F O R E S T R Y

5 posters

Go down

F O R E S T R Y Empty F O R E S T R Y

Post by RedIrishTank Wed Jul 05, 2023 4:40 pm

What do you like about forestry?

What do you dislike like about forestry?

What do you think could be improved with forestry?

Are there any known bugs? If so mind sharing?

What are some good methods of doing it?

Are there Any shortcuts that might help a fellow clanmates?

RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

F O R E S T R Y YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

F O R E S T R Y Empty Re: F O R E S T R Y

Post by lilhob Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:53 am

Bumping cause I wanna see the answers 😅
lilhob
lilhob

F O R E S T R Y YP5zkAJ

kermit

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 am

I did it the first couple of days, when actual worlds were full when I wanted to try it out, so I coasted around to find ones with enough activity.
I dont use the plug in that obscures the view of others, and I think its a good idea on reflection.
People bring far too many huge pets and for the events part they get in the way.
There were people trolling by summoning the lep to bank, when he appears quite often in tune with the other events. Bees on sticks seemed a nice idea, but there again, it seems they were responsible for more of the flowers events . As a lazy person i'd have preferred a lot of roots rather than so much moving about for the sapling and flowers.
From what I hear people seem to have been or are enjoying it. It makes a change and the rewards seem to appeal, the good advice about what to choose is now coming out as people have learnt what is best. Where to cut etc.
I kept the chat on, but as usual there are the few who love demonstrating their low iq in terms of tops, although on another world some actual conversations took place as opposed to people being afk ( not sure thats a good idea, you could miss a lot) or simply bots.
I saw lots of players with far more exp than me there, but i'd have liked to be lower and have more of a reason to use it to get to 99 with benefits ! and I already have a beaver.
Time will tell, I hope its stays relevant and that people enjoy it, it may be fun for clan to do with 10 or more too, as long as we choose somewhere everyone can use.
Ive written this to start the ball rolling, and hopefully others will join in. Thumbs Up
ladybird2

F O R E S T R Y NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by Oen Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:02 pm

What do you like about forestry?
I like that it gives woodcutting a little more purpose. I also like that it gives the skill a bit more variation. I am looking forward to them adding a few more of the events. Probably the best change is that they made the trees a non competitive resource. I always hate hopping around for an empty world when skilling.

What do you dislike like about forestry?

I don't like that it was released in 2 parts and that we have to wait a while for the 2nd part to come.

What do you think could be improved with forestry?
The event spawn rate could be better balanced. The difference between woodcutting in a really full location with 50+ other people compared to doing it together with a group of say 3-8 clannies is way too big. Personally I don't think "Mass" is social skilling at all. Like Ladybird said, it brings out the crazies.

Are there any known bugs? If so mind sharing?
There was a major bug that stopped people from getting their reward xp at the end of an event but they fixed that now.

What are some good methods of doing it?
Personally I like just cutting the teaks at priff. They are pretty consistently high xp and have a decent crowd at them. If you are trying to get the most "bark" you are best of chasing the roots events around a world. Some friend chats have popped up for doing that.
Are there any shortcuts that might help a fellow clanmates?
I don't think shortcuts are needed at all. One of the goals of this update is to revive the old days of people woodcutting together at famous locations like maples at seers village, willows at draynor or magic trees. So you should just go cut whatever you feel like.
Oen
Oen

Back to top Go down

Post by Musicked Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:28 am

I’ll probably try it when part 2 comes out. I haven’t looked into it too much, but right now I don’t think I really get what’s going on with it Embarassed I’m hoping it does improve Woodcutting a bit, when it comes to repetitiveness.
Musicked
Musicked

F O R E S T R Y YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:16 am

lilhob lol. Very Happy
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

F O R E S T R Y YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:36 am

Yes LadyB I agree, Entity hider is a must when doing Forestry. I like the leprechaun, The only down side is that when you do get the event with the charm. The timing is way off and the event happens way to frequent, I burned through my charm in the matter of minutes. I made this thread back around the beginning of July, Not sure if it has changed it kind of does. Any input on that?

I love the roots! Great Xp, I have noticed that they move around quite a bit but I guess that is a good thing. Shouldn't make woodcutting too easy. Flowers I believe had a glitch at one point. I'm assuming they most likely fixed it. Not sure? Any body know?

Yeah for the struggling sapling, I noticed it's a lot easier to have public chat on as other players give out the code. I use to figure it out my self but when I was doing that I was wasting time.

Thank you LadyB I appreciate the feed back : )

RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

F O R E S T R Y YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RedIrishTank Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:42 pm

Any new takes on the Forestry update?
RedIrishTank
RedIrishTank

F O R E S T R Y YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: