
So far that's the experience I have had and why I decided to commit a donation to the clan today, so thank you for that info!

We had a great day thank you!
OfficialSamuelC
OfficialSamuelC

Well hello! IIyCd

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:35 am

Thank you for sharing that, and what a wonderful story of you and your family❤ I’m glad you get to enjoy it to the fullest!!
Musicked
Musicked

Well hello! YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum